College Football In Season Thread

downtown

Crafternoon Delight
Kickoff starts this Thursday I think! ARE YOU READY?

Who is good? Who stinks? Who is interesting? What conference is going to reconfigure next week?

Grab the brews, strike up the band AND DOT THE I CAUSE IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!:king:

Texas could win the Big 12 this year, but my energy is still sapped from the disintegration that didn't happen.

:mad:

I hate to say it, but I don't think anyone will beat Alabama either this year. They have no equal in the SEC at the moment, and I do not think they will be as succeptible to upsets as they were towards the end of last season (very close games against Tennessee and Auburn). And, until it actually gets accomplished, I don't think whatever team the SEC champ faces in a national championship game will win.

Texas could win the Big 12 this year, but my energy is still sapped from the disintegration that didn't happen.

:mad:
Eh, it could happen in another three years. Bigger question, WHAT IS YOUR CONFERENCE CALLED NEXT SEASON? Texas and friends?

I'll start:O-H!

I-O!

I hate to say it, but I don't think anyone will beat Alabama either this year. They have no equal in the SEC at the moment, and I do not think they will be as succeptible to upsets as they were towards the end of last season (very close games against Tennessee and Auburn). And, until it actually gets accomplished, I don't think whatever team the SEC champ faces in a national championship game will win.
Alabama's star running back is injured and they replace most of their defense. Their appearance in the national title game is hardly booked. I think they drop an SEC game this season.

Texas is bringing back alot of defensive talent, and our QB being raw is no detriment. We almost won it with McCoy his freshman year (probably should have). But I really can't be asked to care too much, just as long as OU doesn't do too good.

wake me when the cupcake games are over

say, December or so

I don't expect much out of the PAC-10 again; Big12 teams seem to be mostly rebuilding and the conference is collapsing. I could see a strong SEC team like Alabama going pretty far and a solid run at the NC in the Big10 or ACC or so.

I'd look forward to another pickem thread...don't want to step on anyone's toes who usually hosts them though, just hoping that goes ahead.

BYU just decided to split the MWC and go FULL INDIE in football.

WHY? YOU ARE DUMB.

Pac 10 is expected to be terrible this year...so I'm only meh about college football this year :(

Is RF going to be doing a pick'em?

Is RF going to be doing a pick'em?

I can if people are interested. I've just been pretty busy recently.

Edit: Set up a pick'em thread with today's Utah-Pitt game as a bonus.

I used to be self-conscious about where I got my degree

Since almost everyone in TFA had an Ivy-League pedigree

And when I’d tell ‘em “The Ohio State” they’d roll their eyes and snort,

“Your school is like 50 spots below ours in US News Report!”

They all might have gone to Europe, and dined with high society,

While I rode a COTA bus downtown that kinda smelled like pee.

But once September rolls around, I find myself in luck,

Because now it's football season, and quite frankly, you all suck.

So Harvard, Amherst and Williams, you guys can go to hell

And join Georgetown, Duke, Yale, Holy Cross, Wesleyan and Bucknell.

Sure, you’ve been leading academic institutions since before the days of Prohibition,

But I don’t see you kicking ass now on ESPN, in sparkling High Definition.

Stanford might be one of the most prestigious schools in the land,

But they couldn’t beat OSU this year, even if we let them use their band.

And BYU? I’ve never seen a bigger bunch of fail,

They couldn’t handle the MWC, so they had to grab two root beers and bail.

We beat Rice by over 70, and we’d beat Tulane by more,

And if Vandy came to Columbus, we wouldn’t even want to guess the score.

I don’t care about your ranking, or whose name is on your dorm hall

Our BCS ranking is the only statistic I care about this fall.

My Buckeye friends, if you’re in town, go see the game for me,

Grill outside, play some cornhole, maybe have a beverage or three,

Strike up the band, dot the I, and scream LETS GO BUCKS,

It’s 10:35 AM on September 2nd, and Michigan Still Sucks.

I used to be self-conscious about where I got my degree

Since almost everyone in TFA had an Ivy-League pedigree

And when I’d tell ‘em “The Ohio State” they’d roll their eyes and snort,

“Your school is like 50 spots below ours in US News Report!”

Wait, they spent $50k a year going to an Ivy League school so that they could make $30k as a teacher, rolls eyes and snorts!

Stanford might be one of the most prestigious schools in the land,

But they couldn’t beat OSU this year, even if we let them use their band.
I loled

Wait, they spent $50k a year going to an Ivy League school so that they could make $30k as a teacher, rolls eyes and snorts!

Well, to be honest, its spend 50K on tuition, make 40K as a teacher, then bail and go to law school.

BTW, Pryor looked great tonight!!

Kraz is going nuts over the USC-Hawaii game

it's pretty funny

Top Bottom