God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

Camikaze

Administrator
Administrator
Spoiler :

• Appears to be the Terracotta Army concept art. Confirmed by 2K unique URL alias.
Spoiler :

• Petra. Confirmed by 2K unique URL alias.
Spoiler :

• Great Mosque of Djenné, confirmed by 2K unique URL alias.
Spoiler :

• 'Espionage Overview'; activities are 'Establishing Surveillance, Counter-intelligence, Rigging Election.
  • 'Coup' button is available for Bucharest.
  • Flight tech unlocks two air units.
  • Cities in the background can be seen to have a cross symbol.
  • Antwerp in the background has a triangle icon and a blue bar under the city banner.
  • Looks like an espionage button in the top-right corner next to the social policy button.
  • Machine Gun icon in bottom left corner.
  • Icon up the top next to culture counter; could be 'faith' as described in the announcement.
Spoiler :

• 'Religion Overview'; bunch of religious symbols across the top. 'Christianity' selected and blacked out.
  • 'Founder Belief', 'Follower Belief', '2nd Founder Belief', 'Enhancer Belief', 'Bonus Belief'. '2nd Founder' and 'Enhancer' unlocked by 'enhancing religion'.
  • Byzantines apparently in the game, with the 'Bonus Belief' available to them. UA?
  • List of social policy like bonuses on the right-hand side.
  • Iron Working unlocks The Colossus.
  • Pictish Warrior unit, before Iron Working is discovered. Celt UU?

Religion Symbols:
  1. Buddhism
  2. Christianity
  3. Confucianism.
  4. Hinduism
  5. Islam
  6. Judaism
  7. Shintoism
  8. Sikhism.
  9. Taoism
  10. Mesoamerican religion?
  11. Zoroastrianism

Spoiler :

• Combustion unlocks some WWI-type tank.
  • Just under that you can see what looks like a spy icon under the city state city banner.
  • Infantry looks different.
  • Machine-gun units. They're ranged.
  • Notification indicates an election rigged, increasing influence, decreasing opponent influence.
Spoiler :

• William of the Dutch.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

What can you find in the pictures?

I'll try and compile the info in the OP. :)

Three wonders: Terracotta army, Petra and Great Mosque of Djenné?

Cut-paste from other thread:
Studying them closer, look at those techs being researched. Iron working will unlock 3 different units/buildings rather then just 2, but I can't make out what the 3rd could be.
It looks like swordman-heroic epic-colossus-iron resource.
Combustion will unlock destroyers and some type of tank that looks different from the current ones, but it's hard to tell if that's a UU replacing the tank or if it's an early tank with "proper" ones being moved further up the tree. That one kinda looks like a very early one, but hard to tell with such a small picture.
Yeah, it really looks like the British WW1-tank: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I_tank
------------------------
where do you see Byzantines in the religion screen? Or can you tell by the symbol?

where do you see Byzantines in the religion screen? Or can you tell by the symbol?

it says on the bottom "religious policy"(?). "Only available to Byzantines".

it seems flight enables two different fighters.

Lisbon as a city state, could suggest that one of the old city states is bumped up to a full civ.
Also saw Antwerp as a city state.

However it could also be that these two are just the new mercantile or religious ones.

Looks like the city-state influence bar has received a graphics overhaul, unless that's for one of the new mechanics.

Lisbon as a city state, could suggest that one of the old city states is bumped up to a full civ.
Also saw Antwerp as a city state.
Well that will rule out both Portugal and Belgium als new civs.

Also, this 'bonus belief available to the Byzantines only' suggests that this is the Byzantine UA?

Well that will rule out both Portugal and Belgium als new civs.

You didn't really expect Belgium as a new civ when there are only 9 open slots ^^?

Edit: Religion Symbols:
  1. Buddhism
  2. Christianity
  3. Update: Confucianism.
  4. Hinduism
  5. Islam
  6. Judaism
  7. Shintoism
  8. Update: Sikhism.
  9. Taoism
  10. Mesoamerican religion?
  11. Update: Zoroastrianism

What are the others?

On the screenshot with the religion screen you can see Dublin as a Celtic city. This would imply Dublin has been removed as a city. You can also just make out the lower half of a symbol next to the city name that doesn't match any of the religion symbols, it looks to me like a lightning bolt.

You didn't really expect Belgium as a new civ when there are only 9 open slots ^^?

I had a feeling that that belgium wasn't a new civ it was a part of Netherlands when it was at it full power. When willem was at power and thats the leader that they are going to chose for netherlands I thinx.

So it would be kinda wierd if they add belgium with it .

However I hope that they some day add it and use this in the description:
Many important battles have been fought in you're countries like the battle of waterlo, battles of world war 1, and so on

Its true Belgium is a country where a lot of important battles have been taken place in Europe

I just hoped that the belgium wonder atomium was in the game :(

3rd religion is Confucianism.
8th religion is Sikhism.
11th religion is Zoroastrianism.

10th has me stumped. Looks like mesoamerican.

The cross next to most city names is identical to the Christianity symbol in the religion overview, I guess it makes the city Christian.
Orleans has one of the other religious symbols

Rigged elections seem to be a city state thing, and Brussels is mentioned in that. So I'd say that definitely rules out Belgium as a civ.

Moderator Action: Moved to the new forum.

I won't have time to update the OP tonight this morning, but will attempt to tomorrow. :)

Top Bottom