SGOTM 14 - Phoenix Rising

try to get astro. If Mansa won't give it, kill him. Don'ty screw around trying to extract something he won't give from him.

Set cities to wealth production for 2-3 turns (we have a lot of curs wandering around) and just bang out astro on 100%. Let's just get it out of the way

try to get astro. If Mansa won't give it, kill him. Don'ty screw around trying to extract something he won't give from him.

Set cities to wealth production for 2-3 turns (we have a lot of curs wandering around) and just bang out astro on 100%. Let's just get it out of the way

I have not tried asking for it. I waited to see what everyone wanted to do. At 100% we could have astronomy in 4 turns or less. I guess we could just demand it now for peace. He has a settler in the city below.

Are we happy to declare on English next turn? I can then play on 3-4 more turns.

I am off out in about an hour but can play again tomorrow night. I agree we have enough units for now. We could even declare on Aztecs soon. We could build a stack of 30-40+ units to take him on.

Decisions.

1. Declare on English. I think yes.

2. Demand peace for astronomy now. Yes let's get the wizard killed. We can whip 2 galleon straight away while we heal the stack.

We have a month there is no need to rush this. 2-3 turns takes an hour or so now.

If we can take those two western Mali cities now, I say do that first. I'm not so hot up on the Astro right this minute thinking. We can easily wait a couple of turns and with our production bang out some galleons and whatever. If we make peace with Mansa, we can do nothing about him settling back his land for 10 turns.

Still no CH in Sheep :(

If we can take those two western Mali cities now, I say do that first. I'm not so hot up on the Astro right this minute thinking. We can easily wait a couple of turns and with our production bang out some galleons and whatever. If we make peace with Mansa, we can do nothing about him settling back his land for 10 turns.

Still no CH in Sheep :(

It was a 4 pop whip. Not worth it for 5 commerce a turn. I whipped a curs instead.

Curs have already moved. If we wait a turn we could kill one of the cities.

I think we should try.for astronomy trade soon. If he won't tech at 100 % for it this turn.

Geez we have so many Curs and Lizzy seems to have nothing ~~
No question, attack her ;)
She was friendly enough to fill in the gaps between us and Raggy too ~~

Let's wait with the peace treaty to Mansa then, the stack is a bit banged up thou.
Maybe let it heal 1 turn, we are going towards Dom. much slower than we all thought (huge land masses), those Curs can be valuable for the Wiz/Monty. Make sure he cannot sneak into Niani.

If we was to demand Astro, we should have after razing Timbu. Now it would be a mixed solution, i tend to agree with Lymo now to take his last cities first as we are in position already.

I doubt it was 4 pop after 1t and the whip completes a new Cur. At the time I asked to do this - and i've actually mentioned it several times - we had 2 or 3 unhappy citizens. You aint whippin' off much of anything. We needed it and should have whipped a CH and it simply syncs up with PS and HE.

Soon we can do a war vs. Monty too i think, as long as our Curs production is still high.
We will have a lot of returning "Vets".

The rule of thumb we had back then still applies, let's keep all Curs busy. At this point of the game it doesn't matter who we are at war with, as long as we make some land progress.

If you can take a couple more of mansa's cities in the next 2-3 turns then I think you should take them before demanding astro. If he doesn't give astro then you're better off taking more cities to increase war success than teching astro at 100%.
We may want to think about using the culture slider a bit if happiness is becoming an issue and we have enough gold to run it at, say 10%.
If you think that we have more curs on the liz front than we need then maybe hang some back to get ready for monty.

Okay stack near English will attack ASAP.

I will heal stack near mansa for 1 turn. Then attack their 2 cities.
Will heal Indian stack and Ragnar stack then send them towards the action.

Should we run wealth and put beakers into astronomy.

We could build more settlers. Do we raze cities or capture now?

Any more thoughts?

Clearly capture cities for now, still a long enough way to go. We will need ~2 settlers for the area around ex-Timbuktu thou.
You should test this turn if Mansa gives Astro, if he doesnt then yip it will be a good idea to run a round of wealth in all cities cept our homeland (here we get the best Units out) and put in a 100% research turn.

Clearly capture cities for now, still a long enough way to go. We will need ~2 settlers for the area around ex-Timbuktu thou.
You should test this turn if Mansa gives Astro, if he doesnt then yip it will be a good idea to run a round of wealth in all cities cept our homeland (here we get the best Units out) and put in a 100% research turn.

Only way to test astronomy is try and do it for peace. At present he is offering DR and Drama, 20g and world maps if my memory serves me right. It might not hurt to put some beakers into astronomy and run wealth in many cities for a turn.

If we heal units for a turn that would be next turn! So a 2 turn delay.

The English war should be swift. We have way too many units. only danger is a mongol stack. Possible I guess.

What do we honestly want to do with Mansa? If we take peace he may spam 2-3 more cities. if we wait 3 turns we can kill off the hub. If we took peace we could heal up stack and simply attack Aztecs. Choices!!

Hmm as i see it on the save, you would heal this turn and then take the 2 cities on next?
So it would be a 1 turn delay? I'd forget about the other city in the hub, this one doesn't matter imo.

I say take out the whole mansa hub. Might as well while we have the troops there and it'll only take 2-3 turns. If there's one city left that'll take an extra couple of turns then don't worry about that one.

I'd hold off on settlers for just this moment. Once we have the monty war rolling and are in the process of taking out the wiz we can focus on getting those last tiles needed for dom.

Any more advice? Otherwise I will play after I have eaten.

Wealth and 1 turn into astronomy? Do we really need more units?

^^ Sure, the more we have the faster we can roll over Monty while killing Lizzy :)
Never stop building units imo, at least in our Budd cities.

You should start building culture in cities where a 2nd border pop would give us more land.
Mansa will give Astro, DR is more expensive sooo i don't think we need a turn into Astro.

How do we feel about building 2-3 galleys to upgrade to galleons??? Upgrade cost is 100 gold. I would whip them in Mansa coastal hub cities. I would keep them in our cities till at peace.

We have 1600 or so gold anyway.

I'd say it's a good idea in the 2 Mansa cities close to the Wiz, but i would keep it at 2 galleys.
Or you could start building them this turn, the build should update to galleons next turn when we get Astro and you can whip them? If it doesn't you could finish and upgrade yip.

Off for a while, need to go to the store -.- gl!

I'd say it's a good idea in the 2 Mansa cities close to the Wiz, but i would keep it at 2 galleys.
Or you could start building them this turn, the build should update to galleons next turn when we get Astro and you can whip them? If it doesn't you could finish and upgrade yip.

Off for a while, need to go to the store -.- gl!

Okay gonna play now 8:10pm UK time. I will do 3 turns maybe today. Then a final 2-3 tomorrow.

Then Jay can take the war on.

See you in a hour or so. ;)

Ding dong the witch is dead!!! Shaka

Ding dong the witch is dead!!! Ragnar. Well he had one city.

Ding dong the witch is dead!!! Indians. Open gateway for Mongols now.

Mansa down to 2 cities. Mylene was right about Niani a xbow was awaiting on Mansa cultural border. Dealt with it and the mace.

Okay for peace I tried a city and astronomy. No go! Ended up taking astronomy, banking and some gold. We took the 2 coastal cities with 3-4 losses.

We have 3 galleons and we can whip a forth if needed.

Okay the war horns were sounded and our stack poured into the English land. We rolled over 3 cities going north and have the choice of London or another city next turn. We should be able to attack it with 12-13 strong curs. We have 6-8 additional curs enroute. They had 4-5 other scattered cities which all have now been destroyed or captured. English have about 4-5 cities left. Should have them all in 3-4 turns.

Indian hub. We have a stack of 9-10 curs to heal. Same for viking hub. The great generals all still live.

We are about 30% off winning goal line for land but we have not yet used the culture switch and have 10+ cities waiting to come out of revolt.

Main issue is popultion.

Going forward we should try a naval assault on Aztecs capital.

We should also merge the Indian and ragnar stacks and attack the Mongols.

We need to build up population now. I think we should preserve captured cities and let other cities grow back. Either that or take out the Ai high pop cities.

Grrr I lost the turn log. FF was playing up. The wizard is still alive.

Top Bottom