Info Addict

I updated to a much newer version of the game, but still no luck. Could you please tell me where I could find earlier versions of your mod? (v9 and earlier?)
Thanks!

Of InfoAddict? Yes, I deleted v11 before I tried v10.
Of [civ5]? No. I installed an updated version into a separate directory.

I faintly remember finding a discussion on the STEAM forums with people having similar problems with this mod some time back in November-December, however, I can't seem to find it now.

Zis, when you start up the game, what version does it say it's running at (it's at the bottom of the screen when the main menu pops up)?

Info Addict v12 is now available for download. I've added a few requested features :eek: and made a change to take advantage of the line drawing capabilities available to modders now.

Here is a list of the changes for this version:
  • Number of wonders an Empire controls is now tracked and displayed in the historical charts and world factbook.
  • "Culture" now means culture per turn. "Science" now means science per turn (beakers). Accumulated technologies is now called "Techs" and accumulated policies is now called "Policies". These changes affect both the historical graphs and the world factbook.
  • Both current graphs and the factbook will refresh when a new leader is encountered.
  • Resource icons have been added to the tooltips in the economic relations graph.
  • In the political relationship chart, "denouncement" is now "denouncing" to make it more clear what the direction of the denouncement is. Hovering over a civ icon will show you which empires that civ is currently denouncing.
  • Lines in the global relations graph are now generated through the ciV engine instead of pre-generated images. Consequently, 123 image files have been removed from the mod's Art directory. The only visible effect in the game is the lines sometimes look a little thicker in those graphs.

This release is compatible with previous releases of Info Addict but, if you are in the middle of a game when you update, the wonder, tech and policy historical graphs will only start from the turn that you were on when you updated the mod. Other than that, everything else should look fine.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v12 :
Code:
M      /InfoAddict/InfoAddictReadMe.txt
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictHistoricalData.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText_FR.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictCivRelations.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText_EN.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictFactBook.xml
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictHistoricalData.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictCivRelations.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictCollector.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLib.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictFactBook.lua
D      /InfoAddict/Art/iac*_*.dds                (123 files)

Hey Robk, I can't access the ingame mod browser atm - if you get a sec to update the downloads database here on CFC to v12 I'd really appreciate it!:) Ty

Oh, that's my fault. I didn't update the text to say v11 but I updated the file v12. I just updated the text and images a few minutes ago.

I get the following error while playing with firetuner on

Runtime Error: [string "Lua/InfoAddictFactBook.lua"]:365: attempt to concatenate a nil value
InfoAddictHistoricalData: INFO: loadPlayerDataTable() from 36 to 36 took 0s to complete.
InfoAddictCivRelations: INFO: Total time to build political view: 0.006s
Runtime Error: [string "Lua/InfoAddictFactBook.lua"]:365: attempt to concatenate a nil value
Runtime Error: [string "F:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civili..."]:246: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Kasdar, can you PM me a copy of your save file? I think I'll have to add some debug statements to track that down.

I actually finished that game, and deleted the save game :( will watch out for the error the next games that I play, and send you a copy of the save as soon as I see it.

Info Addict v13 is now available for download. I've added one new feature and made a major change in the way data is saved.

Note: Because of the change with the way data is saved, this version is not compatible with previous versions of Info Addict. I recommend you upgrade the mod in between games so you don't lose your data in the middle of a game.

The global relations screen now has an option to view civ attitudes toward you and other civs. You'll see one line draw from each civ to your empire, with the color representing their attitude (hostile, friendly, neutral, etc.). You'll see two lines between the other civs, representing their attitudes toward each other. To see which line is associated with a civ, hover over the empire icons for detailed info in the tooltips. I tried to make it clear by displaying things like "Friendly with" or "Hostile toward" to indicate direction. One beneficial side effect of this graph is you'll be able to tell which civs have not met each other yet; those civs will not have any lines drawn between their icons.

One important thing to note about civ attitudes: There are two functions associated with attitude that the game makes available to mods. One shows the attitude that a civ appears to have, while the other shows the actual attitude. The later includes things like "deceitful" in its list of potential stances toward other empires. I used the former function that gives us the apparent (or best guess) attitude for each civilization. It would be a cheat to know that a civ that is outwardly friendly toward you is actually planning on stabbing you in the back. The way I view it, and indeed, the position I usually take with the mod, is that the information you can see is what your diplomatic corps is collecting hanging out in the other civs' capitals or what's just generally known throughout the world. So, take the attitudes with a grain of salt.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v13 :
Code:
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictCivRelations.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText_EN.xml
D      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictCollector.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictHistoricalData.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLogger.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictCivRelations.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictInit.lua
A      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictDataManager.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLib.lua

Top Bottom