NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

((GM Note: Due to CFC's recent server explosions (or whatever went on), I will be extending the night phase an extra day so everyone has a chance to get orders in. If you would like to change your orders, that is fine as well. Assuming there are no new setbacks, game will resume at its normal time tomorrow (1 PM EST, GMT -5))).

End Night Phase Eleven, Start Morning Phase Twelve

Journal Entry Number Thirty-Four. 06:00 shipboard time. Estimated twelve days to port.

The night had been a long one, one that seemed longer than the rest. I myself had strange nightmares involving rows upon rows of the ship’s server towers all sparking and exploding, with lights dimming and going out, and when I went to write it all down in this journal it was nowhere to be found. Every memory I had seemed to be erased in one scary moment. The prospect of not finishing my entries, and not being able to recall what had happened at a quick glance, frightened the hell out of me. Waking up and finding the journal was one of the most relieving feelings ever.

The ship had been dead quiet for a few days now with the Engines offline. It was uncomfortably silent during this time, and the prospect of sitting in insurgent waters was troubling to the crew. During the night things changed, and a low rumble could once again be heard. The Engines were back online, but just barely. The damage was still pretty high, and the reactors could only run at half power. Still though, we were moving home.

Elsewhere repairs had gone off seemingly without a hitch. The Navigation Bridge, and Pump Room all received attention during the night, though the Deck was once again completely wrecked, thus damaging compartments below. Also due to the ship’s pumps being offline from the previous day, flooding had crept into every lower compartment and slightly damaging them. As a result, the Electrical Room had taken enough to damage to knock the ship’s locks offline once again. Additionally, the Armory had taken enough damage to the point where ammunition for the various rifles and machine guns was limited as those locked away were now drenched and not able to be fired. Therefore, weapons that gave any additional voting power would be negated until the room could be patched up. Flooding went elsewhere as well, but the effect of that flooding either had no additional impact to speak of, or is effects were already being felt.

Chief Warrant Officer, Five Izipo had long claimed he had been repairing every night publicly, and from the looks of things tonight was no different. He was found in the ship’s Pump Room brutally beaten with yet another fire ax almost beyond recognition. Judging by his actions each night and by his numerous belongings, it was determined that

Spoiler :
Izipo was innocent.

The murders didn’t stop there. thomas.berubeg, one of the more silent members of the crew was found in the Sleeping Quarters slashed and hacked to pieces. The scene was beyond bloody, with streaks of blood peppering the walls when certain pressurized arteries had been severed. Found on his person was a Herbal Remedy, and beyond that there was nothing to suggest he was against the crew.

Spoiler :
thomas.berubeg was innocent.

Even with all of the carnage, there was another promotion to report. Recruit BSmith1068 must have impressed someone, because he joined the Commissioned ranks with a promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade. Similarly, classical_hero must have angered someone, because instead of being promoted to the vacant slot, BSmith1068 took his occupied slot, thus bumping the now enlisted man to Recruit.

The many items were gathered in the Galley as usual and put on display for vote. They included choxorn’s Monkey Wrench and Ship’s Blueprints, Izipo’s Key to the Pump Room, Reinforced Steel, and Swiss Army Knife, and thomas.berubeg’s Herbal Remedy. Once again, all would have to find a new home by the day’s end.

Today would likely be a pivotal day for the crew. With the ship moving again and the crew now almost one-third its original size, tensions were beginning to run pretty high. Time would tell how the crew would handle two more additional innocent casualties.

~~~​

New Rank Hierarchy:

Night Phase Eleven is over and posting is open.

• Execution votes in Bold
  • Vote for the Monkey Wrench in Dark Red.
  • Vote for the Key to the Pump Room in Red.
  • Vote for the Swiss Army Knife in Dark Orange.
  • Vote for the Ship’s Blueprints in Blue.
  • Vote for the Herbal Remedy in Purple.
  • Vote for the Reinforced Steel in Gray.

Quick Notes:
  • Damage Report: Deck damaged to 100%, Electrical Room to 80%, Armory to 80%, Machine Room to 90%, Sick Bay to 30%, Brig to 40%, and Magazine to 100%. Navigation Bridge repaired to 40%, Pump Room to 20%, and Engine Room repaired to 50%.
  • BSmith1068 promoted from Recruit to Lieutenant Junior Grade. classical_hero demoted to Recruit.
  • This number has changed! Over/Under Number is now 2.
  • Result PM's being sent now.

You may now post!

I have to question the choice of bringing the ship's engines back online, especially when so many other parts of the ship are damaged. Sure we'll be back to port in six to twelve days but at this rate we'll all be dead by then! Also, we are still in mine infested waters are we not?

Another question is why would anyone go after our crewmate thomas? And finally, who ordered that promotion/demotion and why?

Sigh. There really is no one left beside him, is there?

CCrunner.

Actually, you know what? Forget that.

CCrunner

Classical, do you mind telling us what exactly did you think you would accomplish by murdering thomas?

How about we focus on catching the saboteur(s) who are still active before we go off and kill all of the inactives. The Deck was damaged again last night, and the ax murderer reared his head, so there most likely is at least one saboteur that is still active. The ax murderer might not be a saboteur, but I think he likely is based off how he has been targeting a lot of repairers.

So if the "investigator" is to be believed, the only active people that could still be suspects are CCRunner, Civplayah, classical_hero, PaulusIII, and Takhisis. Personally my belief in his results being completely correct is hanging on by only a thread; it just seems too good to be true. However, I'll trust his results for today and see where that takes us.

Out of those five, hopefully one of those was investigated, but I haven't heard anything about that yet so we'll see. If classical killed thomas, he can't be a saboteur, but his method of kill does make me question whether he isn't something else. The stuff that went down between CCRunner and Choxorn makes me think CCRunner isn't a saboteur either, though they could have been trying to distance themselves from one another on purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if CCRunner wasn't innocent though.

So for now I say we execute Takhisis. He voted for the short path just like Choxorn, as far as I'm aware there aren't many or any nights where he was proven to have been busy in the pursuit of innocent actions, and I've been getting a vibe from him for a while as well. I don't think his interaction yesterday with Choxorn proves anything.

End Morning Phase Twelve, Start Midday Phase Twelve

Journal Entry Number Thirty-Five. 13:00 shipboard time.

And I though yesterday morning’s action couldn’t be topped…

Seriously, this is lame. There’s so much going on that three of the fourteen sailors left alive saw fit post something. Now, either there’s a ton of stuff going on the behind the scenes that I’m not privy to, or the remaining crew simply didn’t care what happens to them and the ship.

With the ship moving again, the ship struck yet another mine, and this time it finished off the Electrical Room. Now more repairs would be needed to bring the secure locks back online.

~~~​

GM Note: I’m just a little bit peeved right now at the lack of anything. Three ways this plays out:
  • You guys send me PM’s detailing what’s going on with each of you, who you’re talking to, what the plans/plots are etc. I expect it from everyone. I see enough activity there, then the lack of activity in the thread can be justified.
  • Barring that, everyone posts more in the thread. My personal favorite solution to this mess, but I can understand if things are deliberately being kept quiet. Only way I know this is if you guys do option one.
  • Option three is a direction I don’t want to go in, but if the lack of anything continues, I reserve the right to do this:
Spoiler :
~~~​

Vote Tally:

Not going to bother with a graphic, there weren’t any I couldn’t just type the old-school way.

Execution:

Takhisis: 1 (Frozen In Ice)

Items:

None on anything.

Voting Still Open.

• Execution votes in Bold
  • Vote for the Monkey Wrench in Dark Red.
  • Vote for the Key to the Pump Room in Red.
  • Vote for the Swiss Army Knife in Dark Orange.
  • Vote for the Ship’s Blueprints in Blue.
  • Vote for the Herbal Remedy in Purple.
  • Vote for the Reinforced Steel in Gray.

Quick Notes:
  • No promotions to report.
  • Damage Report: Electrical Room damaged to 100%.
  • Over/Under Number is 2.

Deadline for all voting is 23 hours from this post!

Well, things are going crazy. We lost a lot of good people...

And I forgot I can't vote. ****.

Classical, Duke Blackstone, anybody! Can we get together a list of what everyone was doing yesterday night?

Frankly the weekend has been pretty busy for me in RL, so I have not had a lot of time to be online. I’ll work at being more visible!

People voting for choxorn only after he confessed: classical_hero, DaveShack and PaulusIII. Either they were late to the game, or voted with the rest of the ship so as not to stand out once it was certain that choxorn was guilty.

Anyone know what DaveShack does at night?

I attacked someone who has basically been inactive, since I was going on a hunch that a saboteur was in active. It was between him and TLO. Obviously I got it wrong.

TLO hadn’t been on CFC since mid February until the last day or so, so chances are he is not one of the ones blowing stuff up.

Some item votes:

Monkey Wrench to classical_hero
Pump Room Key and steel to rhawn
Swiss Army knife to me, along with the blueprints and herbal remedy

(sorry for 3 posts in a row…)

There's no point in giving Classical Hero the monkey wrench. I gave him a repair item early in the game and item bonuses don't stack, so it would just waste the item. It needs to be given to either a repair guy without an item, or someone who has nothing to do at night and can repair.

I'm also curious why people are promoting others without talking to them first? Don't promote someone until you know exactly what you'd be losing/gaining. I'm a bit curious as to why some of these promotions are being given out and to what reason they are.

The one proper lead we have on someone being responsible for an action that hurt the ship's chances of getting home - namely, the course change - still hasn't been followed through on properly.

Yet we can likely link it to CCRunner messing around with the ship's reactor. As noted earlier, the following words in the writeup make me think that both his confirmed action (ie. speeding up the reactor so that we would get home faster - or so he says) and the turning around are related. It might be a bit of a stretch, but it deserves to be examined further.

Backwards Logic's writeup said:
There’s certain things a sailor gets used to when aboard for lengthy periods of time. Take the ship’s rocking for instance. Seasoned sailors can tell just by the ship’s rock if something is amiss. The same rhythmic swaying that causes seasickness in some brings comfort to others with the knowledge the ship is traveling on without incident. For instance, drastic course changes are pronounced as the ship leans to one side during the maneuver. Tonight, this chronic sway was disrupted by one long period of nothingness, then resumed back to its usual movements, though with a little more pep behind them…

I think that either PaulosIII or CCRunner are scum. Sorry Seon, I didnt have contact with anyone at night, really. We had a traitor in our inner circle, and yea... Obviously it got bad.

I think that either PaulosIII or CCRunner are scum. Sorry Seon, I didnt have contact with anyone at night, really. We had a traitor in our inner circle, and yea... Obviously it got bad.

Oh, I freaking called it.

Do you have any idea who it may be?

The only people who knew of all the repairers that have been killed recently: Myself, Classical, Rhawn, Daveshack(although he didnt know who was repairing), possibly Takhisis, and possibly BSmith/Methos.

Had or have? The last couple days we have been voting items directly to our repairmen. One needn't be Sherlock Holmes to deduce who they are. Many seemed to think we were in the clear as far as night murderd were concerned, something I never commented on but also never agreed with.

BSmith hasn't been updated on repairs from my end or Earthling's before his demise. Methos has been kept out of the loop for obvious reasons. I don't know much about Dave and this is the first I've heard that classicalm_hero was updated with evening repairs and entrusted with repaimen identities. Although I'd liked to note I demoted classical_hero for a reason. And that was before I knew he decided to take thomas,berubeg's life without mentioning it to anyone.

Top Bottom