Celtic Fury

Then why announce it here?

A glimpse ahead at Celtic Fury’s next update…
Spoiler Teaser :
Royal Palace Complex
Entremont, Celtica
June 17, 1304 AD; 6:58 AM (Local Time)

Ambassador Ashtzaph arrived just a few minutes before 7:00 AM. One of several office secretaries looked up from his work and glanced over to the recent arrival. The Ambassador looked agitated; at least, more so than he had been just a few days earlier.

Tensions had been rising for months now and everyone knew it even though the two powers officially maintained an alliance. But today seemed different. Usually the Ambassador was very slow and deliberate about everything he did; from his speech, to his precise walking style. But not today. Today he was hurried. His beard was ragged and un-trimmed, and he was breathing heavily. Sweat could be seen on his brow. After welcoming the Ambassador politely, the secretary called the President to inform him of the Ambassador’s arrival.

King Brennus himself came out of his office just seconds later, holding a cup of steaming coffee and the Entremont Times’ sports section.

“Good morning Abdul, how have you been since we last talked?”

Ashtzaph took a moment to register the King’s voice before answering. “Not well recently,” he replied in a tone that betrayed his exhaustion, “I have not had much sleep, nor the time to worry about such things, Your Majesty.”

“All the more reason for you to come and sit down, Ambassador. I suppose we have much to discuss?” Brennus asked while maintaining his diplomatic but friendly air.

“No, nothing that will take long.” replied the Ambassador while glancing at his watch. It was just seconds from 7:00. “But we must talk immediately.”

A servant reopened the door and once the Ambassador and King were inside, closed it with a muted thud.

King Brennus walked back to his desk and sat down. As Ashtzaph took his seat, he looked out of the large window that covered the back wall and saw the sun rising over the Eastern Hills. Entremont’s modern skyscrapers gleamed like gems in the sunrise. The sounds of an awakening city could be heard outside of the Palace courtyard. Then he tore his eyes from the cityscape and turned to the King.

Realizing that he did not have long now, Ashtzaph pulled out a folder from his briefcase and placed it before King Brennus and took a deep breath. But just as the King reached over the desk to retrieve the file, a phone rang in the outer office, then another, and another. Brennus looked up in surprise and withdrew his hand from the sealed documents. It then moved over the blood-red phone and plucked it up deftly as it began ringing.

A single drop of sweat ran down the Ambassador’s forehead as the King’s face paled and his smile vanished. Ashtzaph glanced at his watch. It was 7:01. His gaze returned to Brennus and soon recognized that it must be Arminius, the King’s Army Minister, on the other side of the phone line. The Ambassador watched in silence as the King, his hand and voice steady, quietly told Arminius that he would call back soon. He put down the phone and stood. Walking over to the window, Brennus silently cursed as he looked at the serene view. It would not be so peaceful for much longer.

The Ambassador slunk deep into his chair and bowed his head. Realization dawned that his message would be taken in a different light now. He had failed. It had begun.
Chapter XVII: The Breaking of the Peace
COMING SOON!

Hurry up! Or else this will come:

............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Good Update!
You're a little late.
You can never be too late! Welcome to Celtic Fury! [party]
Hurry up!...
We've been waiting.
Yes, you have. Unfortunately, my English teacher decided she disagreed with my plans to update in October (unless I finish an Essay and the update tonight or tomorrow). I'd say we're looking at a mid to late November release of the update with maybe another teaser for the readers. *sigh* :sad:

Angry lynch mob forms!!! :deadhorse::deadhorse:
Wait! Is that the horse in my sig that you are beating?! I cannot let you get away with this! Yarghh!!!
:sniper::ar15::ar15::deadhorse:

Anyways, I actually have a question for you guys. Just to see if anyone would be interested.

I was thinking of having my next Civil War be a multiplayer game in which you guys would control the fations and ultimately decide what Government/Variant I would play for at least some time. I would create Social Groups (or something like that) for each faction, you guys would then choose to back a specific faction (more than one person per faction would be allowed). After we go through the joining stage, we would have the Civil War be played out as a Hotseat game, with me following your orders in the actual game. When the Civil War is over, I write up the chapters (maybe with some imput from you guys in the form of letters, diaries, etc).

What do you guys think? If you guys would like to suggest any changes/additions, I'm open to them. If we can't get enough interest, I'll just play it as it is.

Sounds good, I'd join as the Communist Party if there is one. So it'll be like a multi-civ RP?
You'd join the Communists? Okay... well, specific factions I'm not sure of since I don't know what the situation will be when I start the Civil War. It will probably be around the middle of the upcoming war with some of our former friends (I assume you know who it is, but don't just post it if you do; I don't know if everyone does as there might be some surprised people).

So yes, it would be like a muti-civ RP if there are more than one person in each faction. Like I said, it depends on how much interest I see.

edit: However, in regards to factions, I'd see the following as very likely candidates
Spoiler :
-Monarchists- Those in favor of preserving the King's total authority.
-Constitutionalists- Those in favor of giving the people some power, but preserving the Monachy.
-Communists- Give the "workers" the power, the usual Communist propoganda.
-{CLASSIFIED} Resistance- Any captured cities in our upcoming war.
-The Seccessionists- What we saw last Civil War.
-Democrats- The game becomes an RP essentially.
-Republicans- Like the Democrats, but with a sligh twist
-Fascists- Probably would involve a AW kind of finish in a race to conquer the world ASAP.

Great thread, this one of yours! :goodjob:

But are you saying we'll have to wait till mid November to see who the war will be fought against? That's just not fair. Not at all.

Hey, you came to the Civ 3 S&T section!
Yep. Although I don't have Civ3, that green link in Sparthage's firm was too much of a temptation to me, and I discovered a great story.
The las chapter was the best one, and the next one really looks great.

Top Bottom