The American Revolution Mod

Gunny_highway

Chieftain
My question here is, is there a map for this mod? i have tried to play this several times and the only map i get is WBquicksave map with no cities and only one unit. Plus i have seen mention of a ww2 mod which i dont seem to have. I have tried reinstalling the game twice now and still have the same trouble. Please help if you can! Thanx

Gunny

Ok just went into Civ4 (not Warlords) and the only mod that loads a map is the greek world mod, if anyone has any info that can help please post i am at a complete loss on what to do!

Thanks Again!

Moderator Action: Moved to the Creation and Customization forum.

You should be able to load it by selecting Single Player -> Play a Scenario (because yes, there is a map for it). Is this how you're doing it? Welcome to CFC too! :beer:

Moderator Action: Moved to the Creation and Customization forum.

You should be able to load it by selecting Single Player -> Play a Scenario (because yes, there is a map for it). Is this how you're doing it? Welcome to CFC too! :beer:

That is how i have been trying to play it yes, but when i get in the menu play now and custom games are greyed out and cannot be selected and starting a scenario only gets me the above mentioned WBquicksave map with one unit and no cities.

i was looking thru older posts and finally found someone else with same problem but there wasnt a response, i had done a search before i posted but didnt find anything, sorry you had to move my post.

Thanks for the Welcome!

Did you load the American Revolution mod? Typically it's:
1) start civIV
2) advanced -> load a mod (select American Revolution)
3) <game restarts>
4) single player -> play a scenario

Another way is to find the file (PublicMaps\American Revolution.Civ4WorldBuilderSave) and double-click on it.

Yet another way, and probably the simplest, is to download one of the "mod chooser" utilities (eg Civilization IV Mod Chooser) and use that. Look in here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10

Of the three Mods that come with Civ4 Greek world is the only map i could find in that folder, along with the world type maps but no mod maps except for greek world, would someone be able to post the maps for desert war and American Revolution?

Also yes i know how to load the mods the maps just seem to be missing!

the map for American Revolution is not in the mod folder, nor in your save directory. It should be in C:\...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps. If its not then your copy of civ4 is messed up or has been altered.

Try the attachment, if that doesn't work then you'll have to;

Uninstall, Reinstall, then get most recent patch, and try again.

Shiggs

i looked in public maps folder but like i said only mod map in there is greek world. i got the rar file you post Shiggs Thanks very much for that!!! :)

I have Civ4 gold and i have reinstalled this game 4 times now, yes i made sure all folders where wiped and reg cleaned, but each and everytime those maps seem to not get installed, greek world plays fine and so do all the Warlords Mods its just been those two that i havent been able to play.

So anyways Thanks for the Files Shiggs! Hope i can repay you someday!
Going to go try them now so wish me luck! lol.

Gunny

You can also go to "Play a Scenario" with no mod loaded a select American Revolution there. Did you try that?

I did thanks! The problem was the maps arent being installed, but thanks to Shiggs i DL'd the rar file he posted and have now played both mods (american Rev/Desert War) and i have to say i am kinda let down by both mods, British troops in the Revolution mod seemed a tad over powered, and all allied troops in Desert War where way over powered. I wasnt expecting a perfect recreation but man both mods seemed to miss the mark by 50 miles! lol!

Anyways problem solved thnx to Shiggs! Thank you to all who tried helping, i am grateful you are great thanks again! :D

Gunny

No, Civ4 Complete is also missing these 2 maps although all the other expansion pack scenario maps are there.
Somebody must have omitted the files when putting together Civ4 vanilla with the expansion packs.

With this post I want to thank Shiggs713 for uploading the files.

I experienced the same problem as Gunny_Highway.

I bought Civ4 Complete in the Netherlands, patched it manually to 3.19 and than it was impossible to play Desert War and American Revolution. (It also was impossible before the patch) I reïnstalled the game and the patch, but still the same problem.

By copying the 2 files from Shiggs713 to the publicmaps map, the problem was solved! :woohoo:

Thanks Shiggs713! :bowdown:

Top Bottom