Gulf War Mod

dacubz145

Deity
Stolenrays and I have decided to create a mod focussing on the Gulf War together, the name of it and most details arent sorted out yet.
Im starting up a thread that way we can both start putting up units etc that we want in the mod so we dont loose them
If anyone has any opinions or wants to help just comment

Spreadsheet of our units

Hey stolenrays, since the US soldier you sent me wasnt set up and we would have to do the camo ourselfes, why not just use this. It looks pretty good im not sure its what you exactly want, plus has the AK on it still

Attachments

• Desert_Marine.rar
    213.2 KB · Views: 109
THe marine looks fine. If we have time we can reskin it using the sample camo. I'm sure we can find a unit with an m16 to nifswap (copy/paste) somewhere though.

Almost all of the units we will need are in my IIW/Invasion of Kuwait Mod (new Iraqi units coming in my IIW update). Maybe we could check if we need to create any other american units. I really don't think we need to besides the desert camo I mentioned earlier because they are prob in the database already.

If you want to decide which units we need for which type that is fine by me (Saudi MG, US Marine, etc.) I have new arab versions of all units.

BTW do you skin leaderheads or do nifwaps? We might need a George H.W. Bush.

Things to do:
-Money events for Japan and Germany
-Range bombard attdded to dcm units
-Make a map (Cities, Routes, Terrain, Civs)
-Make Civs in xml
-2D leaderheads for civs
-named formations
-Starting buildings placed
-Starting workers
-Starting Improvements
-Starting Units placed
-Permanant Alliance for Coalition

Country Troop Map amount
Afghanistan 1
Argentina 1
Bahrain 3
Bangladesh 3
Canada 1
Egypt 8
France 5
Hungary 1
Kuwait 5
Morocco 3
Niger 1
Pakistan 7
Republic of Korea 1
Saudi Arabia 15
Senegal 1
Syria 1
GB 15
US 30
Iraq 30

SVN LINK

THe marine looks fine. If we have time we can reskin it using the sample camo. I'm sure we can find a unit with an m16 to nifswap (copy/paste) somewhere though.

Almost all of the units we will need are in my IIW/Invasion of Kuwait Mod (new Iraqi units coming in my IIW update). Maybe we could check if we need to create any other american units. I really don't think we need to besides the desert camo I mentioned earlier because they are prob in the database already.

If you want to decide which units we need for which type that is fine by me (Saudi MG, US Marine, etc.) I have new arab versions of all units.

BTW do you skin leaderheads or do nifwaps? We might need a George H.W. Bush.

Not the best at skinning them, i can try, cant really do nifswaps, anyway heres something im sure youd like to see, it was never realeased, ik snafusmith made it, but he never released it because he didnt like it, so im not sure where i got it from but its the amx 30, the tank the french used in the war, it could probably use a better skin, which i can do

Attachments

• amx30.rar
    71.2 KB · Views: 85
Well the coalition consisted of Syrian, Egyptian, Saudi, Kuwaiti, U.S., British, and French Forces. THe French sent the least amount of troops, but the Saudis used the AMX30 as well so the vehicle is a good choice along with maybe the humvee, m113 or kuwait, and the Britich FV70. Maybe if there were many different mech inf vehicles used and they were all of different quality we could make an upgrade progression to work them all in. If not then I'd say pick your fav or the one used most?

BTW I have no screenshots yet, but I have just created brand new Kuwaiti, Syrian, an Iraqi skinned units (all infantry types) for use in this mod as well. I also found an M16 to easily paste into the desert marine.

Maybe in the first post you could make a list of what we're adding to the MOD? Such as Units and underneath it spoiler quotes for the units we've decided to use. That would be a good reference for us.

Well the coalition consisted of Syrian, Egyptian, Saudi, Kuwaiti, U.S., British, and French Forces. THe French sent the least amount of troops, but the Saudis used the AMX30 as well so the vehicle is a good choice along with maybe the humvee, m113 or kuwait, and the Britich FV70. Maybe if there were many different mech inf vehicles used and they were all of different quality we could make an upgrade progression to work them all in. If not then I'd say pick your fav or the one used most?

BTW I have no screenshots yet, but I have just created brand new Kuwaiti, Syrian, an Iraqi skinned units (all infantry types) for use in this mod as well. I also found an M16 to easily paste into the desert marine.

Maybe in the first post you could make a list of what we're adding to the MOD? Such as Units and underneath it spoiler quotes for the units we've decided to use. That would be a good reference for us.

Sounds good, i am a bit confused how we are putting europe in this. Are we making one civ that is all the european forces, or having every european civ in there, or having the main ones in their, and have another european civs for less important contries (france denmark etc)

I figure just have a small localized map just like my Kuwait Mod. In it there would be a coalition civ. The civ's units would be a combination of the U.S., European and Arab forces. Syria and France contributed the least amount of manpower. Bush as the leader, but Arab cityart/unitstyle/buildings for other things. In that way we could have a coordinated team. The other civs should prob be Iraq, Iran, Soviets, and Turkey (Depends on the borders of the map).

Well I dont know how to mod but why dont you guys use the Colonization engine instead of the Civ4 engine for this?

This way you can have european troops being delivered from homeland into the "HQ Bases" estabilished in the region to be used later in the fight right?

I figure just have a small localized map just like my Kuwait Mod. In it there would be a coalition civ. The civ's units would be a combination of the U.S., European and Arab forces. Syria and France contributed the least amount of manpower. Bush as the leader, but Arab cityart/unitstyle/buildings for other things. In that way we could have a coordinated team. The other civs should prob be Iraq, Iran, Soviets, and Turkey (Depends on the borders of the map).

Well I dont know how to mod but why dont you guys use the Colonization engine instead of the Civ4 engine for this?

This way you can have european troops being delivered from homeland into the "HQ Bases" estabilished in the region to be used later in the fight right?

Sounds like all that could be achieved via python. Not sure if it is needed because I'd like the mod started the day before the air campaign started with the coalition already present.

Personally gotta agree with Nighmaster, coalition is really against the style i like to do mods and scenarios, i just feel when you combine civs together it becomes less realistic and historicaly correct. If this can be done via python i think we should give it a shot, im not good with python but if you could set it up, i would set up all the european civs since ud be doing so much work with python. if this cant be done then i do beleive coalation is best option

I just don't know how you would be able to build anything then if were the U.S. or other non-saudi allies and all your troops only appeared sometimes and you didn't really own any territory. Most of my python abilities are related to tweaking, fixing, and event creation unfortunately.

I was thinking about it and the desert War Mod for Vanilla operates how you described so we could start out with seperate civs, some bases, and reinforcements if needed (via events/python, which I know how to code).

I say go with it and start brainstorming the tech tree Dacubz. You could combo some of my techs if needed.

One thing to think about is how to account for the air war/land war start differential. Account for it or not? If yes, start out with tons of aircraft and only machine guns for the coalition civs and maybe techs for land units. If not, just like normal. It might not be fun though if you can only do air missions at first.

I was thinking about it and the desert War Mod for Vanilla operates how you described so we could start out with seperate civs, some bases, and reinforcements if needed (via events/python, which I know how to code).

I say go with it and start brainstorming the tech tree Dacubz. You could combo some of my techs if needed.

One thing to think about is how to account for the air war/land war start differential. Account for it or not? If yes, start out with tons of aircraft and only machine guns for the coalition civs and maybe techs for land units. If not, just like normal. It might not be fun though if you can only do air missions at first.
Good idea but for the air thing, possibly both? 2 scenarios would be good for people to choose from, but beside units i dont see what the point is for techs. if u need it for the range of units, we should just give each civ custom techs that give them the units, otherwise idk what they discovered over a period of time

Take a look at my invasion of kuwait mod. The tech tree has reinforcements, international intervention (Embassies), arab unity (Arab buildings), etc. Putting all the bildings as buildable from the start, I think,makes tech progression just kind of boring.

Techs can be altered so they cover other important events and give you something to do. I don't think it has to be perfectly historically accurate, just fun. To compensate for the fact that F117 were used at the begining, but are not buildable, we just add a few to the U.S. at the begnining. That's what I did in my mods.

I figure that the Dutch and Australians would need a port HQ because I read that they only supplied ships and some artillery/helicopters. In addition, how big should we make the map? I've made unique units with new camo for Iraq, Kuwait, & Syria that will work in this mod for the following units: MG, Marine, Para, Infantry, Anti Tank, and SAM Infantry.

I figure that the Dutch and Australians would need a port HQ because I read that they only supplied ships and some artillery/helicopters. In addition, how big should we make the map? I've made unique units with new camo for Iraq, Kuwait, & Syria that will work in this mod for the following units: MG, Marine, Para, Infantry, Anti Tank, and SAM Infantry.

Well as for map, im assing we want to include turkey since it would be hard to have all of iraq w.o part of turkey, so maybe as faw west as ankara to have the turkish capitol in there? beside that im not sure, depends on how you want to create the map, im terrible at creatin the actual map but im farely good at WB cities etc,

But do we really want all of Iraq because most of the war centered on southern Iraq?

Althought the fighting may be centered there, keep in mind if you count off some of Iraq, then you take away from a lot of production, tech researching etc. not to exclude any resources that would be further north, Althought no fighting happens i think it would be to hard as iraq to win if you dont have half your country, they are already outnumbered 100 to 1, and i think if any1, they should have all of their country, how far east do you want to go? Im assuming at least tehran? Or are we not going that north?

Those flags look great. Go for it. I thought I'd give you an update on what I've been doing check out a few screenies of some my new creations.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom