Phantom Colonist Bug

yturk39

Warlord
Sometimes when I drag a colonist from the settlement screen to the garrison, or from the garrison screen to a ship it will vanish into thin air. The Settlement population remains the same, but basically the unit is invisible and produces NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER to the colony.

I've had it happens twice now, once with a Master Tobbanconist, the second time with a Petty Criminal.

Does anyone else have this issue?

That is a strange problem and not one I have come across before. However there is something you can check if it happens again. Go to your Military Advisor (F5) and select 'Sort by Unit'. This groups all units of the same type together so you can page down to Master Tobcconist or whoever has gone missing, then click on each one and it will show you where they are on the map.

It may still not help, but it is something to try.

Sometimes when I drag a colonist from the settlement screen to the garrison, or from the garrison screen to a ship it will vanish into thin air. The Settlement population remains the same, but basically the unit is invisible and produces NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER to the colony.

I've had it happens twice now, once with a Master Tobbanconist, the second time with a Petty Criminal.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Yes, I have had it happen to me.

Similarly I have clicked and dragged resources into the colony from a wagon or ship to the colony and it disappears as well.

I have found if one is very carefull with where the "drop" is done - all comes as expected. So it may be that the "drop point" is not recognized by the program and thus the colonist or product just goes to "bit heaven"

Top Bottom