B-52 Stratofortress (I'm Back)

snafusmith

Unit Maker
All-

This is my way of saying, "I'M BACK!" I created a lot of units and new graphics on top of my work on Blood and Iron over the last 6 months+ in the sandbox. The following is just the first in a set of releases. Over the next week or so you can expect to see AT LEAST the following:

-WW1 Naval Pack 1
-WW1 Aircraft Pack 4
-WW2 Vehicles Pack 1
-WW1 Aircraft Pack 5
-WW1 Vehicles Pack 2
-WW1 Artillery Pack 1

Though most of those are units for Blood and Iron, I have a lot of other miscellaneous units that I will post stand-alone, like the B-52. All in all, I have about 40 brand new units coming out soon. Fun, right?

So here we go:

The Boeing B-52 Stratofortress is a long-range, subsonic, jet-powered, strategic bomber operated by the United States Air Force (USAF) since 1955.

-Wikipedia

The B52 uses the standard stealth bomber animations, please point there in your XML. The skin was modified from one on the CombatAce forums.

Note: This is not a re-make of my old B-52, but a completely new unit.

Polycount ~960 (down from 2200).

DOWNLOAD HERE

ENJOY!

-Smitty

This is my way of saying, "I'M BACK!" I created a lot of units and new graphics on top of my work on Blood and Iron over the last 6 months+ in the sandbox. The following is just the first in a set of releases. Over the next week or so you can expect to see AT LEAST the following:

-WW1 Naval Pack 1
-WW1 Aircraft Pack 4
-WW2 Vehicles Pack 1
-WW1 Aircraft Pack 5
-WW1 Vehicles Pack 2
-WW1 Artillery Pack 1

Great news! Thanks and welcome back Snafusmith :)

IYYYEAAHH!!! :woohoo::rockon::dance::band:
Agent Smith is BACK!
Bunches of cool units are coming!! :drool::bounce:
We were missing you :cry:

I bet you did that with first hand experience. :p
Welcome back by the way, I am still puttering around, but the forum messing up makes it tough to be around much...

:woohoo::woohoo::beer::beer: Awsome, it's good to see you again :) Welcome home :) :beer::beer:
And for unit - great redo of your one of the oldest units. Beautiful :)

EDIT

40 units? :xmascheers: Santa Claus comes with a lot of gifts this winter :xmas:

I was waiting for your return :)
awesome to have you back.
great to hear you are fine.

The B-52 is a significant weapons system to include in the game. (I often felt that the Stealth Bomber should be a unique unit for the U.S. though. It is certainly a very unique unit not matched in any significant number at present by any other nation.) One of the troubling things is that most nations do not have/have not developed a jet strategic bomber. So, I guess we have to use a little "logical extrapolation' when matching nations to specific types of bombers.

Nice to see you posting some great stuff again. I have been away from CivIV stuff myself for awhile, but I'd like to get back to doing some of those "modern" units I mentioned to you a few weeks ago.

I never thanked you for being so free with your creations. Experimenting with a few of your units helped me to figure out how to actually make some originals of my own. I hope we can all have fun sharing at our forum for some time to come! Thank you SnafuSmith!

welcome back belatedly snafu :)

Excellent unit :) I'll be adding it to my mod's next version as a long range bomber unit since people "complained" that my Bomber-> A10 Thunderbolt upgrade path was not the most logical choice historically. :D I'll probably use some of other your new WW1-WW2 unit creations in my mod once I get some research done about those unit types...

Top Bottom