A New Dawn Beta Builds

A second note - I do not want to fall into the trap of infinite beta's. I will have a final release of 1.76 by September. I will release patches as needed.

Decemeber 15th, I will evaluate the situation again, making some last minute changes for 1.77.Likely that, after it's patches will be final.

AI trade techs for a low cost. They propose to trade to me a 5K tech for only 2k in gold. Unless they REALLY need gold and think the tech is useless to me this shouldn't happen.

I captured a city with a UB Mint that can be built. When hovering over :hammers: production of the city, the Mint isn't showing as a possible building that would give a bonus.

When you get Caravels, you can't build any more ships that can claim territory.

I don't know if you can fix this, but sometimes background music and empire music overlap.

It would be nice if when hovering over the portrait of a faction in Foreign Advisor you would see their points : you don't make the same trade with a big empire compared to a smallish one...

Base Maintenance depends on era...not quite sure what are you reporting, let me see if I have it straight:

Courthouses are reporting a decrease in the base maintenance, but give no decrease?

No, they do give an increase, it just subtracts .25 from maintenance though because the base is 1. I had the belief that it was supposed to subtract 25% from the entire maintenance.

If it is supposed to subtract only 25% from the base maintenance, then they are working fine.

What victory conditions did you pick?

Picking no victory conditions will lead to an AI that does little to nothing.

Hi Afforess...just about have the AND 2012 scenario completed that I could either send to you or load onto the site for others to enjoy.

With regard to victory conditions:
My favorite to use is Mastery, just on account that I like to play a balanced game throughout. But I do have a question that maybe you could answer....

With the new BBAI having the AI go for certain "victories" at different stages of the game...IE Conquest Level 1, 2, 3, etc...should I not use Mastery VC any longer, on account that the AI no longer will play a balanced game?...

I guess what Im asking directly is: Does the AI actually "understand" how to use/play Mastery VC?

ill bumb into same question, which victory conditions one should use to have best game, some civilizations/leaders always stronger than others, is that because of victory conditions? tho i started using random personalities, but sitting bull will be weak no matter what.. just as example

i always play with conquest, cant stand other victory conditions, i personally end game when i feel that i won, and not when some blabla tells me i did..

but i could adjust if having other/different victory conditions makes ai perform better

Commercial port replaces not only River Port and Harbor, but Port too.
Maybe all the types of ports should have a bonus for upgrading them, like Village Hall, City Council, etc... and Grove/Garden...?
Also, there's a problem with ports (and probably not only them) that when hovering over :health:, they show that they will add extra :health: form resources, even when there's already a building of that type that is built. High walls under Junta show the -1 :c5angry: from replacing walls, as well as the +1 :c5happy:, this doesn't seem to be the case with ports, maybe because their bonuses come from resources?

By researching Physics you get shown Skyscraper, which is available only way later in the game.

The dock workers strike event is messed up : for instance you have to choose between +1 :c5happy: for 15 turns and - :gold:. I chose +2 :hammers: for Port, but didn't get them.

When you tell ships to unload units in a land tile, and the ships have already moved, they won't unload the units.

Description of Musketeer says it doesn't require any special resources. But it does require sulfur.

I got the Harbormaster quest which instructs me to build Ports and Caravels. Problem : the Caravels are an obsolete unit since I have Frigates now...

EDIT : Nevermind, the Fisherman's Hut reappeared...
I had built a Fisherman's Hut in a city. Comes a raiding frigate, pillages my fishing boats. Fisherman's hut disappears. I chase off the frigate, build new fishing boats but impossible to rebuild Fisherman's Hut! It doesn't appear nor in the list of buildings to build, nor already build ones, nor in the list of scrappable buildings. This is especially problematic because not only it gives +1 :food: per water tile (so the Theatre of Dionysus I have built there expecting a big population is wasted) , but it is also needed for the Fishmonger's Master guild, and I now have 0/8 of the required buildings...

I posted this in the bug reports thread, not sure if it's more appropriate here:

"I'm playing with the latest SVN build (495) and when I found a religion and get to choose one, I selected Confucianism. Then the same window popped up again, asking me to choose a religion except this time Confucianism wasn't on the list. I can't get rid of this second pop-up: no matter what I select it doesn't go away."

I have since replicated this error. It seems to be consistent. I have to ctrl-alt-del to end the game.

EDIT: I'd like to try the 1.76 beta 5, i.e. before the SVN build, but the patch won't work for me. Can someone repack the files from that installer for me?

Base Maintenance depends on era...not quite sure what are you reporting, let me see if I have it straight:

Courthouses are reporting a decrease in the base maintenance, but give no decrease?

Please correct me if I'm wrong...but what I think is being reported is that the belief is that courthouses are supposed to remove 25% of TOTAL maintenance, not just base maintenance - meaning that courthouses in cities CURRENTLy, no matter how far away from your capital, remove the same amount of maintenance cost overall. Courthouses should be MORE beneficial to build in cities that are farther away from the capital. I believe this is what is intended by the posts.......instead of simply taking 25% off base-maintenance which is always 1, it should be 25% off all-maintenance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...but what I think is being reported is that the belief is that courthouses are supposed to move 25% of TOTAL maintenance, not just base maintenance - meaning that courthouses in cities, no matter how far away from your capital, remove the same amount of maintenance cost overall. Courthouses should be MORE beneficial to build in cities that are further away from the capital. I believe this is what is intended by the posts.......instead of simply taking 25% off base-maintenance which is always 1, it should be 25% off all-maintenance.

I thought I was clear, but if I was not, this is what I mean :)

I posted this in the bug reports thread, not sure if it's more appropriate here:

"I'm playing with the latest SVN build (495) and when I found a religion and get to choose one, I selected Confucianism. Then the same window popped up again, asking me to choose a religion except this time Confucianism wasn't on the list. I can't get rid of this second pop-up: no matter what I select it doesn't go away."

I have since replicated this error. It seems to be consistent. I have to ctrl-alt-del to end the game.

EDIT: I'd like to try the 1.76 beta 5, i.e. before the SVN build, but the patch won't work for me. Can someone repack the files from that installer for me?

I am uploading a repacked beta5 update file now. I will send you a PM with link when done.

Confirmed - getting the same error with SVN Build 496. I was playing with options "Choose Religions" but not the option "limited religions"

Confirmed - getting the same error with SVN Build 496. I was playing with options "Choose Religions" but not the option "limited religions"

Couple of us have seen this error, I reported it over a week ago when I was using both Choose Religions and Limited Religions. Maybe the problem is with the Choose Religions module?

Also, the "Limited Religions" game option, whereby you can't found a new religion if you control a Holy City, appears to not work at all.

Also, the "Limited Religions" game option, whereby you can't found a new religion if you control a Holy City, appears to not work at all.

I think Limited Religions works ok.... though I haven't been able to specifically test it, the games I play the religions seem to spread out like you would expect. I was just having the problem with Choose Religions.

I think the industrial era "transformer" buildings like the aluminium factory, the ammo factory, oil refinery etc. should be tweaked a bit. A limit on how many can be build would be very pleasant. Also, for some reason they are rated very highly by the "suggestion engine" (dunno how to name it better...) and thus are suggest to be built in each and every city, completely disregarding that there are multiple facilities already in other cities, providing all the resources that are required anyway. This is pretty annoying, as the building only has to offer some :yuck: and no bonus at all. They should be rated far worse, obviously. And that's also why a limit would be nice. There is hardly any good reason for building more than a handful of them in any case (even when supplying allies).

This was about the most buggering thing in my current marathon game on PerfectWorld2, making micromanaging cities a tad annoying as now I have to scroll down the list all the time (suggestions not always are great, but at least sometimes they DO make sense and prevent a lot of mousewheel-torture)

I think the industrial era "transformer" buildings like the aluminium factory, the ammo factory, oil refinery etc. should be tweaked a bit. A limit on how many can be build would be very pleasant. Also, for some reason they are rated very highly by the "suggestion engine" (dunno how to name it better...) and thus are suggest to be built in each and every city, completely disregarding that there are multiple facilities already in other cities, providing all the resources that are required anyway. This is pretty annoying, as the building only has to offer some :yuck: and no bonus at all. They should be rated far worse, obviously. And that's also why a limit would be nice. There is hardly any good reason for building more than a handful of them in any case (even when supplying allies).

This was about the most buggering thing in my current marathon game on PerfectWorld2, making micromanaging cities a tad annoying as now I have to scroll down the list all the time (suggestions not always are great, but at least sometimes they DO make sense and prevent a lot of mousewheel-torture)

I'd lay solid bets the AI mis-manages these too

Afforess, you said you merged the latest RevDCM into this version, right?
Well, you forgot to merge in Glider1's Spy AUA action.
Or did you see it and did not want to merge it in?

Top Bottom