Official System Requirements

2K Greg

<span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un
As promised, here are the system requirements:

ATTENTION: Graphic cards overview please see here.
If your card is not listed there, find a listed one in this chart and try to compare yours.

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries and Microsoft DirectX.

Internet Connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details

Software license terms available in game manual and at www.take2games.com/eula. Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or online account registration (13+). Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified or offered under different terms.

http://www.civilization5.com/#/community/system_requirements

Does that mean it won't run under XP SP2?

Thanks.

I LOVE YOU GREG!!! :D

I guess "very soon" too you, is VERY soon. I'll keep that in mind...

Hmm, may need to upgrade my CPU. Any point in upgrading a core 2 duo E8200 to a quad core CPU (socket LGA775). Or should I upgrade to the newer quad cores?

Can someone post them here for me please :). Thanks!

Trenzo you'll need a new mobo if you want a newer quad core, and maybe ram if yours is ddr2 now, the new i7's are ddr3.

Is this on can you run it site? Or any site that will check your system? Cause I cant tell if my graphics card is usable

Back to Community

August 5, 2010

Civilization
V
System
Requirements

Many of you have been asking for this for a while now, and so I am happy to finally present to you the official system requirements for Civilization V:

Minimum
System
Requirements

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

Recommended
System
Requirements

Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries and Microsoft DirectX.

Internet Connection and acceptance of Steam&#8482; Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details

Trenzo you'll need a new mobo if you want a newer quad core, and maybe ram if yours is ddr2 now, the new i7's are ddr3.

Yeah, that was why I was asking if the upgrade to the quad cores using socket LGA775 would be a good idea, or if I should go all the way and upgrade motherboard, ram and CPU...

I meet the recommended :)

Also nice to see it was posted here before Facebook

Is this on can you run it site? Or any site that will check your system? Cause I cant tell if my graphics card is usable

What graphics card do you have?

Lga 775 is a dead socket, if you have the money to burn might as well right? ;). I just upgraded recently and don't regret it one bit!

I think I should be ok, I have 4gb of Ram but a 256mb video card and only a 2.36 duo core

If anyone thinks this won't be ok please let me know:confused:

Could someone please help me , Im not very clued up on graphics cards..

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card will this work ?

Sorry for all these posts in a row!

Greg, or anyone knowledgable, I have a dx10 card, will Civ V run in dx 10, or only in either 9 or 11? I ask because 9 is minimum and 11 is recommended, and there is no mention of 10.

Sweet, my Proc is going to meet the recommended specs. I only have 3 gigs of memory (on 32bit vista.) My Video card is a little light, but it meets minimums. So that's where I shall spend some cash.

integrated intel graphics media accelerator 4500mhd

The minimum required integrated video chipset is the Intel i3. I think the chipset you've got is from before that, but I am not completely sure. Someone who is more familiar with the Intel integrated chipsets should be able to answer that for sure.

Top Bottom