IOT Organisational and Discussion Thread

Tee Kay

Three days sober
Imperium Offtopicum
Organisational & Discussion Thread

Imperium Offtopicum is often defined as "an empire-building game" that spawned from the Altered Maps threads. It has had many, many variations, but generally speaking: you create or take over a nation of your choice, you expand a little at a time, you can engage in war and diplomacy and conquer the world, and the overall goal is fun.

Links

In Progress

These games have started. They may still be accepting new players.

On Hiatus

These games are currently on hold.

In Development

These games are currently still in development. They are currently listed in no particular order.

Note: some of these games are currently in beta. See the Forum Games Beta Testing Group for more details.

The Graveyard of Empires - Past Games

Spoiler :
Seventh Generation
IOT saw some very large, relatively long-lived, very ambitious games, subforum gains Birdjaguar as moderator.

Spoiler :

Sixth Generation
IOT moved to a new subforum, great proliferation of games mostly taking inspiration from Fifth Generation games, though most are short-lived, IOT develops as a social community.
Memorable games: YoshIOT, Sons of Mars III, MIOT, Peshawar Lancers, SonRISK, Fiat Lux, Second American Revolution

Spoiler :

Fifth Generation
IOT gains momentum, longer-lasting games, games vary greatly in style and complexity, from Mini-IOTs to Iron and Blood. Games dominated by Sonereal and Taniciusfox, while some formerly active players from the 1st-4th generations disappeared from the scene.
Memorable games: IOTVII, Mini-IOT Eastern Asia, SonIOT, Land Ho!, Imperium Mobiana, Red Alert IOT, Iron and Blood, sons of Mars II

Spoiler :

Fourth Generation IOT
Increasing nostalgia for Classic IOT, large increase in variety, influx of posters from Stories and Tales, Sonereal is dominant poster.
Memorable games: IOTC, RIOT, IOTVI

Third Generation IOT
IOT Developmental Thread is made, addition of more game concepts such as economy, different combat systems, many short-lived spin-offs.
Memorable games: IOTII, Ab Antiquo, Mini-IOT Cradle of Civilization

Spoiler :

Second Generation (Classic IOT)
Early experimentation with rules and game mechanics, early spin-offs

First Generation (Classic IOT)
Free-for-all games with little rules or structure

IOT Etiquette

1. Do not flame, troll, or personally insult any other player. You may comment on their actions negatively if they are behaving badly, but don't take it further than that.

2. Stay on topic. Make sure all comments are relevant to the fictional world of the current IOT and have nothing to do with your personal religious/political beliefs.

3. The Game Thread is not a chat room. If a conversation is only relevant to a few players, then discuss it with those players themselves. Use Social Groups or visitor/private messaging to discuss diplomatic issues. Don’t spam.

4. No powergaming. By definition, powergaming is making your country surpass every other country by all terms including armed forces, technology, etc.

6. The GM is supreme. He reserves the right to change game rules, ignore or modify orders, impose restrictions on players, disband player nations, and so on.

7. Above all else, RESPECT THY FELLOW FORUMERS.

Add IOT:Cold Shoulder to the list, it will be a small IOT set in Antarctica. It will probably start in May.

If you want sure, I was thinking of making this a larger game by having two maps but I'll discuss it more in the development thread.

IOTCW will be starting today(at some point), so now we fight over who's next :D

I vote Mobiana or World of Trade. I have no interest in them - but this way I'll be too busy GMing to play anyway and people can still have their fun.

Of course, I don't particularly care that much, so it's really y'alls fight :p

-L

IOTCW will be starting today(at some point), so now we fight over who's next :D

I vote Mobiana or World of Trade. I have no interest in them - but this way I'll be too busy GMing to play anyway and people can still have their fun.

Of course, I don't particularly care that much, so it's really y'alls fight :p

-L

What do you mean you vote?

Subbed incase I need to post info on IOTC.

I'm too lazy to click the botton at the top, so Subscription post.

I wasn't aware we vote for who's next... merely that we start whenever convenient for the GM... :p

Top Bottom