G.D.R civilopedia

Civilopedia sure is sillier than I remember, but hopefully it's only for this one entry (maybe a couple others if there are other joke units/whatever). I rely on Civilopedia to teach me things (who the **** are the Songhai, for example) so it's nice when it has accurate information in a professional tone.

Have any other pages leaked?

Adorable!
But I assume this kind of humor only applies to the GDR... GDR is silly just based on it's name.

Nice! By strange coincidence Transformers just finished on on ITV - the civilopedia pic looks just like the yellow "good" one whatever its name was.

Incidentally I hope the "strategy" item in the civilopedia is improved in Civ 5, to actually suggest some strategy using each unit. But it looks from that entry that it'll be like Civ 4 where it merely repeats the stats section. Stats: "Unit gets a bonus against mounted". Strategy: "Unit is strong in combat against mounted". Yeah thanks for that :rolleyes:

Civilopedia sure is sillier than I remember, but hopefully it's only for this one entry (maybe a couple others if there are other joke units/whatever). I rely on Civilopedia to teach me things (who the **** are the Songhai, for example) so it's nice when it has accurate information in a professional tone.

Have any other pages leaked?

The Songhai originated in the ***** region of northwest *******, eventually ending up in Western *****. The Kingdom was first being mentioned around the ***** century, along with *****. ***** *** was the great expander of the Songhai, extending them into Eastern ****. During the reign of Askia, the empire further expanded, but an attack by the ********* equiped with ********, led to it's decline.

Around the year **** they converted to *****, having met ******* from the North, but prior to this (and perhaps most intriguingly of all), they had worshipped a monstrous **** until a stranger from ***** came and killed **.

Hope this helps;)

2K Greg said somewhere that the G.D.R's civilopedia entry is more comical because it doesn't actually exist (OR DOES IT). The other entry's will be more serious.

I could live with "comical" if it was even remotely funny. Imagine, in a rather serious movie, one of the actors suddenly looking into the camera and telling a silly "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke. That's about how "funny" the "comical" GDR civilopedia text is.

The name and the pedia entry are both unfunny and will get old real fast ( like a month ago). I don't mind the actual unit....

I meant the actual civolopedia page/format and I just found this with Google images.

Oh, I see. We've actually seen this before though, one of the other posters who had access to the game (Azezell?) put it up before. I have it in my Civ V screenshot folder. ;)

I could live with "comical" if it was even remotely funny. Imagine, in a rather serious movie, one of the actors suddenly looking into the camera and telling a silly "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke. That's about how "funny" the "comical" GDR civilopedia text is.

I guess next time, they should hire professional comedy writers to pull off some immensely deep, thought provoking, multi-layered and intelligent joke, that not only you, but every one of the billions of people on this planet would not only find funny, but would be so hilarious that you cannot stand up due to laughter every time you read it. The replay value should also be done in such a way that it never ever declines in humor and is consistently funny every single time it comes to your mind, is said out loud or is told to you.

But this time, they just did the obvious joke that gives a small smile to the majority of people who take the time to read this unnecessary piece of text in the game files that has no impact on the game whatsoever...

Shame. Good thing we will only ever read this entry once or we would be in HUGE trouble with this insanely unfunny entry. Well maybe next time they will get it right!

The other civilopedia entries are much more down to Earth. I don't mind that they made this one humorous.

As for the unit itself, I don't think we'll see people spamming these things as it requires a uranium and therefore will be limited AND to build it you must choose between this or an atom bomb.

I am really glad that there's a heavy stalemate breaker unit in the late game. Endless modern armor battles decided exclusively by numbers and who has air superiority can get a bit stale.

If this is supposed "comedy" then it might be "cooler" to play without it?....or they could rename it "joker?" (and make it green?)....and have it hop like a bunny and cluck like a chicken....etc., etc., etc.(and don't forget the rain cloud of doom.)

Top Bottom