A Noob SG.

nzk13

Some Jew-boy on Noble.
I would like to propose something: A succession game structured in such a way that some of its participants are novices (like myself), and some are veterans (like many, if not most of you). I would like 1 veteran, and 1 or 2 other Novices. (Novices are people who can win most of the time against the AI on Noble [but generally lose when attempting higher difficulties], Veterans are those who can consistently win against the AI on Monarch or higher.) Any volunteers?
BtS 3.19 required.
P.S. the game would run on Monarch,
Standard Map Size
Continents Map
Default amount of AIs
No Espionage
Random Personalities
You play as a Random Leader
All Victories enabled
Everything Else is the Default setting.

Slots:
1 Veteran - Lone Wolf

2 Novices.

Nzk13
Lempface

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 159
  • SG1 -4000 BC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35.5 KB · Views: 59
Maybe attaching a screenshot of the starting position and a savegame may attract more interest.

Maybe attaching a screenshot of the starting position and a savegame may attract more interest.

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Attaching a Screenshot and a Save to the OP.

Great! We now have 1. all we really need is a novice, because Lone Wolf here can play on Monarch very well. So, any novices who'd like to get better?
P.S. If nobody wants to, then I may make this a regular SG, but I'm a novice, so...:) I hope I can fulfill my original intent.
EDIT: Or, it may just be Lone Wolf & I. That's probably more likely. Lone Wolf, how long do you think we should wait for that last Novice slot to be filled?

how long do you think we should wait for that last Novice slot to be filled?

That's up to you.

Well, I'm a little late in posting, but time's up. Lone Wolf, it's just you and me. How about we switch every 10 turns?

Since you guys haven't started any chance I could get in? I play on Warlord and win 50/50. My techniques are improving especially early game but I get bogged down as the game progresses.

I'm fine with Lempface joining in. Anyway, since I'm the first in the roster, I should play my 10 turns today.

Never mind, forgot to remove my own incompatible assets. I'll replay the turnset.

Very nice! Will this SG work with bugmod? I've gotten so used to it its hard to play without it.
Dunno, ask the BUG people whether their mod works with the base game.

Moved 1 tile south in hopes of gaining two floodplains, lost two hidden grassland corns. I thought that we were suffering from a plains cow bug, but I guessed wrong.

Went worker first, teched Agriculture, next the Wheel, set on Pottery. Placed a sign on a potential city site.

Just in case, check, can you open my save without crashing.

Attachments

• Luke BC-3600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    48.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 174
It works but made me unload my mod. I'm running BUG BAT and BULL if anyone has any ideas.

EDIT: Nevermind, my BUG gui is still showing up -=]

I'm fine with Lempface joining in. Anyway, since I'm the first in the roster, I should play my 10 turns today.

Lempface, I am outvoted! Welcome aboard! I'll do my 10 turns tomorrow.

Okay, the Worker's finished; I'm building a warrior so London has an opportunity to grow. I'm thinking that once we hit 2 or 3 pop, we can start on a Settler. The Wheel finished research, moved on to Pottery (done next turn); perhaps Animal Husbandry afterwards (for the Cows above London)? Anyway, the Worker's developing a Farm just SW of London, on the Flood Plains. I've sent the starting Warrior to explore West, he found a goody hut, (which spawned a Barbarian Warrior, which attacked him and lost, I promoted our victorious Warrior with Combat I), and a possible city site. Your turn, Lempface!

Attachments

• SG1 -3200 BC (Turn 20).CivBeyondSwordSave
    53.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 97
Alright, just loaded it up and everything seems in order as far as BUG and BULL working correctly! Major :smiles: for that working. So looking at things the stone seems nice so maybe early masonry? What about animal husbandry next for those cows?

The 2nd picture shows another possible city location, we'd need mysticism to pop the borders but it looks good to me. I haven't advanced turn 11 yet but the 1st picture shows we will get a new pop next turn on the farmed FP. Do you guys like that, or should we move him back to the oasis and shave a turn off of the research but push growth back a turn? I also moved the healed warrior one tile to the west into the forest and nothing interesting was revealed. I'll wait to hear back from you guys before proceeding! :) Having fun already!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom