New techs?

Putmalk

Deity
Something odd struck me. The blog post very specifically numbers exactly how much of new things will be in ("27 new units, 13 new buildings, 9 new wonders, and 9 new playable civilizations"), but leaves out technologies? In the post it does say: "Gods & Kings will add more techs, units, buildings, Wonders, and playable Civilizations", but there's no number attached to it, and I can't find any new techs in the screenshots.

So, speculation time?

What kind/how many new techs do you think will be in the game?

I'd just throw some out there:
1. Calculus
2. Drama
3. Music (although Acoustics is already in...)
4. Espionage
5. Feudalism
6. Piracy
7. Colonization
8. Medicine (read: not Penicilin, but some Industrial-era stuff)

Any other thoughts?

I like some of those, but I think "Medicine" is a bad name for an industrial-era technology. Medicine existed much earlier than that. I think in fact that choice of name "Penicillin" for the tech in Civ5 was rather good.

Some Classical Era techs would be great, seriously, the current Classical Era is just too short.

Especially if you consider how many things were developed by the Greeks and the Romans.

Pulling from my own mod here, and yes, more Classical techs are needed, I was thinking "Code of Laws, Ballistics, Stirrups (medieval?)".

Bring back Publishing and Agriculture (lol), and give starting techs to civs. After all, Publishing and Agriculture were going to be in the original. No reason not to put them back in.

Pulling from my own mod here, and yes, more Classical techs are needed, I was thinking "Code of Laws, Ballistics, Stirrups (medieval?)".

Now that you mention it, Code of Laws seems rather obvious. Maybe a new prereq. for the Courthouse? :)

As for the others, I'm not sure, but they do look like interesting possibilities.

Some Future Techs would be nice, other than those needed for Science Victory. A NUCLEAR DEFENSE SHIELD of some sort in the Future Era is, IMHO, a necessary add.

Calculus, Ballistics and Publishing are all in the files, wouldn't be suprised to see them included. I'm also hoping to see a couple Rennaisance religious techs, mainly because as it stands with my mods if I'm doing a religious one at that time I have to dump it in Theology or Acoustics, each one now has about nine wonders when you take all of ours into account

Maybe Cartography. Map trading?

I would like this. It could also give +1 Sight to ships.

Come to think of it, would Map trading be one of those "improved diplomacy" features? That would make sense to include Cartography if it was.

I'm guessing an extra tech regarding flight.
Since "Flight" in CiV - G&K's seem to have bi/tri-planes as units, monoplanes need another spot. Unless of course fighters have also moved to Radar (with bombers). Also, the aircraft carrier is moved.

Since "Flight" in CiV - G&K's seem to have bi/tri-planes as units, monoplanes need another spot. Unless of course fighters have also moved to Radar (with bombers). Also, the aircraft carrier is moved.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing an expanded Industrial and Modern era too. (lots of new units).

What differentiates Biplanes and Fighters? Their engines and designs? Maybe Radial Engines?

I'm guessing we'll be seeing an expanded Industrial and Modern era too. (lots of new units).

What differentiates Biplanes and Fighters? Their engines and designs? Maybe Radial Engines?

Aerodynamics?

Ah! let the speculation begin I love it.

Standard game is too small for map trading to be viable. They'll have to increase its size for this. Although, they'd better do it anyway, because 11 religions is more than there are civs in standard game.

I hope that classic era techs will be doubled, and era itself will be as long as medieval one.

I'm also hoping there'll be more classic techs, the classical period is way to short.

Maybe will have some religious-oriented techs?

Does anyone know how many new techs there'll be?

Maybe jet engines?

Top Bottom