veBear's maps

Hello,

Your maps are very interesting. I think i will adapt one of them to our mod: Age of Discovery. Of course, you won't be forget in the "credits". ;)

Questions:
- Is there anything special to do to remove the starting locations ? I wish to add very specific location (Spain in Spain, Rome in Italy, etc...).
- More or less same questions with the resources. I wish to add our mod specific resources at the right place.
- I want this map/scenario to be played on era middle age, renaissance and early industrial. Anything special to do ?

Note: I use notepad++ to modify the maps. I'm not at all a map builder. I only upgrade maps to be playable with TR mod.

Thx.

Well, open the map in Notepad++ and search for StartingPlot. Delete all these lines. Then search for Resources and set the RandomizedResources tag to false. Since there are no preset tech and so on, you should have no problems with an edited tech tree etc., so that should be fine.

Well, open the map in Notepad++ and search for StartingPlot. Delete all these lines. Then search for Resources and set the RandomizedResources tag to false. Since there are no preset tech and so on, you should have no problems with an edited tech tree etc., so that should be fine.

Great ! :)

I have tested your map on vanilla civ4. Very nice.
Nevertheless, we will be happy if you agree on making the same map with ....Mexico and a bit more of South America. The goal is too try to add the Aztec, if possible the Incan (or a part of them) and the various tribes on the African and South American Coasts.

Whatever is your answer, great job. Your maps are nice.
If you agree, PM me please.

Hian the Frog.

Sorry, but I do not have time to do that. Have enough at my hands already ;)

I instantly want to play a game on that map! The only thing I regret is, that I didn't ask you earlier, whether you could do practically the same map but with a turned angle, including more of Italy and Sicily to be the ultimate map for an ancient Punic Wars scenario, both for use in TAM and PAE.

Speaking of the latter, version III will be released within the next days and you will find a map of yours included (if you have no objections, of course), that I expanded to the north to allow for Vandals and Germans. I hope I kept up the quality of the lower two thirds of the map and didn't ruin it;).

@Keinpferd
I'm sure your edits to the map looks great.

And now, to the news... I have finally released my 500AD map. Download here

Thanks nitram

I have attached a picture of the Next scenario that will be up, 750 AD. Here you will be able to lead the following civs:
Abbasid Caliphate (Arabia) - Harun al-Rashid (Saladin)
Caroligneans Empire (HRE) - Charlemagne
Byzantine Empire - Michael III (Justinian)
Norse Kingdoms (Vikings) - Ragnar Lodbrok
Emirate of Córdoba (Arabia) - Abd ar-Rahman I (Cyrus)
Tang Dynasty (China) - Xuanzong (Qin Shi Huang)
Tibetan Empire (Mongols) - Trisong Detsen (Darius)
Sri Vijaya Confederacy (Khmer) - Dharmasetu (Surajavarwhatever)
Yamato Japan - Kammu (Tokugawa)
Kingdom of Aksum (Ethiopia) - Wedem 'Asfare (Zara Yaqob)
Pala Empire (India) - Gopala (Asoka)
Khazar Khaganate (Mongols) - Bulan (Brennus)
Uighur Khaganate (Mongols) - Tengri Bögö (Genghis Khan)
Maya Cities - Pacal II

And we have three minor, non-playable ones:
Wari Empire (Inca)
Toltec Nation (Aztecs)
North-American Tribes (Native America)

That is all info I provide you at the moment...

Last Scenario out (I will retire after this)
Check in post 3

750 AD. Here you will be able to lead the following civs:
Abbasid Caliphate (Arabia) - Harun al-Rashid (Saladin)
Caroligneans Empire (HRE) - Charlemagne
Byzantine Empire - Michael III (Justinian)
Norse Kingdoms (Vikings) - Ragnar Lodbrok
Emirate of Córdoba (Arabia) - Abd ar-Rahman I (Cyrus)
Tang Dynasty (China) - Xuanzong (Qin Shi Huang)
Tibetan Empire (Mongols) - Trisong Detsen (Darius)
Sri Vijaya Confederacy (Khmer) - Dharmasetu (Surajavarwhatever)
Yamato Japan - Kammu (Tokugawa)
Kingdom of Aksum (Ethiopia) - Wedem 'Asfare (Zara Yaqob)
Pala Empire (India) - Gopala (Asoka)
Khazar Khaganate (Mongols) - Bulan (Brennus)
Uighur Khaganate (Mongols) - Tengri Bögö (Genghis Khan)
Maya Cities - Pacal II

And we have three minor, non-playable ones:
Wari Empire (Inca)
Toltec Nation (Aztecs)
North-American Tribes (Native America)

Apart from that this looks somewhat familiar to me, I´m a bit surprised you combined genuine historical feel with anachronistic things like modern city names (Dhaka, Bangla Desh, Islamabad in pre-islam Pakistan, Srivijaya wasn´t a confederacy but a kingdom, Charlemagne ruled the Carolingian empire). Otherwise interesting to see 750 AD reloaded. ;)

Well... I wasn't compleately happy with the other 750 AD, so I made my own. But you are the master of map-making JEELEN, so you would honour me by doing some city-name correction and so on. And that confederacy thing, I did read on Wiki that Sri Vijaya were more of a loose confederacy of states than a kingdom, so that's why :)

I'M DOING A COMEBACK! (for a short while, but I'm not into modding anything huge 'n' fancy)
I'll upload a newer version of the Scandinavia and Middle-America maps soon(er or later). These will include pre-set resources (some realistic, some not so realistic) and pre-defined starting-plots (though where you start are still random). I'll include both the old and the new versions in the re-uploads.
Apart from that I have also created a Standard earth map with pre-placed resources in three versions. 1st version is random startingplace, 2nd version is with Ancient civilizations (similar to Rhye's Earth) and 3rd version is with the 18 civs from vanilla (similar to Rhye's Earth 18 Civs). These are already finished, and I'll upload as soon as I stop being lazy :p

Good to see you well and alive. Your Central Mediterranean is probably still the number one most beautiful map that I've seen so far (and no, one shouldn't make inflationary use of superlatives).

If PAE IV comes out (in about two weeks), please check it out, for it now contains most of the oriental ancient civs, as well, from Nubians to Hebrews and Parthians, including the ones east of Persia such as Bactrians and Indians, so, maybe that's going to give you new map theme ideas.

NEW MAP! :king:

Africa:
Spoiler :
Africa (Huge)
- 1 Continent + Islands (Including Madagascar, St. Helena, Gran Canaria etc.)
- Predefined, somewhat accurate Resources (For realistic gameplay)
- Randomized starting locations (For unique gameplay every time)
- Huge size (11 Civs default)

Africa (Huge) Randomized
- 1 Continent + Islands (Including Madagascar, St. Helena, Gran Canaria etc.)
- Randomized Resources (For unique gameplay every time)
- Randomized starting locations (For unique gameplay every time)
- Huge size (11 Civs default)

Oh thank you for making Africa! I made this request some time ago (doubt thats why you made it) but nonetheless your a lifesaver, i really will need this in the future, anyway it looks great though!

veBear (from DL page) said:
I remember playing an africa map back in the days of vanilla Civ4, but that's years ago now. So yesterday I decided to find that map again and try it. I searched around a bit, and found it and was shocked over the bad quality this map was. So I decided to provide you a worhy map of the continent. Includes two versions.

That is why I made it ;)

I don't know how many time you have veBear, but can I make a request?
Can you create a map of Egypt, Syria, a little part of Arabia and Palestine, but including Cyprus too?
I mean can you create a map about this picture, please:

I'm making a Napoleon Mod, and it would be really appreciated if you'd help with the maps. Don't worry, i just have 2 requests for you. And this Egyptian is the first (he second is northern italy btw, but I'll post a picture what I *exactly* need.) Thank you REALLY MUCH!! !:)
Nitram.

EDIT: Both maps can be at medium size, thanks!

Attachments

• request.gif
    request.gif
    87.8 KB · Views: 314
IDK if I have time now. Summer vacation is over and RL is catching up and I have a some stuff to finish first. Maybe. I will think about it, and if I do it, I will notify you.

Top Bottom