PolyCast Episode 170: "Never a Bad Diversion"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
But not necessarily a good influence. The one-hundred-and-seventieth episode of PolyCast, "Never a Bad Diversion", features regular co-hosts "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-hosts Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk and Troy Goodfellow with a runtime of 59m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m33s | News
An overview of the upcoming Civilization V expansion Brave New World as disclosed during the PAX East 2013 convention.
- 25m10s | Miscellaneous
What led to a certain civilization to not to be included in the game and what the reaction to that decision has been.
- 30m22s | Open Mic
Responding to a letter sent by electronic mail by a listener who "always seem to be king maker, instead of king".
- 39m27s | Forum Talk
Considering what it's like and how to respond to a sub-optimal starting position and how to expand wide in CivV.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Why to expect a disaster, and musing about one unit's legitimacy and another's speculation in the up-and-coming BNW expansion for Civilization V.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Do you guys discuss always about CivV? Or is there some other name to the CivIV show? TMIT likes CivIV, right? By the way, it must be a giant job to do this every week. I appreciate your job :goodjob:!

Do you guys discuss always about CivV? Or is there some other name to the CivIV show? TMIT likes CivIV, right?
First and foremost, all PolyCast regular panelists like Civilization IV. It was the almost exclusive focus of the show up-to-and-including CivV's release, and even for some time afterwards still dominated or substantially shared equal 'billing' with CivV. Based not only on up-and-coming CivV developments but listener feedback received at the end of last year, the proportion of its coverage over CivIV has continued to increase. That said, CivIV is still covered on the showw -- most recently Episode 168.

By the way, it must be a giant job to do this every week. I appreciate your job :goodjob:!
:king:; thank you for the kind words and support.

To confirm episodes are recorded every other week. That said, between that and the editing of the recordings -- as well as the planning in lead-up to the next -- I myself am working on the show week in and week out during most of the calendar year. Then there are PolyCast's sibling shows intermixed throughout too... :D

Out of curiosity, how long have you been listening to the show? Further to that, how did you find out about it in the first place?

Umm... Sorry Dan, actually I have listened the show only a few parts now. I don't play/have CivV so most of the time there is not much topics that I can understand what are you talking about :). I also listened the christmas special and it was really fun. It was hilarious when the girls talked about Boudica and Catherine. Awesome stuff. And I have another issue when listening the show: I'm not english. Well, my english skills are still good enough to post in these forums so why couldn't I listen the show? I will check the future polycasts for possible Civ IV topics. I will listen Polycast 168 and older parts too. Thanks.

Top Bottom