New Cumulative history Quiz VII

civ editor11

Ruler
Procedures :-
1) A asks a question, the rest will try to answer.
2) A must confirm which answer is correct.
3) Person (say B) with confirmed correct answer then asks the next question.
4) A cannot play again until B's turn is over (to prevent the thread turning into a 2 person spam party).
5) Repeat.
6) If person asking question doesn't login to confirm answers within 72 hrs of his question being posted, any one can ask a new question.
7) If no one can answer question within 72 hrs or can't get the right one, questioner can ask again.
8) NO Net book, or other resource searches.
9) If answer has been confirmed and the new questioner hasn't set a question in 72 hours, anyone can ask the new question.

First thread
Second thread
Third thread
Fourth thread
Fifth Thread
Sixth Thread

Well, I'll shoot.
Which European ruler used a crown fashioned to the likeness of a goat's head?

Civking, not "preferably" no Net or book searches, none at all :)

Yes its editor not king

My apologies. The late hour is affecting my literary skills :p

Oooo! I have another question :D

For some reason, I'm thinking Austria did that at the end of World War I to keep the Italians from capturing it.

My first thought was WWII in the south Pacific. I know that few capital ships were sunk directly by enemy action, most were scuttled afterward (usually by torpedo fire).

I think I have very vague image of it being USA in the pacific to block some strait. However it seems very unlikely, since Americans would then surely know this.

The French to stop the Germans getting it? Although I seem to remember that we did that.
The RN bombed and shelled a number of French shis (Mers-el-Kebir [sp?]), the French also scuttle a large part of the fleet on their own (Toulon), but that was done by the crews themselves.

Was it a flagship at the time of the sinking (i.e. it wasn't an old ship sunk in training)?

Top Bottom