Grand Unified Story Thread

KillerClowns

Emperor
INDEX UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Since my Random Stories and Fragments thread sort of... expanded, I'll need a new one to catalogue everything. This will be the new Random Stories and Fragments thread; I'll still have links to all the stories in the old one, of course, as well as, eventually, elsewhere in this subforum.

I think I have enough room for any purposes I'll need... famous last words, eh?

Anything you read here, unless posted by Kael or Nikis-Knight, should be taken as non-canonical; some of these were since absorbed into canonical FfH, the modmods, or unofficial deuterocanon, but by and large, anything written by anyone other than Kael or Nikis-Knight is purely the interpretation of the authors, and not to be used in arguments elsewhere in the forums unless actual canon is utterly unavailable. If you use non-canon where canon is available, MagisterCultuum will summon forth wraiths to destroy all you hold dear. Or politely correct you; it really depends on his mood.

If you have comments/suggestions/links I need to add, or stories you'd like to post, feel free to post them here
Other threads:
BCalchet's Words? Words! WORDS! thread
Cypher132's Story Thread
The old story thread
In a Bright Land
Tales from Erebus
Mazera Story Thread
Mazera II

Canonical Writers:

Kael
Gibbon Goetia
Tebryn Arbandi
The Cult of Temeluchus
The Fall of Mammon
The Layers of Hell
The Bestiary of Erebus

Nikis-Knight
Who Exactly Are You Taking For a Fool?

Wilboman
Nothing Currently on Forums

Corindale
Nothing Currently on Forums

Non-Canon Writers:

25_Hour:
Good times

Babelfish8000
Tower of Necromancy
Setherim's Escape

cypher132
(untitled)
(untitled)
Journal Of Tarkar Merek

Cyther
The infamous Christmas Song

Darksaber1
Ashes to Ashes
Charity Dinner
The Mercenary and the Fool
The Paladin and the Unseelie
Dead Sun Offesnsive, Part 1
Untitled

Diamondeye
The Somnium Final
Insanity At Its Finest
Cassiel the Philosopher
The Revelry parts 1-3

The Revelry Part 4
The Importance of Heroes
The Story of Donuin
Costume Makes the Clown
Your Champion Has Fallen
The Vast Sea
A Not Too Standard Exchange Student
Assassination of Capria
Battle of the Seraphic Pyre

Ekolite (formerly known as Kol.7):
Theater
The Calabim Saga:
The Book of Zarnaphea
The Book of Zarnaphea, continued

Grey Fox
Untitled

Immaculate
(untitled)
(untitled)
The Split and a Solution
The Split and a Solution, continued
Senate Resumes
The Crucifixion of the Republic
The Old Ways Die Hard
Demons at the Abbey
In the Garden
The Witch's Winter
A Victor's Parade

Jabie
The Tear of Mammon
On a point of Order
Slavery
Verrochio
Sanctuary
Raging Seas

Kenkrajen
The Black Book of Ceridwen
Ghost Town, parts 1-3
Ghost Town, parts 4-5
Ghost Town, parts 6-7
Ghost Town, parts 8-10

KillerClowns:
Kwythellar
Mistforms
That Old Time Religion
A Day in Jubilee

Random non-sequiters
Hyborem's End
The Blank Banner
An Open Letter regarding Alteration and Necromancy (and Aaron's "response")
Asking Questions
The Chosen (The lower one)
Angel
Balseraph Diplomacy
Maestro
The Saga of Samuel (once I get this index done, I'll see about finishing this):
Leaving Galveholm:
Golden
The Order From Street Level
Aldrin Gray
Evil Tome Reading Precautions

Laroth's Inferno Part 1
Parts 2-4
Part 5
Ashen Veil Propoganda, annotated
Paradise
The Siege Breaker

Reminiscence
Temeluchus Comes
Keelyn's Defeat
A Wager

Loocas
(untitled)
The Great Library
Catacomb Libralus

The Necronomicon

Mknn
The Price of Spring

MonkeyFinger:
Monks and Necromancers

Rasta69
(untitled)
Revenge is Best Served Cold with a Side of Parsley

Skitters:
The Tower of Necromancy
Zest Restaurant Review
Conspiracy Theory
creation.com
Erebusbook
Volanna

TheJopa:
The Fall of Kwythelhelar

TheWyrm:
Choices
First Impressions
Kulkal
Protection

thomas.berubeg:
The Saga of The Priesthood, First part
Valada Kylorinkin
Clan of Embers Opening
The Succession, Part 1
The Succession, Parts 2, 3
Mistforms
Night of the Werewolves

Thonnas
Airship

Trieste
(untitled)

Tyrs
Enter The Scarred Priest
A Rivalry Begins
Murder Under The Black Candle

Unirid
The Narius Chronicles

There truly is no kill like overkill, but this should suffice. (Famous last words, huh?)

So, besides the understandable place of prominence for Kael, shouldn't those be in alphabetical order?

Ah, actually I was arranging them from most stories to least stories, with no particular arrangement for authors with the same number save for however they ended up. I'll work on it, though; I'm keeping the by-numbers for now (and Nikis-Knight stays with Kael), but I'll alphabetically arrange same #s.
EDIT: Actually, alphabetical is easier. That I shall do, though still reserving Kael and Nikis-Knight top spot.

Your section for GreyFox is a bit odd looking. ;)

I also like the italics for Cyther and Cypher. xD

I thought Thunderfall was going to change his name to Mazera.

Anyways, it's nice to have a huge list of all the non-cannon lore.

I thought Thunderfall was going to change his name to Mazera.

Anyways, it's nice to have a huge list of all the non-cannon lore.

I tried, but eventually I just stopped giving a crap.

Also, I found an old short story I wrote. I fixed it up a little bit. Not my best, but I think it's pretty good for 2:30 in the morning baked off my balls. I have a few other really old ones that I might post, but they're much longer and part of an overall story. I'll fix them up first.

Spoiler :
Doviello Arena

Artugra stood at the entrance to the great arena. He saw at the other entrance a small scared man he knew by the name of Modin, wearing nothing but dirty rags and the expression of an animal about to die. This is not to say Artugra himself didn't feel fear. When you are forced into the arena by your master, there is a high chance you will die. Artugra got here by defying an order from his master to kill a sick child. Now he had to fight to the death to keep his life. He surveyed the crowd around him, bloodthirsty and crying for death.
A large Doviello man broke the skull of an ogre with his club, signifying the beginning of the battle. Artugra was pushed out of the entrance and into the arena, the same for Modin. He knew he had to fight or both would be left for the sport of wolves. He glanced around frantically, looking for something he could use as a weapon and saw several stones lying on the ground near the side of arena. His opponent, equally as frantic, noticed them as well and opened up into a highspeed sprint to reach what could be his salvation. Artugra ran to the pile of rocks himself, arriving at his destination at the same time as Modin. Realizing that Modin could not get his hands on these precious stones, Artugra tackled the man, forcing him to the ground and began to rain blows down upon Modin. He heard a sharp crack as his opponent's nose was broken from a well-aimed punch, but the Doviello were raised to be hardy and Artugra soon found himself lying on the ground with Modin standing above him, holding one of the stones that Artugra had coveted mere minutes before, dripping blood onto his face.
Modin leapt onto Artugra and swung the rock down onto his shoulder, breaking it in the process. Atugra reached for his own weapon with his last good arm and swung it up to Modin's face. There was a loud crack as the bones in Modin's cheek snapped and cracked from the force of the blow. Modin fell off Artugra, holding his face and screaming in pain. Artugra, filled with adrenaline and his natural Doviello bloodlust, repeatedly brought the stone down upon the back of Modin's head, breaking through the bone with every strike. Pieces of blood and bone flew from the head of Modin as the stone tore into the brain. Soon, Modin became motionless and Artugra stood holding the stone high in a symbol of victory. The crowd roared, delighted in the carnage and bloodshed they had just witness. Artugra waited for the entrance gate to lift so he could exit, but another gate opened to the left of him. Three wolves strode out of it, fur raised and growling at the victorious man. A wounded Doviello is a useless Doviello and the wolves were hungry.

Download: Cave of Ancestors

This is one of the short stories from the Book of Tears (just a first draft). Let me know what you think.

A first draft!? Wow! It's just too good to be a first draft. C'mon, admit it...

The dialogue has a natural flow which I admire. I always wonder if mine comes off as too clunky.

feedback about story details:
Spoiler :
Perchance a Zelda reference on page 2?

There were some sort of special bug swarm mentioned somewhere with a graphic proposed for them but I couldn't find the thread. Are these normal bugs or a reference to that magical variety?

As a writer, I thought this was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Thank you for posting it!

Great story!

A first draft!? Wow! It's just too good to be a first draft. C'mon, admit it...

The dialogue has a natural flow which I admire. I always wonder if mine comes off as too clunky.

feedback about story details:
Spoiler :
Perchance a Zelda reference on page 2?

There were some sort of special bug swarm mentioned somewhere with a graphic proposed for them but I couldn't find the thread. Are these normal bugs or a reference to that magical variety?

As a writer, I thought this was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Thank you for posting it!

Thanks guys. Its a first draft in that its at the point where I share it with others for feedback. SeZ got an early copy, but outside of that you folks are the first people to check it out.

Spoiler :
The bugs aren't a reference to Zelda. Im not sure what special bug swarm you are referring to (outside of the story, I know the bugs in the story obviously).

Top Bottom