R.E.D. modpack

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Regiment and Ethnic Diversity for Civilization V

Description

- Rescaling : all human and mounted units have been scaled down, no more giant infantry against tank ! Of course, the relative scale is nothing close to realism, but it looks way better IMO. The sea and air units are respectivly better proportionned.
- Formation : most units are now multiple figure, and the number of figures is raised in all human and mounted units. Existing formations have been reworked to reflect the change in scale, and new (14) formations have been added.
- Diversity : hundreds of new unit models for diversity, no gameplay change. See newunits.xls or version history for details

The mod is a constant Work In Progress, the goal is to have ethnic units for each civilizations, but to keep the civ style and prevent any gameplay change..

installation :

- Important : delete previous version of the mod, else the VFS may cause bugs. Savegame compatibility is not assured, you should always finish your current game before updating.

- download the civ5mod file to your mod folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS).
- launch civ5, go to the mod browser and click "install mod"
- find the "R.E.D. Modpack" line and activate the mod.
- from the mod section, go to single player and set up a game

fix for fighter propeller and archer arrows position (optional) :
- copy the civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml file from "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. modpack\copy to Assets\" folder to the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\" folder

Add-on

The R.E.D. HotFix change the skins of the Roman and Japanese archers for those of you having an invisibility problem.

R.E.D. Xtreme is an Extreme Small Scale for R.E.D. Modpack, with more and smaller models per unit and adapted formations. This one MUST be installed AFTER the R.E.D. Modpack, else the formation won't be shown correctly. And if you update the R.E.D Modpack, you'll have to remove and reinstall this component.

see also Nutty's mods for Ethnic Diversity without change in scale and the Single Unit Graphic mod (W.I.P.)

Development

The complete mod's project is available on GitHub:
https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-RED-Modpack

Credits & thanks

danrell, bernie14, JTitan, Patum33, snafusmith, Wolfdog, asioasioasio, Coffee Junkie, nautil, Nuvoloblu, Oleg153, Rabbit White, Splinter13, Generalmatt and all other unit makers for the models and conversion
RTW unit makers that have allowed conversion of their models to civ5
seZereth and Porges who've done the initial regiment mod for civ4
Pazyryk for SQL corrections
all the great peoples at Civfanatics for their tools, tutorials and help
Firaxis

Note: You're free to use any part of R.E.D. in your mods, just remember to give credit.

Attachments

• fleet1.jpg
    fleet1.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 74,115
  • R.E.D. HotFix (v 3).civ5mod
    1.1 KB · Views: 14,892
  • Unit Tester (v 1).civ5mod
    1.8 KB · Views: 3,711
yes, they are huge, but he's right they're not so big compared to the other modern ships. I'll scale theim down a little in future release.

and for the attack submarine, as it is based on a u-boot, I may use a multifigure unit to reflect the "wolfpack" on merchant convoy during WWII.

Very cool. I'll second the Wolf Pack thing too.

Nice but I wish there was more animation's towards the classical and medieval units, we know that some of the ships was used for ram, instead of archery and trying to take over ships. If possible, see if you can make Tribreme, Gallaries has a melee and ranged weapon if you could or give them a mode to change from range to melee, then add in some new animation's to make it look more like a ship battle.

I've managed to get the formation files, working on it now.

My first impression is that it's much simpler than civ4 version, but it does not allow the same level of detail in figure placement.

Anyway, a little teaser ;)

Attachments

• Phalanx_Cumeus.jpg
    Phalanx_Cumeus.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 20,061
Does this mod add unit stacking at all?

is there anyway to quickly test this out? like in your screenshot with the naval units, how can i just plop down units to check em out? :)

is there anyway to quickly test this out? like in your screenshot with the naval units, how can i just plop down units to check em out? :)

you need to activate the debug mode in config.ini then open the debug console ingame with ~ or ctrl-ù

the mod is now uploaded and can be found in the graphic/units section of the modbrowser :)

Have you played into later into the game yet? Does having additional models affect game speed. It's slow enough as it is on my computer.

Top Bottom