[BUG?] Old faithful is a mountin

SerriaFox

King
I just discovered old faithful allows the construction of an observatory, does it work for all special features?

Can you post a screenshot and/or save game of this happening?

The natural wonders should be impassable, and I'd say you don't want to construct your observatory on top of a geyser. Based on what you say, possibly it just checks whether it's a mountain field without checking whether it's a natural wonder, which would be a nono.

That should be hill ofcourse. Perhaps the observatory is meant to observe the geyser?:mischief:

The real question is why it´s listed as a Natural Wonder (and not, say, the Grand Canyon). And if you put Krakatoa as a natural wonder, why not Mt Helens? (I´m sure the witnesses to the eruption of both were marvelling at this ´natural wonder´...) :eek:

Ok I added the autosave. If you check out Cologne you will see it has an observatory but no mountains

Attachments

• AutoSave_0350 AD-1930.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
I just discovered old faithful allows the construction of an observatory, does it work for all special features?

Actually, Old Faithful is located in a mountain. Or do you mean natural wonders count as no terrain type? Or as all terrain types?

I see... well, the Great Barrier Reef isn´t mountainous.

Krakatoa is probably in there to have another naval natural wonder to join the Great Barrier Reef and the Rock of Gibraltar.

Could´ve picked Mount Everest. Anywho, black smokers´d be more of a natural wonder than Krakatoa IMO (but ofcourse they´re harder to see...).

Also, the Great Barrier Reef is only 2 tiles.

Top Bottom