The Ancient Mediterranean Info

thamis

King of Kish
>> Download the latest version

Installation Instructions
Delete "The Ancient Mediterranean" folder in your CIV4\Mods folder if you have installed TAM before! This ensures that your XMLs are up to date if we split old files into several new ones. Then double-click the installer and extract it into your main CIV4 folder. This will not overwrite any original CIV files.

The map is in the PublicMaps folder. Best way to launch the mod is to simply double-click the map file!

Features
- All ancient civilizations
- All ancient technology tree (completely new tree)
- All ancient units (many new units)
- Heroes
- Several maps, more coming
- Smithies equip units with better weapons
- More dynamic religion spread
- Reworked AI behaviour

Playable Civilizations:
- Babylon (Hammurabi)
- Gaul (Vercingetorix)
- Mycenae (Agamemnon)
- Rome (Caesar)
- Scythia (Partatua)
- Egypt (Hatshepsut)
- Iberian Tribes (Viriato)
- Germanic Tribes (Arminius)
- Carthage (Dido)
- Lydia (Kroisos)
- Phoenicia (Hiram)
- Getae (Decebalus)
- Kolchis (Aeetes)
- Illyria (Teuta)
- Persia (Dareios)
- Medes (Deiokes)
- Britons (Cunobelin)
- Goths (Theoderich) (not on any of the maps)
- Nubia (Taharqa)
- Tartessia (Argantonio)

The Team
Thamis (Chief Evangelist, German Text)
Shqype (Chief Coder, Pythonist)
Laurino (Iconographer, French Text)
Seven05 (SDK God)
Ingvina Freyr (Research, Pedia, Graphics)
Notarzt (Chief Skinner)
Karhgath (Treemaker)
Onedreamer (Tester, Italian Text)
Leptomeninges (Copywriter)
Spirit_Viriato (Spanish Text)

Great to see another great mod gets its due!

haha, I like Irish people.

damn it, why is there no goths in any of the maps! Gothic hating people:mad: . oh well, at least i continue to play as the Germanic Empire. I do hate these freakin crashes and bright Terrain bugs that i continue to get on Civ 4... When will Firaxis ever going to fix them things on there engine!

darkedone02 said:
damn it, why is there no goths in any of the maps! Gothic hating people:mad: . oh well, at least i continue to play as the Germanic Empire. I do hate these freakin crashes and bright Terrain bugs that i continue to get on Civ 4... When will Firaxis ever going to fix them things on there engine!

I personally think the Goths are more suiting for a Fall of Rome scenario, but I think they will be added when the 18 civ limit is removed.

AndreasS said:
I personally think the Goths are more suiting for a Fall of Rome scenario, but I think they will be added when the 18 civ limit is removed.
hmm... will there be a 24 limit with warlords? or none at all? hopefully the latter.

Dionysius said:
hmm... will there be a 24 limit with warlords? or none at all? hopefully the latter.

Well, I'm not sure if it will be removed completely, but I think I heard that you at least will be able to play 24 Civs at once. This must be done to be able to play all the 24 vanilla civs after Warlords on one map.

I never play huge maps now, because I think that 18 civs is to little to fill those maps. I guess 24 + will be awesome for the huge sized maps!

Is it reasonable to assume that this latest version of TAM is essentially complete with little but a few bugs to work out?

Just posting so that I can get notices when the forum is updated. P.S. just got warlords and can't wait for a TAM compatable mod.

AndreasS said:
Well, I'm not sure if it will be removed completely, but I think I heard that you at least will be able to play 24 Civs at once. This must be done to be able to play all the 24 vanilla civs after Warlords on one map.

I never play huge maps now, because I think that 18 civs is to little to fill those maps. I guess 24 + will be awesome for the huge sized maps!
wahhh...
customgame on warlords; only 18 civ can be put in :(

is there no way this can be modded?

thamis said:
Either Dale or Rhye have modded warlords to allow for 32 civs. :D

We'll finish up the normal CIV4 version first and then move on to warlords. Finishing up means that we'll fix up graphics and text, and do some more gameplay balance tweaks.
wow. excellent! i can do a 32 counties of ireland scenario now...
either dale or rhye, i salute you! :salute:

What civs are going to be added since the cap has been removed?

I downloaded the scenario and extracted to my civ 4 file as instucted. I'm running version 1.6.1.1841 and I cant seem to get the scenario to work. I get numerous errors as the mod is loading. I manage to get as far as the civ selection screen but after there is a critical error and civ shuts down. Am I running the wrong version of civ? Is it supposed to be for warlords? Any advice?

Actually I think it may be a problem with civ itself. I'm reistalling. If it doesnt work ill let you know. I did install it correctly though.

Top Bottom