A New Dawn Beta Builds

I play with Revdcm off. Installed AND by itself not over ROM.

I made 2 changes to the event trigger file much earlier on (decreased the chance of 2 events occurring). Game loaded and played fine for quite a while after.

So if we save in one 'format' we have to stick with it until end of game then?

I play with Revdcm off. Installed AND by itself not over ROM.

I made 2 changes to the event trigger file much earlier on (decreased the chance of 2 events occurring). Game loaded and played fine for quite a while after.

So if we save in one 'format' we have to stick with it until end of game then?

No. You can save in eitrher format at any time . Auto-save always uses standard format. The difference is that if you try to load a standard format save and anything has changed in the mod since you saved it you'll get a crash or a can't-uncompress error. Maximum compatibiliy saves should always work. I recommend you ALWAYS use maximum compatibility for explicit saves (including at the end of each play session), and just rely on auto-saves within a play session.

If you need to post a save game for debugging purposes please post only maximum compatibility saves. If you need to post a game state from an auto-save (so standard format) load it first and resave it as maximum compatibility then send that.

Thanks Kosh for the clarification. Direct Word from the Master is always better than a layman's rendition. ;) :D

JosEPh

Just pushed a ton of AI tweaks + a CTD fix for emergent city states to SVN (Rev 494). The AI tweaks were all done in a C2C context, but are generic so should also work well for AND (or at worst in few cases be no-ops). See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10642013&postcount=2896 for details.

Note - this is not yet in a released beta, but will likely make beta 6 (Afforess might choose to cut some aspects he considers too C2C-specific, but I'm sure he'll comment if so). IMPORTANT - once this is released be aware it has new serialized data in the save games. This means:
  • You MUST save in max compatibility format before upgrading to be able to continue existing games
  • Although it is backward compatible (it will read earlier versions' max compatibility save games), older versions are not forward compatible with it, which means an OLDER DLL will NOT read save games from this newer one - i.e. - once you upgrade you can't go back.

Looks fun, guna try the new SVN out.

thank you koshling,
much appreciated as always.

a question - was any work made on the values of the trade diplomacy?

No. My priorities are still on early game stuff since that's wheer C2C needs the AI work so the player isn't too far ahead coming out of prehistoric

So I played up to around 1 BC on the last beta, and I was catching up to the rest of the world (I was Isolated and since I don't play gamey what so ever, that is a bad thing). Once I switched to the new Beta, within 500 years all of the AI had a huge burst of development, which they so kindly scared with me when I met them for apples and sheep.

rev495
- errors under BUG Mod Options - RevDCM : XML key TXT_KEY_REVDCMTAB_***** not found
- Python Exception when clicking on Cleopatra
- Leaders : text in the field under Traits missing TXT_KEY_PEDIA_STATS

Maneuvering : what's the point of -1 terrain movement cost when all sea tiles cost 1 to cross?

I see you removed the +50% :hammers: -50% :commerce: from barter. Why? It makes Barter less unique...

War Galley has cargo space - it shouldn't become obsolete when trireme is researched.

I could see reasons for removing barter. +50% hammers makes you more productive than many other civics combined.

I get an unspecifed error when installing beta 5, although the installjammer still says that it installed correctly. We'll see if there's a problem when playing.

EDIT: Yes, there is a problem. "Failed loading XML file modules\ [etc.]"

I'll try downloading the beta 5 installer again.

EDIT 2: Nope, new download still generates the same install error.

I get an unspecifed error when installing beta 5, although the installjammer still says that it installed correctly. We'll see if there's a problem when playing.

EDIT: Yes, there is a problem. "Failed loading XML file modules\ [etc.]"

I'll try downloading the beta 5 installer again.

EDIT 2: Nope, new download still generates the same install error.

Did you run install as admin?

@BlueTemplar: I had a similar prob. A preference file for BUG wasn't in the svn. Download the missing file here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=293923&d=1309259894

And install in mods\a new dawn\assets\xml\text :goodjob:

I feel like a new bug has been included when trying to fix courthouses. They now reduce maintenance by 25%. The only problem is, the actual says they only yield .25 more gold. So I looked into it.

They only reduce the base maintenance by 25%, and that is always 1. They do not factor in distance and other things. Is this WAD? Because it seems unlikely.

Could someone also explain to me why in My Gigantic (Which I regret) 15 civ, Earth 3 map game, no barbarian cities have spawned, none started with barb world turned on, and at 1000bc I am at Republic already on the second slowest speed, while the AI is still using spearmen and archers?

Could someone also explain to me why in My Gigantic (Which I regret) 15 civ, Earth 3 map game, no barbarian cities have spawned, none started with barb world turned on, and at 1000bc I am at Republic already on the second slowest speed, while the AI is still using spearmen and archers?

Did you also have the no barbarians option or any other barbarian options selected when you started the game? Could be conflicting with each other in some weird way..

You didn't say what difficulty.

Noble. I play that because I lack the ability to know specializations and I believe Noble gives no one any +'s or -'s.

Did you also have the no barbarians option or any other barbarian options selected when you started the game? Could be conflicting with each other in some weird way..

How would I check?

What victory conditions did you pick?

Picking no victory conditions will lead to an AI that does little to nothing.

I feel like a new bug has been included when trying to fix courthouses. They now reduce maintenance by 25%. The only problem is, the actual says they only yield .25 more gold. So I looked into it.

They only reduce the base maintenance by 25%, and that is always 1. They do not factor in distance and other things. Is this WAD? Because it seems unlikely.

Base Maintenance depends on era...not quite sure what are you reporting, let me see if I have it straight:

Courthouses are reporting a decrease in the base maintenance, but give no decrease?

Top Bottom