m-Notw XII - The Mage Guild [Game Thread]

The day rolled on with the guild members still in shock. They sat around the crystal table staring at each other without words. Finanly the silenced was broken when the Green Druid stood up and slammed his fist into the table. "Damm Yellow Cowards" he yelled. "Especially that shifty-eyed young Adept. I bet it was him!" The outburst stirred something in the others as if they remembered what they were trying to do. It was the Black Sorcerer who spoke next, "The White Magician was all energetic before but now he is all sleepy perhaps up all night casting evil magics?" The White Magician soon drew the attention of the Guild members, not that he noticed as he was fast asleep on his chair. The White Thaumaturge soon seconded the Black Sorcerers accusation, claiming he always had doubts about his fellow coloured Mage. The Red Mage stood up with a twinkle in her eye and a handful of flame in her hand. "Perhaps we should wake him up? It just wouldn't be fair unless he was able to defend himself." She said. The Red Mage then out stretched her palm to perform a simple spell. However before the flames left her hands a grey smoke erupted from the table and snuffed out the flame. The smoke then soon solidified in the form of a man. It was the ghost of sprig yet again.

"Found my killer have you?" he asked in a cold voice. "Are you sure? I swear this one was not the greatest at even using simple spells." The Mages were not as shocked this time by the appearance of Sprig, but they were still very surprised to see him again. The Blue Shaman cocked his head to the side as if to study the ghostly image. There was something not quite right about Sprig. His image seemed to be distorted as if he was losing his unique features and there seemed to be a bit of colour about him but it was hard to make out. He was mostly Grey but bits of Solid White and Black seemed to filter through. Perhaps that is what happens to all ghost over time. Eventually the Blue Shaman summoned the courage to speak."You are not moving on?" he asked with uncertainty.

"Not until the deed is done, if this White Magician here is responsible then you should swiftly deal retribution" said Sprig with a commanding voice. The Yellow Adept stood up suddenly. "Your right!' he declared. "We should fry that White Arse." The Adept raised his hands above his head and gathered an enormous amount of energy that arced between his hands. The other members of the guild all backed away from the table leaving the poor White Magician alone and still asleep. "Sayonara" shouted the Yellow Adept and he launched a stream of lightning from his hands. Woken by the shout the White Magician spluttered. "Huh? what the...?" But it was too late the burst of lighter hit his body and there was nothing he could do to defend himself.
Spoiler :

"Oh Well" said Sprig as he picked up an Amber coloured Cracked Ring from the Dead White Magician. Sprig examined the Ring then threw it on the Table. "The White Magician was weak and worthless. He will fortunately be no loss." And with those final words Sprig disappeared. The Guild members looked at each other, none of them had any dealing with ghosts before but they each felt rather strange about the whole thing. Before they each retired for the night, The Black Sorcerer Collects another Black Ring and The White Thaumaturge collected the two white ones.

- - -

Spoiler Tally :
Accusations
Takhisis - IV
Rhawn - I

White Ring
Robbiecon - III

White Ring
Robbiecon - II
TFA - I

Black Ring
Winston - III

- - -
It is now Night Three. Please send in Night orders.

Please use the following format for the title of night order PM's.
'mnotw XII - Night Three - Orders.'

Dawn will break in roughly 20hrs.
Night ends 8th Mar 18:00 [+13 GMT]

The Guild Members woke once it was morning, how they knew it was morning deep underground was anyone's guess. The morning it seems was just like last few before it with the subtle difference that two members were missing. The Guild members made their way to the room of one of the missing, the Yellow adept. An all to familiar feeling crept upon them as they opened the door to the room.

Spoiler :

The scene was almost identical to the morning before. Ancient dead trees grew from the rocks, a branch had pierced the body of the Yellow adept and his body was badly decomposed. The only difference was that the room had definite scorch marks around the room. However there were none of these scorch marks near the body so it was doubtful that it contributed to his death. The Guild members took a Yellow ring from the body and decided to move on to find the other missing member, the White Thaumaturge.

When they arrived at his room they were in for a surprise and it was not the horrific shock they were expecting but a joyous one. The White Thaumaturge grinned at them cheekily. "You're too late to catch me Horizontal but perhaps the Black Necromancer was not kidding about that lady being alive...."
Spoiler :

The Black Necromancer was lying peacefully, he slowly sat up and the others rushed to greet him. He looked a little different from usually, a little wax like but it was a definite improvement over the rotten mess he was before.

With no effective drop to their numbers the Guild felt uplifted and were sure that they would find a Dark Mage today.

- - -
It is now Morning Phase 4
Phase ends in 24 hrs - Day ends in 48 Hours.

Accusations in Bold
Votes for Takhisis’s Cracked Amber Ring in Purple
Votes for Rhawns’s Yellow Ring in Orange

There is no Minimum Accusations required for Lynch
Day ends 10th Mar 18:00 [+13 GMT]

TheForestAuro was accused by rhawn some days ago. Unless mere coincidence I can think of no other reason for him to have been attacked. Unless perhaps his votes of rings to Diamondeye, who was dead and innocent? But that's not much -- Rhawn was if anything a somewhat suspicious character, I think. Regardless, it's the closest to a motive that I have at this point.

I would like my colleague Seon to have the yellow ring.

I, Autolycus would like the cracked Amber Ring. I'm curious what effect the crack has. I'm comfortable with Seon receiving the yellow Ring. I'd like to hear what Daveshack has to say.

"I'm not too happy about how I went about proving myself right concerning that girl, but I hope you all believe me. You should be warned, though, that I cannot properly sustain myself without a magic ring. And since you went ahead and pilfered mine while I was... away... I want the Yellow Ring. I'd be happy to be handed a ring by someone, too, but if I don't get my hands on one before sunset, I'm going to return to my rather lifeless state. We don't want that."

"Also, I obviously haven't been able to follow what's going on, but from the look of these killings, we have reason to suspect the green mages - right? How about you, civplayah?"

Diamondeye can have the yellow ring

I'm inclined to think TheForestAuro may have something up his sleeve, but what, I do not know yet. If there's a protector out there, once again, your services would be well met.

GM Comment:

If you gonna use yellow colour at least use Gold but I think orange is the colour you are actually looking for. Also, make sure you bold the item votes so they stand out.

I will have the yellow ring, thanks :).

Meanwhile, I shall gift Autolycus with the honor of the Amber Ring.

On some discussion, it seems as if DE requires the yellow ring more than I do.

"Also, I obviously haven't been able to follow what's going on, but from the look of these killings, we have reason to suspect the green mages - right? How about you, civplayah?"[/I]
As much to suspect of the green mages as the red ones or blue ones (based purely on the deaths so far). Where did that vote come from?

Go nuts, Autolycus.

Diamondeye should get the yellow ring.

Renata should take the Amber Ring, whether she wants it or not. :p

You've broken out the toenail pincers again, haven't you? Whatever you say, master.

(Renata. And Diamondeye.)

I can't believe you guys would fall for such an obvious frame. Do you really think I'm that stupid? Obviously his accusations weren't holding any weight, he's tried twice now to lynch me and nobody cared.

If I was this dark mage, Winston would be dead for failing to hold up his end of a bargain. Furthermore, Autolycus would have long since handed his ring to me. I can just imagine how much delightful fun it would be wresting that blue ring from his cold, dead hands.

But unfortunately, I haven't got any magic murder powers. I've got one blue ring, and all it does is turn a white ring into a blue ring. If I get two blue rings, I can check how many rings a player has.

Perhaps if I gave my blue ring to Autolycus, we could sort all of this out, and then move on. Deal?

The Resurrection of the Black Necromancer seemed to have stirred everyone into life. Everyone went about the day with vigour in their accusations and energy in their item claiming. Well, almost everyone, some still decided to use the day to continue snoozing, if a dead man coming back to life wasn't going to wake them, nothing would. Also the poor Black Necromancer still hadn't seemed to shake off the effects of death. In fact he was looking a lot paler than he was in the morning. Since this was a new experience for all involved the guild members each suggested equally unhelpful advice ranging from stewed mushroom soup to electroshock therapy. In the end they decided he should just rest and hopefully after a good night's sleep he would feel better.
- - -
Spoiler Tally :
Accusations
TheForestAuro - II
Daveshack - I
Civplayah - I

Cracked Amber Ring
Autolycus - III
Renata - II

Yellow Ring
Diamondeye - V
Seon - I

- - -
It is now Midday Phase 4
Phase ends in 20 hrs - Day ends in 20 Hours.
Day ends 10th Mar 18:00 [+13 GMT]

"That last reply, TheForestAuro... It does not ring well with me. You are buckling under a relatively light pressure... Not a good sign."

I can't believe you guys would fall for such an obvious frame. Do you really think I'm that stupid? Obviously his accusations weren't holding any weight, he's tried twice now to lynch me and nobody cared.

If I was this dark mage, Winston would be dead for failing to hold up his end of a bargain. Furthermore, Autolycus would have long since handed his ring to me. I can just imagine how much delightful fun it would be wresting that blue ring from his cold, dead hands.

But unfortunately, I haven't got any magic murder powers. I've got one blue ring, and all it does is turn a white ring into a blue ring. If I get two blue rings, I can check how many rings a player has.

Perhaps if I gave my blue ring to Autolycus, we could sort all of this out, and then move on. Deal?

I'd like you to follow up on the memos we sent each other earlier today, please, before I make any decisions.

I'm withdrawing my disapproval of TheForestAuro for the time being.

Civplayah, you've been in relatively hot water up until now, haven't you? I do recall voting for you and the over/under saving you a day or two ago. A frame such as rhawn suddenly dying would do well to draw attention away from yourself, wouldn't it?

(Renata. And Diamondeye.)

Top Bottom