Northeast Asian City Styles

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
Stico and Kyriakos's recent creations have been quite an inspiration so it seems natural that I should move up the Tech Tree as well.

The first of several, a city set for Tamna. Though Tamna was confined entirely to Jeju Island, I'd imagine this city set could be used for other Asian civs as well.

Attachments

• tamna3c.png
    tamna3c.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 149
all roofs have same colour, change the colour from grey to brownish for each house, so you will read the settlement easily, the center piece could have a greyish colour.

@stico: It's a city. I guess that means that I should add a little more. :crazyeye:

@Jerry'sGoldfish: I'm not sure how much I can change the color without making it historically inaccurate. Tile-roof buildings were a rarity on Jeju Island right up to the 15th century. I might stick in a few trees between buildings to make them more distinguishable from each other.

@stico: It's a city. I guess that means that I should add a little more. :crazyeye:

@Jerry'sGoldfish: I'm not sure how much I can change the color without making it historically inaccurate. Tile-roof buildings were a rarity on Jeju Island right up to the 15th century. I might stick in a few trees between buildings to make them more distinguishable from each other.

No, I did not mean is to simple, I was just curious :)

I am going to say the same like in Kyriakos Scandinavian tread, wood colour is definitely to dark and as someone said to me before, we have to chose between accuracy and how is it display in a game.

I suppose I could lighten the central palace's and the watchtowers' roof textures.

How does this look?

Attachments

• tamna3d.png
    tamna3d.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 96
Should I change all the roof textures to match the centerpiece then?

Changed the roof textures of a few houses.

Attachments

• tamna3e.png
    tamna3e.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 78
Definitely! Looks much much better, myself probably would made middle space between grey bottom wall and brownish roof a bid wider even it will low down accuracy a bit.

Technically, this city is Size 3. Should I add a few more houses or is it big enough?

The lighter roofs look like they're newly re-thatched. A nice touch. Your other cities with trees & excellent work with water show you could make the fountain stand out & add a little color variation without loosing the cohesive look that is important to the cultural setting.

I think I'm going to make these graphics 4-era. Any final comments or suggestions before I move onto the next era graphics?

Attachments

• tamna3f.png
    tamna3f.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom