AbNESVII .•°*”˜ The Many Coloured Lands ˜”*°•.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 1

Aostra is nestled on the island of Crete, they have been stunted in their growth due to the misfortune of a massive storm that left them battered and broken. Now, with the nation finally getting back up onto its feet, it begins to look beyond its own little island and to those beyond. There is little local opposition to them re-establishing their links from island to island, for now.

The Sagenta are a deeply religious folk. First from their cave dwellings, to now where their civilization stands proud in its first city of the same name. Pilgrims come from far beyond the fledgling nation, but with it their culture spreads out, and the wealth flows in.

Viminala has a bloody past, one which is fading with time. The pale Equetri and Swarthi Viminala were once seperate, but have now blurred, until both came to be known as Viminala.

Messape is another nation growing within the Italian Peninsular. With several towns all trading, growing, it is proving a breeding ground for new ideas and trades.

To the east is the nation of Eruar. Based on a river they experince season of boom and bust, with a nobility the remains of a Erulla clan lording it over their Ninnuar cousins whenever they get a chance.

Carthage, the birth of civilization? Certainly anyone who lives there can't think of a time that is didn't exist, which is fact enough for many. Its location means there have been perhaps false sightings of land across the waters?

A Hada-keshian is very polite. The cost of upset has been very high and everyone now works hard to keep things as they are, which is nice.

Algonquin Sabinia is an oddity in that it has two kings, they seem to muddle though though. The value of women is high, and a mans prestige can be measured in how many he can acquire in a life time.

Illyria has long been an isolationist nation, but one that can be no longer. It is bursting at the seems, just desperate for more land. There has been some tinkering with the metals they mine from the hills, with promise of some significant progress.

Ostavans lead an seemly idyllic life, unaware of such stresses.

The Danes are not waiting for good things to happen. They take what they want. Already several local islands have been subjugated under their rule.

Aisonia are tough folk, you would not want to mess with their warriors.

Life in Therita is quick, dirty, but the citizens don't care. Its fantastic location is only just becoming realised.

Spoiler MAP :

This update was QUICK, its was DIRTY, but hey, We're off right? If this kind of update offends you, you are in the wrong NES. Details will grow as time goes in. I am not spending hours on an update when you lot collectively have spent about 5 minutes on a nation description ;)

You will see the little choices you made have effected your stats. For example, Milarqui has the first religious capital in the world, and gains 1EP each turn for that. Don't be thinking you can all copy this, but I just wanted to highlight it. SKILORD was rewarded for some short stories.

Several players have started advancing through the ages. This is slow, and cannot be forced. You cannot spend on it, simply actions will bump you forward over time.

All around you are tribes and nations. They simply havn't had an aspiring leader as yourself, yet. Your actions perhaps could cause their creation.

The next update will cover the next 50 years. Think about how you want your leader to drive your nation, think what projects you might want to begin to shape your nation. Expand, pillage, settle, defend. Do what you wish. Please, ask questions.

I want your orders by FRIDAY EVENING GMT. PM them to me. Quote your Stats, include your nation name in the title.

GO! GO! GO!

Link to video.

Yay update :)

Would an example of suitable orders be helpful?

Well little gestures now will have a big effect longer in. Enthusiasm has a value in this NES folks! :D

This update was QUICK, its was DIRTY, but hey, We're off right? If this kind of update offends you, you are in the wrong NES. Details will grow as time goes in. I am not spending hours on an update when you lot collectively have spent about 5 minutes on a nation description ;)

I think you'll find I spent about an hour on mine, with all the research and such :p. (And I still don't know if iron is okay to have ;))

Yes please :).

It has been thirty years.

It has been thirty years since the last Athenian supply ship entered Aisonia to drop off supplies. It has been thirty years since the last barge of Athenian recuits arrived to hold the northern passes. It has been thirty years since news of other Athenian colonies, or even an outside world other than the endless fight against the un-greek Barbarians to the north.

It has been thirty years too long.

We must ignore the old Stone of Alliance between our forefathers and they! For centuries we have lived our entire lives resisting invaders instead of simply letting them through and paying them a fee. For centuries we convinced ourselves that we will prefer the trade of Athenia to the simple life of the farm! Their colonies prospered while we lived day to day, paying with blood. Sure, they sent recruits to aid us... since thirty years ago!

We must take the initiative during this haitus! We must push southward, and take the colonies for our own; We have the right, don't we? We who protected all of Greece for hundreds of years! It is high time we receive some credit to our due!

Southward march!

- Inscribed speech of the marble slab covering the much older Stone of Alliance.

EDIT: Here is what is inscribed upon the Stone of Alliance

The Great People of Athenia and Aisonia agree to work together for the glory of All Greeks.
Aisonia is given Sovereignty westward to the Balkan Spine, and northward to the passes of Macedonia, thus Aisonia promises to protect these funnels into Greece, and protect the Grecian people from barbarians.
Athenia will bring culture and bronze to Aisonia, and recuits for their wars and trade for their merchants.
Together, from the Northern Mountains to the Southern Seas, Greece will stand between them.

I think you'll find I spent about an hour on mine, with all the research and such :p. (And I still don't know if iron is okay to have ;))

It is not, but if you look at your stats, you will note you have progressed a small slice ahead of others. You will have your iron one day. For now, you can develop your mines which will only help your economy :)

Yes please :).

They will be added tonight

It is not, but if you look at your stats, you will note you have progressed a small slice ahead of others. You will have your iron one day. For now, you can develop your mines which will only help your economy :)

Alright, cool.

They will be added tonight

Cheers! I'm looking forward to the NES :p.

Illyria Orders I said:
Illyria / EnglishCrusader
Religion: Primitive Animism
Size: Tiny (1)
Colour: Grey
Economy: 1/1/1 (-0 upkeep)
Army: Warrior (1)
Navy:
Confidence: Neutral
Culture: None
Projects:

Spending 3EP
2EP: Mines
1EP: Warrior

Project: The Mines of Illyria.
Spend 2EP better establishing the infrastructure around our mines. I want to be extracting more and more of this precious metals so that we might make war with our neighbours (desired effect cheaper warrior training as well as economic growth?)

The newly trained warrior band will expand down towards the coast, clearing out bandits and protecting settlers we send behind them. They will remain with a new settlement along the coast.

Domestic Orders:

I want there to be local leaders appointed for each village, they are to meet in Illyria each spring so that we can collectively plan the crops we are growing and ensure everyone has enough seed to plant.

Above is a very simplistic example of how I want orders. As time goes on you will have more to spend, more to do, and I expect orders will be much longer.

"Fish! I got the best Fish!"

"Here for your grain!"

The market was lively as ever as Councilman Reirt walked through it looking at the wares. Food, Fish, Wine, even some fancy looking trinkets. Therita continued to be prosperous.

He continued down the coastal district and the screams of the fishmongers, grocers, and artisans died off as he got further away and closer to the docks. Here the sound of countless hammers as ships were made for all kinds of uses. Fishing, Trade, War it was all represented here at the docks.

Councilman Reirt and his retinue continued through the district and stopped at a large building and entered it.

"Welcome my friend!" greeted the burly and dirty man inside the door. "It is good to see you, what may the shipwrights guild do for the Council, or is it family business today?"

"Family Guildmaster Trien." Councilman Reirt reached out and shook the offered hand. "The family has heard of trade to be had in the great seas and we wish to add to our fleet thanks to the prosperous last season."

"Always grateful for business, please enter and lets get to the work at hand."

Rules have been tweaked

1EP will train 1 unit or build 10 ships.

1 Unit of Warriors are 1000 Men
1 Unit of Spearmen are 750 Men
1 Unit of Archers are 400 Men
1 Unit of Axemen are 500 Men
1 Unit of Swordsman are 500 Men

I was about to say, yes please, but it appears you've already done it :)

Herewithin is Thus; the Journal of Eunice, Strategos of Aisonia, Chief of Jennapolis
Fifteen Years After the Last Shipment of Athenian Bronze
It has been fifteen years since recruits or supplies have arrived at Aisonia. Those dirty Athenians! This year I had to double the training in my city to make up, and I hope that our treasury of bronze bars at Aisonipolis will last. I will keep this journal to record this percarious time for Aisonia and all of Greece.
My 200 men garrison defending the hills north of Jennapolis fought off a minor warband today. Although we only received three wounded, they all suffered from bronze arrows. This is bad news, if they have enough bronze to use on arrows, how long will it take them to make armor? Even worse, if they come back again with just archers, how can our armored warriors catch them up? I've ordered the Tactican Lykos to start training a force of archers to support our warriors, and sent the Pelagios to Aisonipolis to petition for an official training program.
That Fall
By Ares! They brought friends! Over 400 warriors marched on the pass north of us. I must pray for the gods to have mercy on Lykos's soul; his archers there brought us enough time to call up the reserve and organize the detachments from nearby cities.
The arrows hurt even more now.
After we formed our blocks, however, we can easily hold off their assault and manuver against them. What worries me is that these arrows can easily decimate our forces before they even get the see the eyes of them buggers. No matter, our own archers did gallantly in battle.
They lost all 600 of their rabble, while we lost about 50 warriors, including the band of 25 I sent to the pass. They killed 100 themselves with their arrows and clubs, before being outflanked they sent a one-eyed file shield (sergeant) to tell the tale of their demise.
Seventeen Years after the Last Shipment of Athenian Bronze
We have been reduced to picking the bronze of the bodies of our enemies and working them to sufficient quality. Our fighters are as eager as ever, arming themselves with the bronze-plated clubs and the armor which defines the Aisonian Champion. We have also adapted the bow for a strong, scouting and defensive force. However, change seems to be on the horizon as whispers of swords, spears, and even axes (the barbaric simpletons, axes are for trees!). At the Strategon Council I spoke of the large battle two years ago, and this lead to the funding of an entire Archary division to be formed.

Keep em coming guys :)

I have already received a few orders! Please post in thread when you send orders, I feel it helps encourage others to do so :D

The Parazko

Now...what do you call this again?

Parazko, my lord. The Parazko.

The lavishly dressed man stared at the large hulk of wood and dye that sat before him in the harbor. Beside him, a scribe attempted to record the frantic ramblings of the designer, who was either very excited or very nervous.

You see my lord, it is just like the fish! Large, powerful, aggressive, qui-

I don't see how a ship can be "aggressive".

An awkward silence fell upon the three men.

I believe he means it would be formidable when engaging other ships, my lord.

In...indeed. That is, er, exactly what I meant, my lord.

The king nodded and stroked his chin. He continued to eye the boat, then gestured to it.

What are all those, you know...things sticking out of its side?

OH! My lord, those are oars. They help propel it through the water.

I know what an oar is.

Another awkward silence

If it uses oars, why does it have sails as well?

Uh...perhaps the rowers' arms could get tired, my lord?

The king snorted. What weakling's arms would get tired after a measly eight straight hours of rowing? Such men deserved to thrown into the open sea.

It all looks well and good...but I must inquire my naval adviser before I make any final decisions.

The designer bowed deeply and took a step back, as was custom. The king then yelled into the still day.

Pthias! I require your consultation!

A tanned man with a thick, curly beard peaked his head over the side of the boat.

Yes King Visulio?

As my adviser, I would like your opinion on this...this...whatever it is!

The Parazko, my king?

Yes, whatever!

The bearded man stroked the wooden decks and wrapped his arms (and legs) around the mast. He skewed his face and widened his eyes...as if he were taking mental notes. He then turned back to King Visulio.

Its absolutely beautiful! Can we keep it!?

Sure.

YAY!!!!

Pthias dove over the side of the boat and into the water. King Visulio turned to the designer.

Start making more. I want them as quickly as you can build them.

Yes...of course, my lord! Thank you!

The king turned heel and began to walk back towards the city. Behind him, a completely drenched Pthias, marching with a pearly white smile stretching from ear to ear. Once the two were out of earshot, the designer turned to the scribe.

The Pthias fellow sure is a strange one.

Indeed he is, but there is no better man educated in the ways of war on the seas than he.

I'll get onto mine later this week :).

clop, clop, clop

The wagon being pulled by the old draft horse creaked along the dirt rods towards the hustle and bustle of Therita. The young man driving the wagon was on his first trip to the city market to trade for the first time.

"Now boy you do not let them trick you! They will try and say our grain and goats are not very good! They are and don't you let them tell you they are scruffy like that worthless Hinpo Dria over the hills! I'm trusting you and if you screw this up so help me you'll wish you'd been sent to Tranda's loving embrace I'll whip you so hard!"

The boy still thought his father was crazy. There's no way anyone could say they would sell moldy grain and scrawny goats. I mean just look at em there were no better goats in all the Finre.

He approached the gates and the guards watched him and apparently judged him no threat because they let him in. He drove the wagon onward to the market, though it was later that he figured because of the condusing town and well, less than useful directions of his father. He went up to the merchant described by his father. "He's a tall fat man. He's got a greying beard and his name if Lianth."

"Sir Lianth," the man he expected to turned around at his name. Well at least his father described him accurately. "I have goods from Rythan's farm."

"Ah, your father said you'd be making your first run into town this month. Let's see your scrawny goats and moldy grain eh?" the Merchant Lianth laughed. Apparently father had him pegged. "I jest, I jest!" he laughed for a moment more. "The look on your face, your father said it would be worth it."

The boy's face colored and the haggling began.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom