SprylliNES IV: The Eternal Myth

She's been planning to do that, actually.

Umm I thought I posted that story. I remember writing it. He accepted it... I'll be looking for that story now. Maybe I'll rewrite it tomorrow if I can't find it. Until then, party time?!

The House of Micil under Trillidys adopts flagellant practices and starts to attack the rest of the city.

I don't remember that. I remember being hassled about how I wasn't interacting with the other factions because I was more internally focused, I remember trying to adopt a more integrationist policy towards demons.

Maybe this plan has, to some extent, backfired and led Trilidys to darker and darker places, but I don't remember starting off acting like some sort of supervillain. I just wanted to be ninja assassins with desegregationist demon policy. Not rampaging weirdos, that was all Carracinolas' fault, and it didn't happen at the start.

But I accept it as part of the anti-demon moral tone of this game. Fine, I'm not trying to really get any traction here, just felt like defending my character. Where's that update?

OCC:

There is at least one more item, if I remember. Scholar's Grievance, a pickax given by Gritchen to Cephas which has been passed down through the generations. I don't know what it does, but I would say it does something.

IC:

Lerquinas arrived back at the High District to find people looking at him if he were crazy. Not because they didn't think he was a bit odd in his recent demeanor, but because he was smiling. In the old days, no one came back from talking with the Queen had a smile on their face. Many had heard the odd groan had feared that the High Priest was no more, or at least, no longer High Priest

Lerquinas smiled because the new Queen, the new Trustee, seemed to not be a terror. Ednas might be someone whom his line could serve with, rather than serve independently. Lerquinas felt good, but just as he approached the council chamber, he knew that the time was right to deal with The Cursed Gift. The item was unknown to the tribal council. Aldon The Librarian could find no mention of it in the archives and Meca The Scholar could discern its properties physical. Lerquinias could detect some level of mystical property to the Gift, but only whispers that taunted and mocked the gods. So, it had been decided that the Gift would be stored and examined periodically until the tribal council could decide what to do with it.

So, Lerquinas called together the tribal council. When they had assembled, Lerquinas bade that the gift be brought forward for examination. Petras The Acolyte called out and a man brought forth a small stone box. The Acolyte opened the box and pulled out the Caacrinolas's Earring. He then gently set it upon a nearby dias. "The Devil's item feels both hot and cold." Petras commented.

"The cursed thing is a bane upon us all as long as it remains withing this city." Heggen the Adjuncator proclaimed.

"Perhaps, but we have no means of safely getting rid of it." Meca frowned. "We cannot seal it up, lest the evil work whisper foul deeds into the ears of others, nor can we keep an eye eternally upon it, for there are none of us here in the city whose eye won't fail."

"Each tribal head will have received some sort of 'gift' from the demon. I have a feeling it is the cause of Myra's disappearance." Lerquinas's words brought troubled looks from his peers. "Perhaps this item will cause my demise as well. I do not know. I do not wish to consult our Queen, for she has her own gift to deal with. For now, we shall keep it where we may watch it, and where we may watch each other. Together we can resist the flow and ebb of the Devil. We may well fail as Meca says, but we shall at least have tried."

Freeman: Sorry, I completely misunderstood. Your story's fine.

Quisani: I've added the pick.

SKILORD: Sorry if I've missed the point. I took this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10269113&postcount=139 for an attack on the rest of the city and this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10262927&postcount=135 for flagellant practices. If I've got it wrong please correct me.

Anony: I can't find it and I've searched the thread for the word "harpoon"; so if you don't post anything before I manage to update then I'll assume you've just taken it and not used it for anything.

Post number 266 is the one where the depth roller accepted the gift. Frast hasn't received it yet. It is sitting at the bottom of the lake, possessed by the murky lord.

Update 5

Everyone knows that the gifts of a demon are tainted. This is an ancient proverb, and very true indeed. Demons are adept at trickery, and it was here that it showed itself most clearly, because the Dark Master gave to each of the chieftains of the cities of the plain a gift, with a promise saying what it would do. All the promises lied foully. I will tell you, then, why you should never trust the gifts of a demon, by mentioning in turn the fates of the chieftains of Neroel, and how fortune visited each unpredictably and brought upon each a fate that could not have been predetermined, but was in no case what the Dark Master had promised, and was, indeed, always precisely the opposite. [OOC: This rule only applies to this particular set of gifts, not to all demons' gifts necessarily.]

It was in this generation that the Hillmen came together around Neroel, and began to make war on each other, when the Dark Master's Hammer came to Kazu, a chieftain of the Hillmen, when he was surrounded by his fellow-tribesmen, with a message saying that the Hammer would "help [him] to unite his people". So, on the contrary, inspired by envy and fear that Kazu was allying himself with the demons, another chieftain of the Hillmen almost strangled Kazu on the spot, and the Hillmen fell once again to increased dissension and chaos. The hammer would be an object of conflict among the Hillmen for many years.

The Dark Master sent Endas a bell, which she placed in the Library of Falsehoods to protect all Neroel from it, knowing that it would be a destructive, demonic object; the bell, though, was transformed by this measure. It had been supposed to be a bell that could summon anyone to Endas and protect its owner. Now it became the opposite, a bell that could propel itself against whatever Endas's true wishes were, and protect itself from Endas as well. Therefore, whatever Endas wanted the bell to do, it would do the very opposite. [OOC: Seon, that means you, as a player, control the bell now. You say what it does, which has to be precisely the opposite of what you actually want it to do. OK? :p]

Lerquinas wisely stored his gift, the earring, which was said to bestow great powers of hearing, and so it did no harm and had no effect on him.

The god Mulhudullimillolotodull received the trident joyfully. It was supposed to seal his dominion over the deep forever, but it did not do anything of the sort: no-one knew this, but it ensured that Mulhudullimillolotodull's dominion would never be absolute as long as he held his trident, which he did. It is because of his trident that the god, although he does not realise it, has never been able to reign anywhere without the service of his High Vizier and the mermen, because of the fact that the gifts of a demon are tainted.

Myra put on the Right Glove, and goaded her donkey with it. It imparted great strength, but, on the other hand, it was not her but the donkey that gained great strength, and rode at incredible speeds across the whole world, and also became, as promised, able to control what it could not control before. In the donkey's case that meant its rider. Thus the glove made the donkey strong and wild and gave it control over Myra, rather than Myra controlling the donkey, and thus the donkey rode off, never to be seen again. As Endas searched for Myra, this is what she noticed: she was riding at enormous speed across the world and was quite unable to stop.

Myra's departure caused the throne of Midnae to be contested between the sons of Mysilerte by the three chief magistrates. These sons were Gamory, Apries, and Catisin. Gamory was killed, while Apries fled to Prillitas at Neroel, and Catisin seized the throne. Catisin took Myra's Quiver of poisoned arrows, of which nineteen now remained, and her powerful Axe, not the original Axe of Midnas (as that was enclosed in the great brazen tower at Midnae), but rather the one that had been handed down through the House of Midnas over the years.

Prillitas shot the Arrow the Dark Master had given him away into a cliff, and his great-nephew Meitas recovered it and took it. Prillitas's servant found the Left Glove from the Dark Master that Myra had dropped, and Prillitas gave it to Apries. The army of Prillitas's House, along with Apries's followers, set off for Midnae, and laid siege to it. Meitas and Apries rode on the same horse, with Meitas riding, and Apries carrying his dagger in his right hand, and he had his gloved left hand on Meitas's shoulder. Now, as we now know, the glove imparts great strength not to the wearer, but to whatsoever the wearer applies it to: just as the Right Glove gave strength to the donkey, just so did the Left Glove give enormous strength to Meitas as he drew his bow and aimed his demonic Arrow at Catisin.

The Dark Master had promised that the Arrow did not easily miss and what it struck did not easily survive; so, of course, when Meitas fired the arrow at Catisin, it missed him, but the force of the shot was so great that the enchanted arrow struck unconscious every single man in Catisin's army except Catisin himself. What the arrow struck easily survived, of course, and not one of the men in the army was actually dead. Catisin then shot every arrow in his bow in turn at Meitas and Apries, but the glove was still on Meitas's shoulder, and so all the arrows glanced off his imperturbable body as he rode directly at Catisin, except the last one, which passed under Meitas's arm and struck Apries in the heart just before Meitas came directly up to Catisin. As the poison spread through Apries's body, he held onto Meitas's shoulder just long enough to tumble down from his horse with the dagger unsheathed right next to Catisin. Apries stabbed his brother in the leg with the dagger that cut wounds that could never heal. Apries then died, and his brother perished a mere three minutes later.

Soon enough, the army of Catisin awoke from its enchanted sleep to find Apries's army in possession of the city and both the brothers dead. With all the noblest men of the Gemorans and the House of Horsehammer standing around, the people all hailed Gamory's son Clorigine the new King. They loaded Meitas and all his men with presents in delight at the demise of the three greedy brothers, and Meitas and his army rode away to Neroel.

King Clorigine returned Myra's Left Glove to Meitas and also gave him Myra's dagger as a present. When Meitas returned home, he found that his great-uncle had died while he had been away, and, in triumph, Meitas was acclaimed Chief of the House of Horsehammer.

Meanwhile, Cacrinolle was refortified and newly adorned by the Dark Master and Trilidys and their followers, who were also joined by some of the Hillmen who had been expelled by their countrymen. Trilidys died and was replaced in time by his son Pederic, named after his ancestor. Lerquinas similarly began the rebuilding and redecoration of Neroel, and when he died in his old age his son Cephas the Tame continued his great works, still under the guidance of the now ancient scholar Meca. A generation after the Demon's gifts, then, some say that the Devil had once again failed to frustrate Man's progress towards civilisation and greatness. Indeed, the three cities of the plain were richer and greater than ever before, Neroel with its golden turrets, Cacrinolle with its black castellations gleaming with scarlet, and Midnae with its beautiful brazen tower and fine earth-built walls.

This was how the world was, when the Mopolachesthents reached the lands north of the plain of the three cities, and their legions of golden armour could be seen gleaming in the distance some way from Cacrinolle, and the Mopolachesthents sent a message to the city of Cacrinolle, saying:

Hail, inhabitants of this city, whoever you are. Tell us, why should we not come to you and visit you with utter destruction? For our legions are immense and we have spirits of uncommon strength, who will cast out from anywhere the inferior spirits and demons who live under the dominion of any other than our Lord the Destroyer and his Son the Creator: for only by destroying the spirits and plundering the men shall we bring Creation upon the world. We wish to destroy, but we will hear you first if you do not wish to be destroyed, that we may laugh at your crying for mercy before sheer devestation visits you, as it visited the men of Frast the Goat-Tamer in ages gone by.

A generation has passed.

Seon is Endas the Younger, the Witch and the Undying Queen of Neroel
Quisani is Cephas the Tame, son of Lerquinas the Bold, son of Pollix the Brave, descendant of Cephas the Wildman, High Priest in Neroel
LDiCesare is Meitas the Victorious, great-nephew of Prillitas the the Far-shooting, the younger brother of Echlas the Tamer of Beasts, descendant of Dontas Horsehammer, Chieftain in Neroel

The Hillmen, a tribe in Neroel and outside it, are still not united.

SKILORD is Pederic the Tall, son of Trilidys the Mighty, son of Micil, son of Pederic, descendant of Micil the Brave, Chieftain in Cacrinolle
freemanuncg is the Dark Master, formerly Caacrinolas, a spirit released by Endas the Elder, currently living in Cacrinolle

Clorigine, son of Gamory, King of Midnae and the Gemorans, is free and really needs a player!

Anonymoose is Frast, now extremely old, descendant of Frast Over-the-Lake, High Vizier of Mulhudullimillolotodull

List of Objects/Assets of Importance:

Axe of Midnas: In an imperturbable brazen tower in Midnae.

Knife used to defeat Beast: Unknown.

The Dark Master's Bell: In the possession of Endas, in the Library of Falsehoods.

Earring: In the possession of Cephas.

Scholar's Grievance: In the possession of Cephas.

Arrow: In the possession of Meitas.

Endas's Bell: In the possession of Meitas.

Cloth that turned into wings: In the possession of Meitas.

Hammer: In the possession of the Hillmen.

Harpoon: In the possession of Frast.

Trident: In the possession of Mulhudullimillolotodull.

Myra's Donkey: In the possession of Myra.

Myra's Right Glove: In the possession of Myra.

Myra's Left Glove: In the possession of Meitas.

Myra's Dagger: In the possession of Meitas.

Fake Axe of Midnas: In the possession of Clorigine.

Myra's Horse: In the possession of <you know who you are>.

Myra's Groom: In the possession of <you know who you are>.

Pearl Ring: In the possession of the Dark Master.

Trillidys's Sword: In the possession of Trillidys.

Anony: I still don't see what happened to the harpoon, and if you could write something about that that would be good.

Seon: The Glove. :p

All: I've changed my mind actually. You can make new objects if you want to, although I still urge you to use existing ones if you can.

Oh I'm dumb. yeah I'll get a story together. SWEET UPDATE, DAWG.
EDIT: AND HERE IT IS!

Frast's old frame writhed in his bunk. He was in magnificent pain constantly, and his spirit wept openly to the Murky Lord at all times. Cancerous growths that were excised from his skin had somehow grown inward, and all of his organs were now screaming to his mind. He wanted to let go of life and sink to the deep, but he could not. He was afraid of the depths, even knowing his deep lord's omnipotence therein. He grasped the crimson and obsidian harpoon, his only source of comfort in these late days. His son, the younger Frast, came in with a bowl of lake water for the Vizier. He found the old man's gnarled remains. Despite the High Vizier's unwillingness to die, Mulhudullimillolotodull did not cure his cancers, and did not give him any more time. The specter of death had come and snuffed out the spiritual flame of Frast the elder, High Vizier of Mulhudullimillolotodull. Frast dragged the corpse unceremoniously to the edge of the floating city and tossed him and his precious relic to the depth roller. No endearing memories were shared. As the corpse drifted to the deep, Frast whispered to his father,
"You were a weak, faithless wretch, and I will serve the wave-tosser as you never did... wholeheartedly and without reservation"
The few onlookers that witnessed it from afar imagined the kind words of a son to his father, and were already lovingly accepting the new High Vizier. Oh, such a noble family... strong in their faith and willingness to serve Mulhudullimillolotodull.

ALSO EDIT: So Frast accepted it, and now Mulhudullimillolotodull will receive it with the corpse of Frast. This probably seems convoluted now, but trust me on this one. I will take time later to write a story about WHY the depth roller wants it. :D This is ossim.

OOC:

Prillitas finds and gets drunk on Meitas's beer and founds a brewery.

Actually it's a distillery. There's a huge difference. Like 50°. Distilleries are actually very advanced compared to breweries, the mechanisms involved are more complex and result in much stronger alcohol (although you can also use distilate perfumes).

Wow....

I'm at a loss to understand why the people in the city seem to see the gifts as dangerous especially since one of the rules of the treaty is that the demons can threaten the city neither directly or indirectly lol for example quisani's was just supposed to allow him to better understand the words or intentions of the god like entities that speak to him, but whatever.

Also the deep roller's gift certinly isnt tainted and was given and recieved in good faith, whats with all the demon racism??

More importantly the gifts did NOT come from Caacrinolas he was the tip of the Dark Masters mighty horn and was reabsorbed into the Dark Master in post >>>>>>259<<<<<<<< and is for all intents and purposes removed from the game so please refer to the gifts as the Dark Master's gifts or the devils gifts or something (I was super tired of spelling Caacrinolas). The Main difference being that Caacrinolas was a Demon which sort of limited him to being only evil or mailcious the Dark Master (not a Demons) is certinly the ruler of all the armies of the fallen and dammed but he isnt evil just concerned about his people and trying to make a good life for them as my stories have shown. And since the Dark Master is not a demon and is in no wat limited by the restrictions on demon kind his gifts are in no way tainted unless somehow changed by their owners (like ednas's bell) as once the gifts were given what was done with them was out of his mighty hands...

OOC: From post 136:
Meitas still wore the bat-like wings on his back / Meinas took off his bat-wings as if they were some cloth, and, indeed, that's what they used to be.
So the list of items should include Meitas' cloth that turns into wings (a cloth that used to be wings that used to be demon wings that used to be a cloth).

Meitas the victorious... He always smiled when he overheard people calling him that. His late uncle would have called him 'the trickster' instead, but he died before everyone would have followed his example [OOC: couldn't answer before the update].
He was still a boy when he had been given this nickname, when he had led a prince to a battle with hardly any dead, and a strange victory it had been. But Meitas had found it easy to convince everybody he was a winner of battles.
Now he was a grown man. A man full of charm and charms. He opened the door of the small storage-room that only he had access to, in the highest room of the highest tower of Neroel. A tower made of bricks of all colours and with a roof of gold that he had erected with some of the presents brought by the Gemorans, and some of the profits brought by the alcohol he sold to all the cities.
There, in the small room, he looked at the cloth that turned into wings when he wore them. There was also a small bell, which warned of danger. The only item Meitas often took with him. Next to it was Myra's dagger, a nice weapon that even he durst not carry around for fear of pricking, and killing, someone accidentally. There was also an unstrung bow, with a feather attached at each end, which could call back the next of the items and ensure it never got lost. The arrow. And finally the glove. The two gifts of the demon.

The demon's gifts were cursed, but Meitas had been lucky and they had worked to his advantage in that fateful battle years back. He simply had to know in which twisted way they worked, and then it was a simple matter to use them just not in the way they had been made for.
The demon had sent gifts to Prillitas and Myra. He had sent gifts to the other chieftains too. Lerquinas had wisely sealed his. Endas, on the other hand, had stored the thing away. A pretty but light-headed servant that cleaned the Witch's palace had told Meitas all that she knew about it, and much more. A gift to Endas, from a demon that had all the reasons to loathe her more than anyone, had to have a lot of power. And Meitas thought he had an idea what it might be... He just had to take advantage of it.

LDi: Sorry; I'm inexperienced in alcoholic matters. :p I will correct it. I will also add the cloth, even if I thought that was a one-off incident.

Freeman:

Spoiler :
Hmm, I see what you mean in some of that, and I confess that I failed to preserve the consistency between the last update and the Treaty and that I completely missed the distinction between Caacrinolas and the Dark Master. On the other hand, you are a Demon. Do you not understand what the word "Demon" means? Or "Dark", for that matter? The whole tale is obviously biased in favour of the Neroelites, whose myth it clearly is, and it has to be accepted that the moral tone of these myths is liable to be "Don't trust Cacrinollites!" because this is essentially a Neroelite mythological cycle with a clear moral tone which ought, as normal for the genre, to be anti-demon.

You may not like the fact that your gifts did not serve the purpose that you intended them to serve, but this is not the point: you provide the gifts and the actions as the player, and I tell you how they turn out as the mod. Maybe it was a little bit unfair of me to make all your gifts turn out treacherous, but then again it was my moderatorial prerogative to do whatever I thought made the best myth.

All in all, though, what has happened has happened. I thought about what I was going to do, and I did what I did; I felt that it made a better plot for the gifts to act in the opposite way to the way they were meant to. I am not really trying to be 100% fair to the interests of each player, and if a player provides me with a magnificent and interesting way of making them seem treacherous, as you did, I will reward you with just that, because I am trying to make a good storyline as the mod, just as you are as the players.

This is the line I took an update or two ago on a similar issue, and I'm not changing my mind. I repeat that I think the plot device of the gifts was marvellous; well done; and that would stand regardless of what I did with them.

Anyway, you have Mopolachesthents to deal with now. :)

The whole point of post 259 is to add onto that the mythological history of the Shadow city.

I understand that they (the demonic people) are going to be a bit more devious and what not but as i said the Dark Master is not a demon, he is a god entity that preserves the Darkness and the creatures that dwell in it. Like in many ancient religions, the gods of the underworld arnt evil only dark. (Hades, Osiris, etc)

Had you considered that the people of this world, like our own, struggle with morality that is more of shades of gray that solid Black and White?

The Shadow is a servent of the Light for without light nothing would cast shadows and they would not exist. Not an opposing force but working in tandem to seek happiness in the plains near the great lake.

The only gift that that sould currently be trecherous was one that was changed by an attempt to destroy it by its owner, and was clearly shown to be greatly changed by ednas's attempt to disarm it. If they are All trecherous then her attemt to destroy/change it should make it something Different, harmless, a rubber ducky, i dont care but some consistancy would be nice.

Honestly that is what i always intended, the gifts were perfectly safe UNLESS you attempt to destroy them as ednas did.

The whole point of post 259 is to add onto that the mythological history of the Shadow city.

I understand that they are going to be a bit more devious and what not but as i said the Dark Master is not a demon, he is a god entity that preserves the Darkness and the creatures that dwell in it. Like in many ancient religions, the gods of the underworld arnt evil only dark. (Hades, Osiris, etc)

The Shadow is a servent of the Light for without light nothing would cast shadows and they would not exist. Not an opposing force but working in tandem to seek happiness in the plains near the great lake.

I shall bear that in mind.

The only gift that that sould currently be trecherous was one that was changed by an attempt to destroy it by its owner, and was clearly shown to be greatly changed by ednas's attempt to disarm it. If they were All trecherous then her attemt to destroy/change it should make it something Different. which is what i always intended the gifts were perfectly safe UNLESS you attempt to destroy them as ednas did.

I understand full well that you never intended them to be treacherous, but I decided that it suited the plot for them to turn out, or at least seem, treacherous to the people you gave them to. There are many ways of interpreting this, but it might be reasonable to say that what you intend is quite alien from what they desire, because you are a separate state that has been probably grossly misrepresented by my storytelling. Speaking from an ethnological perspective as an inhabitant of Modern Neroel, I have no doubt that your gifts were well intended and the myth essentially represents you being misrepresented by the Neroelites as Demons. If we were telling Cacrinollite mythology, maybe the Neroelites would be demons?

But however you look at it, I am the mod and I decided that your gifts were going to have treacherous effects. I know that isn't what you intended. I like it as a plot device though and I was exercising my right as mod to determine the effects of people's actions.

Your actions had effects that were, accidentally, opposite to the ones you intended, which is entirely in keeping with the amount of logic that exists in a myth.

As for the bell, I see no reason why the attempt of Endas to change it by placing it in the Library of Falsehoods should have any effect on it except placing it in the Library of Falsehoods.

because you are a separate state that has been probably grossly misrepresented by my storytelling. Speaking from an ethnological perspective as an inhabitant of Modern Neroel, I have no doubt that your gifts were well intended and the myth essentially represents you being misrepresented by the Neroelites as Demons. If we were telling Cacrinollite mythology, maybe the Neroelites would be demons?

Unless I am mistaken the story was Never set as the history of Modern Neroel it was the myth told by a third party (the prince in the oracle's tower), not about the city once lerone now neroel, but about the Whole history of the valley and lake. Not some trumped up mythological history of the single settlement of lerone but about the founding and creation of all three cities and the people and events that shaped them.

edit: I'm not trying to tell you how to run your game buut If you were to ask my opinion. I'd say you should go back to that prince in his tower narriation and stop moderating it as a citizen of 'modern Neroel' as it is taking some of the fun out of the game for the moderator to Constantly side with one faction over the others....

SKILORD: Sorry if I've missed the point. I took this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10269113&postcount=139 for an attack on the rest of the city and this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10262927&postcount=135 for flagellant practices. If I've got it wrong please correct me.

It's all ancient history, and while I might disagree with your interpretation I am not interested in getting involved in another round of demon-human bickering on this thread. I want to explain my perspective on my entry into the game, but I'm not going to try to argue further. These are just closing statements and are not intended to affect your timeline, I do not care I do not care I do not care.

Myra was an NPC and her clan was already in civil war and the way I described it they just kind of wandered too close to the South Wall with an armed force. I didn't know anything about going outside the city, and I wanted to write a fight scene for my ninjas and it seemed like the least offensive way to do so.

With regard to flagellant practices (ritualized scarification), I could split hairs all day, but it's close enough, I don't care what words you use. Flagellant usually implies some sort of guilt about something, it has all of these connotations within Catholic practice, I keep thinking of that albino in Da Vinci Code, and that mental image enrages me. That isn't your fault, it is Dan Brown's fault.

In conclusion, Nice Update.

To: Mopolachesthents

What I hear in your words, though your tone betrays a stark arrogance that I shouldn't ignore, is that you insist on laying your swords in surrender at the feet of the Dark Throne. Furthermore you do not care if you survive to kneel properly before the battlements of Cacrinolle. The Bloodsworn do not intend to be destroyed, and if you do not either then perhaps you should just continue to turn your armies against goat tamers and shepherds and leave this dark city in Peace.

But the Prince is a citizen, or rather ruler, of Neroel at a later time, Freeman, and that was always how I invisioned him, as was the man who was talking to him. You were mistaken if you thought it was entirely neutral; how can a myth be entirely neutral? It has to be someone's myth. Why would I have brought up concepts of good and evil, the devil and his demons, in the very first post, if I wanted it to be neutral?

SKILORD: Oh, I see. I'll correct the bit about Myra and I certainly didn't take you for mediaeval Catholics. :p

From King Mipithel of the Mopolachesthents
To Pederic the Puny

Are you the King of this little place our catapults are trained against?

Top Bottom