Rhye's and Fall of Asia - RFCA

Is anyone else getting no trade route income at all? The routes appear in the city screen but without any commerce. Not sure what could cause this, but it happened when I played the Zhou and Harappans. Do I have to research a tech for the routes to start working?

Thanks for this mod, it's really great!

Is anyone else getting no trade route income at all? The routes appear in the city screen but without any commerce. Not sure what could cause this, but it happened when I played the Zhou and Harappans. Do I have to research a tech for the routes to start working?

Thanks for this mod, it's really great!

It's kind of a feature. As long as you got Barter as a civic, trade routes within your own empire are worthless. With open borders you get a little, but the best way is researching Priesthood f.e. so you can switch civics.
It's open for discussion, of course:)

Well, here it is, as promised.

Here is the current changelog:
Spoiler :
1. Removed Tokugawa from DiplomacyInfos.xml
2. Added TXT_KEYs for civic strategies
3. Added art for Legalist School and Pound Lock
4. Changed art for Dongtian
5. added art for the Balangay
6. actual art for the new barb units instead of red cones
7. New art for the Khampa Horseman
8. Added the latest version of Gaozong
9. Added Han UP (keep in mind that it's just temporary); Power of Rebellion: Extra stability hit for enemy on city conquest.
10. Fixed some python errors in cityname.py and victory.py

Not much so far, and no changes in gameplay. But it makes life a bit more enjoyable;)

I'm thinking about new UHVs to add for the missing ones for the next bugfix version, but i'm still a little angsty about screwing too much with Black Whole's work.
Any interest in a revolution?

EDIT: "Credits! Don't forget the Credits!" the audience yelled.
The buildings are from the great "History of the Three Kingdoms" mod; Bakuel and Ambrox made the units, and the model for the Balangay is a conversion from Empire Earth 2, smells like Walter Hawkwood did this. Actually meant to be a egyptian Work Boat, but it still fits imo.

what kind of revolution?

In a sense of not just luting bugs.
Fool around with the files, you know. Changing some values and see what happens. Try out new UHVs, maybe finding better ones. The last version did take some time and out of boredom i coded new stuff in, some turned out to be quite entertaining, others didn't:)
For example, we all make some suggestions and i try to code them in (it should be possible as long it just requires python or XML). If they get approved by the audience, they will be in the next version, otherwise the old status will return.

I just love to tamper with the game;)

Nice. If you have an idea, just post it.
I'm trying right now to convert my old UHVs to the new version. Maybe we can use some of them;)

any possibilty that you can list them?

Edit: just letting you guys know I'm fine too. Wasn't anyway near where those terror actions happened, but rather in another city. It's sad though, that one extremist (who for once was a christian, something that should remind everybody that terrorism and Islam is NOT the same thing) can do so much harm... :(

It's good to know that you're fine. I worried a little.
Stupid fascists.

If you want to know the exact changes so far:
Spoiler :
Changing the Seleukids to Indo-Greeks, including new unit art. It's up to you decide what feels better; don't mind making me cry:p

New UHVs for Korea:
1. Have the most revealed map in 670 AD
2. Be the first to discover Education, Seafaring and Printing
3. Sink 25 ships

Altered Ghaznavids UHVs:
1. Have at least 10000 Culture in 1100AD
2. Have at least 45000 Culture in 1230AD
3. Make sure every city has at least 12000 Culture in 1330AD (I have to code something in that gifting cities away or losing them will make this UHV a fail
Later, maybe a new UB like a "Symposium" or something, it's a shame that the Persian Apothecary art isn't used at all. Same goes for the Buddhist temple from Vanilla, which can become the new art for the Pagoda. The current art is also the Monument for the chinese.

New third UHV for Tibet:
Convert 6 civs to Buddhism (which means civs that doesn't start with it do count)
Don't know if it's possible in the new version, in the last version it turned to be a not-fail:)
And reversing the changes that where caused by me: Dzekshim Sculputre gives a free artist and no crossing borders without an agreement for the Boddisv...Buddhist Missionary. Another examples for a failed proposal.

Changing some colors.

Another attempt about Islam: Popping up a city somewhere, founding Islam there, destroying the city and showing "Makkah (Arabian)" in the Religion Advisor. Right now, playing with the Ghaznavids, you get a popup that you founded Islam. Not meant to be, i guess.

Doing something about the uber-Maurya. Think of it as a zombie, and what we need is a chainsaw. Right now it's a constant stability hit from 550AD on, which is of course only a temporarily solution. Still thinking about a better one.

Same goes for Korea; they wasn't that strong before. Shenyang, i'm looking at you :nono:

In the long run, changing some UHV dates to a little more accurate, you may see it in the above dates. It's more of an aestetic issue that 1200 AD is overpresent.

All i could do in one day ;)
Downloadable tomorrow, i still have to playtest a little.
If you have an idea, post it as soon as possible, because i only have time to do this in some weekends:(

... I like those changes ... which means .... I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

:joke:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, i'm done. The changes i talked about earlier (except that Ghaznavids still have their old UB because i couldn't think of a witty effect)

Please make a backup copy before overwriting your files.

I played a few more games...

I played as the Mongols, even without the UHVs. I got a domination victory in probably one of the most fun games I've played in a while :goodjob: The Mongols' UP makes them way overpowered as a human player, but I like it that way :) The way they are now, it would be better to give them UHVs that wouldn't lead to a domination victory, like razing 30 cities or something.

I'd agree that the Yuezhi are a little easy, if you know what you're doing. More barb pressure would probably balance it out pretty well.

I like the Gokturks' UU, but I haven't played with it much.

The Majapahit civ still has a problem with massive inflation. After conquering four cites (indie and Sri Vijayan) and using all the settlers, I'd have about -150:gold: with 0% on all the sliders. The worst part was that the inflation would go up about as fast as I could build economic buildings :( I guess that explains why the AI was so reluctant to expand in the other games I played... I really have no idea how to remedy it, tbh

For the stability maps, the word "instable" should be "unstable." Apparently it is a word, but I've never heard anyone say "instable."

The best part is that you still play this modmod although you got a thing on your own:D

I'm trying to recompile the DLL this weekend, and i promise that the first thing i do is completly turn off inflation for the Majapahit:lol: Honestly, that makes them just impossible to play.

The Mongols are the only civ i never played but that does sound like a lot of fun. Razing cities might be a good UHV actually.

Only a few problems, at the beginning I get a message about the Tokagawa's diplomacy and some civiolopedia texts are missing, but there have been a lot of improvements since the first version. Good job! :goodjob:

Only a few problems, at the beginning I get a message about the Tokagawa's diplomacy and some civiolopedia texts are missing, but there have been a lot of improvements since the first version. Good job! :goodjob:

In Post #863, the attachment contains a bunch of files, also solving the Tokugawa bug (it's CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml, to be precise).
I'm currently working on the civopedia entries, i guess on friday i have a present for the community;)

Never mind.

Would you mind showing gameplay as the Seleucid Empire?

Would you mind showing gameplay as the Seleucid Empire?

A walkthrough?
It's meant to be tough, because the Greeks didn't too well in Asia in history. If you want that i can write it nevertheless:)

For some reason, after the autoplay turns as the Seleucids finish, the game crashes. I've tried editing the XML, but it doesn't work.

Now i get it:)
What did you install (any files i uploaded?) and how many times did you try to reload?

Top Bottom