Green Line across center of SCreen

Alkara

Chieftain
I just got a new computer and while I try to play Civ IV I'm having a green line from the very beginning appear and in the game it just wont go away anywhere. I have 2 Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX 256 meg cards in SLI mode. Does anyone know what it could be?

Bleh doesnt anyone know? Someone said it might be my SLI trying to render top and bottom screens? But I dont know how to disable SLI.. so annoying.

Howdy!

Green lines = nice rig!

Seriously, it is all to do with your SLI set up on your cards and means you have "show GPU load balancing" ticked in the properties.

To switch it off, right click on desktop, go to properties, go to the settings tab. Then click advanced and go to the Geforce XXXX tab. In here go to SLI multi-GPU and it is the second option. Untick it and your green lines will dissapear :)

I had same problem for my new Alienware Rig ;)

P.S this won't disable SLI as you want to keep it on as better performance (so make sure the "Enable SLI multi-GPU" is kept ticked!)

Beardface2 said:
Howdy!

Green lines = nice rig!

Seriously, it is all to do with your SLI set up on your cards and means you have "show GPU load balancing" ticked in the properties.

To switch it off, right click on desktop, go to properties, go to the settings tab. Then click advanced and go to the Geforce XXXX tab. In here go to SLI multi-GPU and it is the second option. Untick it and your green lines will dissapear :)

I had same problem for my new Alienware Rig ;)

P.S this won't disable SLI as you want to keep it on as better performance (so make sure the "Enable SLI multi-GPU" is kept ticked!)

Um.. I love you :blush: That fixed the problem up. This whole new technology has me starstruck. I went from a 1.2 amd athlon with 512 megs to a Amd X2 64 4.8 with 2 gigs of memory. From a Geforce FX 5700 Ultra, to Two Geforce 7800 GTX 256meg cards in SLI. So you can understand my stupidity. Thank you so much for helping me, I appreciate it.

Top Bottom