Iron and Blood: Redux - Game Thread

Kingdom of Manchuria; War stories:

King George I of the kingdom of manchuria:

King George I enters in his office and asks one of his servants << Can you please sent those messages? >>

<< Of course my king! >> the servant replied.

<< Thank you. >> the king told.

Official letter of the gonverment of kingdom of manchuria:

Mr.Yuan, the financial minister

Mr.Yuan, please tell the rich europeans that live in tartastan that they will begin factories and pay less taxes.

-King George I of the kingdom of manchuria

Mr. Chiang, the foreign minister

Mr. Chiang, as you know althought there are many manchus in tartastan there is still a tatar minority. So i ask you to get rid with it. At first set the tatars under economic control, then educate them that tatars are a sub-group of the manchus and finaly learn them the manchu language. Also i want you to peacefully do this and respect the tatars.

My dear son, Prince Otto von Christos of the kingdom of manchuria

My dear son, i want you to re-organise the army so i want you to create a professional trained army. I leave that to you. Make sure that the manchus will re-create the military glories of the Qing dynasty and the warriors of the manchu war of indepedence.

Prime minister Jet Lee of the kingdom of manchuria

Mr. Lee, i want you to pass to the senate the list of the new laws i sented you before one week. Also sent money to the koreans warlords in order to make them join us.

<< What a hard work is to be a king. King George I said.

Meanwhile Mr. Lee remembered his day in the manchurian war of indepedence and the greatest battle of all. The battle of the manchurian desert.

Tthe manchurian desert:

At 1829 A.D John came back to manchuria. He was a teacher and manchu that had studied in all of europe. He had taken active part in the greek war of indepedence. After the start of the manchu revolution he wanted to come to manchuria but he managed to come 2 years later. He was given order by the democractic revolutionary gonverment of manchuria to take 100 men and defend the manchurian desert from an army of 2,000,000 chinese. He realy liked that. He wanted to create a new Thermopyles in order to unite the manchus, that were divided after the 2 civil wars.

His army was the bravest of the world and had great skills. Lee was part of his army. At the first the chinese attacked but were driven back. The second day the chinese were driven again back. This message saws the horror of the battle:

I am Quang and i am soldiers. I fight for the freedom of my nation. I attack the chinese, i use the 20 cavalarymen to attack and destroy the 900 chinese cannons. After that i attack against almost 400 chinese and kill them all and the i decide t..........

The rest message is lost. After 7 days of fighting from the 100 manchus 40 men remained and from the 2 million chinese only 1,235,000 remained. The the chinese manage to go at the night behind the manchu army and encircle the manchu army. John sented Mr Lee to go and take a message to the manchu democractic revolutionary gonverment.

After that John and his 40 men managed to stand against the chinese army for 3 hours but they were all killed. The only man who remained from the army was Lee.

Althought after this the european powers openly helped manchuria, the war ended and manchuria is an indepedent nation now , Lee could not forget it. He could not forget his friends and his brother that died in this battle.

Then he stoped thinking and readed the message of the king George I.

Prologue, Part IV
November 26th, 1826
Trois-Rivières, Protectorate of the Empire of the French in Quebec

"Sir, reports of artillery coming in; they mean to bombard us!"

Napoleon II grimaced at this news. An artillery barrage could do serious damage and force the New Grand Army to retreat. A Protectorate occupied would Trois-Rivières would be a terrible blow to the Napoleonic Restorationist cause. The strategic importance of Trois-Rivières could not be understated; if it fell it would mean a lot of territory would suddenly become a lot more difficult to defend. The strength of the New Grand Army was that it was practically everywhere; however, this thin distribution of soldiers was also its greatest weakness.

"My Emperor, we must get you out of here; if, God forbid, you are captured or killed, the Restoration is lost!"

"What kind of commander flees when his men are in such danger? No, we will stay here and fight. Here, run up this flag" replied Napoleon II, handing him a folded triangle. The captain of his personal guard took it and unfolded it.

"My Emperor, we can't fly this, they-"

"Put it up, it will inspire the men."

"So, the son of the Corsican devil is in there. This battle is ours, men, the war will be over shortly!" said Lieutenant Mitchell. The runner from earlier came back, and told him the artillery was in position. The men checked themselves one last time. There was a short pause, then a tremendous boom was heard, and a single cannonshot landed in the field between the Protectorate Guard and the city.

"A little short, but now they'll have their range" said Lieutenant Mitchell.

Suddenly, many explosions were heard as the artillery opened up. This time, however, the shots fell even shorter.

Artillery smashed into the rear ranks of the Protectorate Guard, where all the regulars were assembled. Lieutenant Mitchell was stunned as the ranks descended into chaos. He heard a man from another command yell out "Vive L'Empereur". The man was quickly silenced by his officers, but the damage was done. The front ranks, composed mainly of local conscripts used as shock troops, turned on their commanders. Some fired at their former comrades, but most simply broke ranks and fled. A retreat was sounded, and the Protectorate Guard ran. Trois-Rivières remained in Restorationist hands.

The Russian Empire

Tsar Nicholas I, wish to announce that we will no longer take part in the affairs of Europe. We had entered The European Union in the hopes of building a stronger Europe. The full diplomatic Statement is as follows;

Your war-mongering ways, secret agreements, different categories of membership etc. All were not explained to me in the first instance.

All I wanted to be was part of United Europe, whereby we unite all the European Nations as one, yet you seem set on a path of destruction.

We wish you good luck. I am out of here. I will have no part of any war-planning.

Spain and France watch your backs. They will try to deny this soon, but rest assured this is their plan.

It would seem that the Council of Mutual Defence, is a better alliance if we want to pursue a peaceful and productive future together and recommend other nations join for the peaceful expansion and prosperity we all want, after many decades of wars, civil wars, revolts and other conflicts. Let us all work together for peace for us all.

Upon notice of Russia leaving the European Union, FAR President Pierre Rousseau released the following statement:

Goodbye and good riddance. Russia's only goal within the EU was to keep it from success.

Alaska, 1834​

This just in, King Alexander Pimbluton has died last night, and his quest with him. As the nation morns the loss of our first king, the country is in turmoil as to who succeeds him, as Alexander never left a will. Here are the competitors to the throne: Alexander's brother Nicolas, or his only son Stalin. We (the United Alaskan Press) have made an interview for both of the competitors. Now, here's Marcus with the interviews.

Marcus: Nicolas, what do you plan to do if you become king of Alaska?

Nicolas: Well, first off, I plan on expanding our mighty empire. Not sure where to though.

Marcus: Well then, what do you plan to do about the economy?

Nicolas: I plan to abolish the serfs, and install a voluntary work force, which will please a lot of the population. I also see to it that we make more factories, which will help us in creating a grand army.

Marcus: There you have it then. Possible future ruler to be right there. Wait. I'm just getting word that Stalin has fallen ill. We will conduct the interview with him as soon as he gets better. Good night to you all.

The Russian Empire

Tsar Nicholas I, offers our sincerest condolences to Alaska on the loss of a fellow monarch. We hope that Alaska can transfer peacefully to a new regime and you gain a new leader who will be strong and lead you long into the future.

Orders will lock at 0800 EST Friday, November 11. PM me if you object.

In the 1830’s, the King of Benin realized that through aggressive expansion of factories in the cities of Lagos and Benin City, the Beni people had become one of the most productive nations in the world. True, the government was not entirely stabilized and the influence of Benin did not extend very far, but at least they could out produce other nations he decided. It troubled him that some nations had refused to recognize Benin as a serious player in the world stage. Rasists he decided. People couldn’t take an African nation seriously. Of course, Kenya and Southrica were helping Benin prove that Africa was not just a hellhole. While Europe squabbled about borders and who would be allowed to survive, the African nations lived in peace. But the King realized that people were going to be coming to Africa soon. Already, Portugal had ignored all requests of the African people and colonized Angola. In Algeria, black Africans were hated by Muslims and Europeans alike and the Algerian government was actually encouraging more Europeans to exploit Africa. But the time to worry about this was not now. In an attempt to expand Benin power, the King had ordered investment into developing areas along the wealthy West African coasts along with more industrialization of the region along the Niger River. Only time would tell if the peoples of West Africa would unite under the banner of African freedom or wait to succumb to filthy imperialists.

Elephants in the King's private garden

Orders Locked. Update sometime today.

Update 2
1836-1840

Spoiler Commentary :

North America
- Brotherhood of Iron build a factory in its new state of Dixie, began expansion into the Great Lakes and built an army.
- Quebec invested in industry and stability.
- Caribbean Sun invested in industry, stability and science.
- Mexico Expanded into Colorado and California and invested in science.
- New Caladonia continued their industrial investments, and also made headway into settling Colombia.
- The Metis Nation established a settlement in Oregon, invested in stability and industrialization.
- In an example of weather extremes, Alaska established a colony in the tropical islands of Hawaii. They also invested in stability.

South America
- Argentina built new factories in Peru.
- Not to be outdone by its northern neighbor, Brazil also invested heavily in colonizing Colombia. Their efforts were marginally successful, but only time will tell if these efforts will lead to a conflict in the region. Brazil also invested in industrial capacity.

Europe
- Germany built a couple of factories and tried to consolidate its hold on Central Europe, but the locals were not convinced.
- Al-Andalus continued its policy of industrial development.
- The British Empire continued its policies of investing in industrialization and stability improvement.
- Russia completed its settlement of Scandinavia, but was unsuccessful in expanding into Siberia. They also invested in stability.
- Lusitania industrialized and invested in stability.
- Contrary to all popular expectations, Italy&#8217;s earlier token investment in stability has paid off. This investment had an immediate affect on the nation. Unfortunately the effort to colonize the Balkans did not work out so well. Italy also increased its industrial capacity.
- France and Paris undeterred by previous failure returned to Guiana, this time convincing them to join their nation fully. The remainder of their investment went into stability.

Africa
- Kenya invested in a factory, some science and began expanding into the Congo.
- FAR is industrializing as well as continuing investment in science and stability.
- While Benin invested heavily in expansion, they were only able to advance into one Guinean city. A factory was also built.
- Southrica invested in stability and industry, but their efforts to convince the people of Zambia to join them fell of deaf ears.

Asia
- The Byzantine Empire built some new factories in Syria.
- China was very expansionistic, attempting to move into or consolidate no less than four territories. It was successful in only two, however.
- Manchuria expanded into Korea, built a factory in Tartary and raised an army.
- Persia expanded into Sind, built a factory and continued investment in stability improvements.
- India continued their industrial expansion, but their efforts to continue colonizing Bombay were less than successful. They also invested in stability.
- The Mongolian hordes of Borjiginia were quite successful in expanding their territory in the east and south, fully incorporating both Tibet and Central Asia. Borjiginia also invested in stability.
- USS failed to continue expansion efforts in Siam, but did increase its industrial output.

Oceana
- Jakarta invested heavily in the Philippines, and was rewarded for their efforts. They also built a factory in Jakarta.
- Australia returned to the table in New Zealand, this time successfully convincing them to join them. They also continued investment in industry and science.

Spoiler Events :

A General from the Metis Nation has made a generous contribution to his community:

• Option 1: We have no need of his services. Ask him instead to donate his money to the state - gain a one-off 5 IC
  • Option 2: Excellent! Have him train army units for us - Gain up to 5 armies for only 1 IC each

----

Significant deposits of salt within their borders discovered in Maghreb...

Immediate Effect: Good news. The locals can export this product for profit. - gain a one-off bonus of 5 IC

----

Surplus game harvested by hunters in Peking has fueled a minor population boom.

Immediate Effect: Send congratulations to the citizens - gain 1 city

---

Workers in Indonesia have formed unions and are openly striking for better working conditions.

• Option 1: Legalize the unions and cede to their demands for workplace safety.
  • Option 2: They are inhibiting productivity! Outlaw them! - 25% chance of a stability drop.

---

Pestilence has struck Dixie agricultural lands.

Immediate Effect: That's horrible - lose 1 city

Spoiler Current Map :

Spoiler Current Stats :

Deadlines (All EST):
Initial DoW: 1200 Sunday, November 13
Response DoW: 1200 Tuesday, November 15
Orders Due: 1200 Thursday, November 17

Please let me know if I have missed anything or if there are any map or stats errors.

NOTE: I did notice an error in calculating stability investment. This is now fixed.

Wait, I didn't get any rp points from last turn?

By that I mean the first turn, update appeared before I made this post.

Do you mean post 80?: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11032785&postcount=80

I haven&#8217;t been giving anybody points for their nation &#8220;info&#8221; pages. (everyone should have one).

EDIT: Speaking of which - does anyone want to make me an index of all the player info pages? PM me the code and I'll put it on the front page. If possible, please keep the order that was in the sign-up thread. Thanks!

Question - do I need to invest more to take over the rest of Great Lakes?

Yes. Each IC you spend will give you a 50% chance of getting a city to join you. So if you invested 1IC this turn, you'd have a 50% chance of getting the rest of the province (1 city left). If you invested 2IC, you'd have two 50% chances to get the city.

I will be updating the rules to reflect this minor change in the mechanics of colonial expansion.

Top Bottom