Welcome new members!

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Hello new members!
As I remember that a thread like this helped me a lot when I stepped into the civ 3 mtdg, I've decided to start one up here. If you've got any questions, you can ask them here, and the rest of the team will try to help you get involved in the team.

And I'd like to welcome our first new member Ball Lightning

Which four threads would you recommend reading to get a feel for the game, the team, and other stuff.

New to fanatic and posting so I hope I am doing this right. I had IV for a while and finally did and update to 1.74.000. However the download did not complete and now I cannot find and get rid of it to revert to original version. Does anyone know where the download goes so I can remove it? I tried the windows search tool and cannot find it. I try to remove the entire game using add/remove program but I get the following error statement:

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80041f42
Error Information:
*C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\12\00\Intel32\iKernel.dll
>inc\CoCreate.cpp (44)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1390)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 8.0.6001.18702

What does this mean and what can I do?

Hi, I'm new to Fanatics and new the Civ IV...played Civ II years ago and pretty much mastered it at the highest levels. Civ IV is so much more advanced and I will have to get ued to it...I am hopeful.

Here's my question, I noticed there is an Inflation cost when I look at the Finacial Advisor...it was pretty high. Is there a way to control or eliminate it.

Also, noticed on the Current Score List some icon next to each civ...what are they and what do they mean.game score box.

If anyone help I'd be greatful.

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and to Civ 5, at the age of 73 my wife fails to understand why I play the game but I learned long ago not to try to expalin to the ladies such matters. Anyway, take care all.

Gendor

DOB 12-3-1938 I know I do not believe either but it does not change it.!:(

Hi..everybody
I'm from Brasil and i'm playing civ V since dec/2010...i used to play civ IV
I've learned many things that helped me to play CIV
Thanks for all you guys (sorry for my english)

HI guys im from the US and have played civ III to civ V and really love the series, but i reall got into it at IV.

I started with civ 1 after I finished working on graphics for sim-city DOS [pixel by dreary pixel...LOL]
Never posted here, but have played many of the mods over the years...great group

New to fanatic and loving civ rev.Civ rev was the first sim-like game I've played for xbox 360 (never played on PC) and I loved how the demo so I trying to find some more civs.

Hello. New to the site but, have been here many times. Have never gotten a mod to work but, will not quit.

Thanks for sayin hello guys.. anyone know where to satart with these civilization games?

New member, said to say Hello-Hello! pretty neat site for "Civfanatics". Started playing Civ3 about 5-6 years ago, was not able to do space launch? Getting all kinds of info about it, like multitools? I am not sure if I am in the posting's or not, but I catch on quickly. Added Dutch fire to contacts - said could help me with questions. Started with question on the end date, always ends at 2050 just when I am in mid stride. Would like to get comfortable on finding and posting things correctly as to enjoy the game and community proper like..Thank you Condor23..how do you get one of those cool guy icons (rookie)
stride

Hello..New to this site nice to know there is a site for civilization fans like my self. I have loved playing the civilization games since I first got civilization2 for my old play station back in the day.

Hi i'm a somewhat new civ 5 player but i played the civ revolution for the 360. On multiplayer for civ5 I am the player Blitzmaster99.

New to fanatic and posting so I hope I am doing this right. I had IV for a while and finally did and update to 1.74.000. However the download did not complete and now I cannot find and get rid of it to revert to original version. Does anyone know where the download goes so I can remove it? I tried the windows search tool and cannot find it. I try to remove the entire game using add/remove program but I get the following error statement:

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80041f42
Error Information:
*C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\12\00\Intel32\iKernel.dll
>inc\CoCreate.cpp (44)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1390)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 8.0.6001.18702

What does this mean and what can I do?
I need an answer to this as well. Does anyone monitor this forum or has it been abandoned since V came out? I want to get back into IV, but can't seem to uninstall my current game to reinstall (losing my game in progress, too). Getting a little fed up with this game. Warlords is not working either.

Top Bottom