Revolution IOT

The Empire of Batmanistan!

Spoiler :

Government: Batmanist Dictatorship
Leader: Bruce Wayne
Religion: All except Batmanity forbidden.
Languages: English.
Currency: Known as the Bat-dollar.
Capital: Gotham City(Honolulu)
Social Freedoms: Nothing is guaranteed by the constitution if you're not Batman.
Political Freedoms: You must support Wayne for Emperor-for-life!
Economy: Firmly state-controlled.
Law: Whatever Bruce Wayne declares at any given time.
National anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZst_2xJHAI
Development: First-world
National Goal: Spread Batman's control across the entire globe!
Description: During the chaos as the world disintegrated, Bruce Wayne was subjected to experimentation by the US Army which left his head in a fragile state. He manage to lead a massive insurrection in Hawaii with the aims of spreading his control everywhere!

I've waited a long time for this! Let's start the Bat-party!

-L

Might have been more in in 1955. But anyway, that's a different language. This game is entirely fictional, so I don't see why I can't have the ancient Egyptian language.

Because, the PoD is 1955. The death of the Egyptian launguage was before 1955 (Understatement). Therefore, you can't have it.

EDIT: Seriously? Nation of X? Empire of Batman? Can't we be a little more mature about this?

I'll allow on the grounds we had the infamous United Flying Ninja Cyborg Pirates whatever in IOT6 and it's implied, after the whole Egyptian thing, that Xian is a minority language.

No Newspeak yet people? It's 1955 and there was a "Revolution" and you're telling me there are no 1984 references yet? For shame all of you! :lol:

You are in the wrong part of the forum for that. I doubt most of Forum Gamers are even aware of the book...

D B Corp

Land Owned:
Spoiler :

Government: Corporate Dictatorship

Leader: A shadowy figure only known as the "Duke"

Religion: None, at present.

Languages: The Government operates in English

Currency: The Credit

Capital: Constantinople

Social Freedoms: Complete. You may do anything, say anything, or think anything that does not harm another human being.

Political Freedoms: Minimal

Economy: All-consuming

Law: Very Strict, but few total "laws".

National anthem: "Shake yo Money Maker" by Ludacris

Development: First-world

National Goal: Turn the Globe into a Corperate Paradise

Description: In 1929 an eccentric multi-billionaire purchased both the Panama Canal. The money it made as the world economy grew exponentially paid for other investments, and the formation of the DB corporation paid for more.

I think that shouldn't be allowed.. (A nation picking random places to control the straits) Seriously.. Its a bit powergamey.

@Omega I think part of the fun is the creative roleplaying. I agree with you on the nation of Batman, though, because the user didn't make him up.

I think that shouldn't be allowed.. (A nation picking random places to control the straits) Seriously.. Its a bit powergamey.

Ah, well, its the 1950s.. And I am a corporation! Someone shoulda not counted on his SOI! Will be back in a bit to discuss.

I thought the implied rule of first claims was that they were to be connected...

But, realistically, a new nation would not have the strength or the power to control a widespread area like that and be stable.

You can always DoW.

This is my official stance on this one. As soon as I looked at the map, I knew I would be dealing with a megacorporation.

@Duke

I just have to warn you that you might get zerg rushed pretty early on for this. You control two strategic areas (not the Suez Canal since Egypt controls the other part meaning its jointly operated for the time being).

I'm with Zelet and Omega. Strait-nations with horrible names: there ought to be a law! :mischief:

If you don't like the name, destroy the nation or use force to make them change. Don't just whine about it and demand they must!

or just subsitute the name with something else:

like batman would be Hawaii in all official documents, and X be Gibraltar.

:) Now everyone hug!

Actually edit due to many people taking offense to my country:

The New Rising Sun

Spoiler :

Government: Oligarchy
Leader: Representative Keiko Kajami. Please note, she just represents the government, and is effectively the head of propaganda, she has no real power.
Religion: Atheism. No religion is allowed to be practiced in public, but if you pray at home the state wont kill you.
Language: English and Japanese
Currency: Dollar
Capital: Edo (way better name then Tokyo)
Economy: Free Market
Law: Mixed. We are pro-choice and pro-drug, but Homosexuals are persecuted (along with the Mentally and Physically ******ed and any other genetic disorder)
Development: First World
Goal: To establish a colonial empire that the sun will never set on.

Because, the PoD is 1955. The death of the Egyptian launguage was before 1955 (Understatement). Therefore, you can't have it.

EDIT: Seriously? Nation of X? Empire of Batman? Can't we be a little more mature about this?

What part of "This game is entirely fictional" do you not understand?

You can always DoW.

And I wanted the white zones... ah well, guess I get to give my biological weapons program a head start!

Top Bottom