TORONTO: Today is the day... (EBG said)

CivAlby

Chieftain
Today is suppose to be the day when EB games will get their copies for the 'regular' edition. (ones non-preorder folks like me can buy).

Please use this thread to update the status of various video game retailers in GTA on the availability of Civ4.

Let's start the countdown!

Update: I just called EBG in eaton center 10:30 EST and they said they won't receive the regular copies today. They only have the collector's edition for the preorder only folks.

T_T

CivAlby said:
Update: I just called EBG in eaton center 10:30 EST and they said they won't receive the regular copies today. They only have the collector's edition for the preorder only folks.

T_T

Eaton Center can suck balls.
I'll be checking with EB games uptown, dufferin mall and gamerama. If none of these get them.... maybe I'll call yorkdale and sherway gardens or or what's left that's ttc accessible

Dr_Laxative said:
Eaton Center can suck balls.
I'll be checking with EB games uptown, dufferin mall and gamerama. If none of these get them.... maybe I'll call yorkdale and sherway gardens or or what's left that's ttc accessible

Yorkdale just said the same thing. The guy also said that they won't get the regular copies until end of this week or early next week....

EBG sucks big time...

Futureshop said it won't come in until tomorrow...

Why do law-abiding money paying customers has to be screwed like this when cracked civilization IV is available on the first day (yesterday) it came out...

Compusmart said the shipment got pushed back to tomorrow as well...

Non-preorder fans here in toronto are all pretty much screwed I guess...

What else do we got?
Future Shop....no go
Compusmart...no go
Best buy....I haven't checked...
Gameshack...I called yesterday and they said today....
Gamerama...should be calling me when it's in.

what other stores do we have to check?

I've checked several places this morning in Toronto - Futureshop, Bestbuy, EBgames, Gameshack - they all told me today, but this morning they told me tomorrow. GRRRRRRRR.:mad: And here we are looking at posts from people from Germany and Switzerland going "ich find it! ich find it!" RARr

I wonder why our shipment is delayed....

Maybe the truck driver hit a moose on his way to Toronto...

Just saw the review of gamespot on civ 4 (9.4)... DAMN I WANT THE GAME!

perhaps its a good idea if everyone who bought a copy in the greater toronto area mentioned which store/name, location they got it at? To help others find the few stores that did get them and which day? Waddaya think? :goodjob:

Romulus said:
perhaps its a good idea if everyone who bought a copy in the greater toronto area mentioned which store/name, location they got it at? To help others find the few stores that did get them and which day? Waddaya think? :goodjob:

Perhaps you should look at the first post :p that's why the thread was open...but it seems no one who didn't pre-order has gotten it.

I wonder why our shipment is delayed....

In another post someone suggested it might have something to do with the French Canadian manuals accidentally being shipped to the U.S. I think this might have something to do with it, apparently the shippers buggered this one.

perhaps its a good idea if everyone who bought a copy in the greater toronto area mentioned which store/name, location they got it at? To help others find the few stores that did get them and which day? Waddaya think?

Of course. :) We've gotta help each other out. This is a difficult time for Toronto civers :p

I wonder if our shipment got hijacked by those desperate montreal players... *grins*

I say we should all continuously call EB games and demande to know who their supplier is and then gather all together and get our own copies from them..........by force of course.

FullyCompletely said:
In another post someone suggested it might have something to do with the French Canadian manuals accidentally being shipped to the U.S. I think this might have something to do with it, apparently the shippers buggered this one.

Of course. :) We've gotta help each other out. This is a difficult time for Toronto civers :p

HOLD ME! :cry: The horror, the horror....ohhh, the humanity!!

hehe, reading all this activity I think I'll wait til the weekend to "get lucky" at my local best buy...I really hate the jerk working at the eb in my area anyways. :D

I called EBgames again 2 minutes ago - he said that no where has it, and that there's some issue with distribution, and that he's hoping that by some fluke some copies will come in a shipment today, but more likely tomorrow.

oi vei! well...like I said, I'll be keeping my pants on til the weekend!

It was bad enough with the whole pre-order mixup!

Now, I'll just wander into the store one day and there it will be on the shelve, 3 units thick, with NO ONE buying any...hehe, you just know, THEN it'll be in stock!

Atleast they spent time explaining the situation to you. Most got annoyed by all the 'Civ IV' phone calls that they only spend 2 seconds to say 'It will come tomorrow' before they hang up.

Top Bottom