v19 bugs and crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread replaces the crashes and non-critical problems threads for v19 only. Both the freeze period and after.

The first three posts will be used to keep track of bugs and crashes. Post any crashes, with max saves, and other problems in this tread. I will try and keep the first post as an index to problems with the second containing dates (& SVN/patch) the problem is ready for testing and the third being when someone has said the fix works.

Bugs
Repeatable CTDs
Reported here.
Reported here.
Reported here.
Map Scripts
C2C_Tectonics is putting coral (and kelp) in fresh water lakes when it should not. Reported here.
Interface
- not all resources have the correct small icons. this is being worked on slowly. Don't expect it to be complete before v20.
- in hover over of a building units that can build a building can produce a huge list, eg hero wonder buildings and subdue animal pets. This can cause important information to go off screen. Reported here. See also suggestion below.
Pedia

Units
- Obsolete units are appearing later in the game. Hand Ram, Early Merchant, Town Guard, Worker (ind worker is available), early healer unit. Reported here. Discussion starts here.
- modern destroyer upgrades to modern frigate; from strength 60+ down to 32; i think that' s not intended. Reported here.

Other
- Strange fog of war. Reported here.

Suggestions
  • If I have the option don't display buildings I can't build on would it be possible to hide the list of units that can build the building? Reported here.
  • Excessive golden age lengths. Reported here.

This reply will contain a list of fixes requiring testing.
Bugs
Repeatable CTDs

Map Scripts

Interface

Pedia
- Link in UB to produce Jaguar Warrior goes to the animal instead 18th November
Units
- Obsolete units are appearing later in the game. Wanderer 18th November
- in city screen when sort units by combat type the missionaries are appearing in two different groups. They are not repeating. 18th November

Other
- Doesan Seowon shows a pink screen. I expected a wonder movie/pic. Reported here. 18th November
- can't build Sikh Shrine 18th November
- python Interfaith project is still not working. 21st November
- Animals should avoid salt flats or when killed they should not put their resource there. Reported here. 21st November

Suggestions
  • If sort order is by cost or other variable that many units or buildings will have the same value for could the sort include another factor? eg cost and name, so that the icons don't jump about. 17th November

This containing a list of bugs which have been tested.

Bugs- that disappeared on reload
Interface
- building hover over in city screen is showing huge actual espionage loss. Reported here. Disappeared on reload

Other
- Modifiers recalculation destroys Rope Weaver's Huts in all cities so they need to be rebuilt. Reported here. Problem went away.

This thread is meant for both the freeze and after.;)

Now for some bug and suggestions.

Image 1. bug The map script C2C_Tectonics is putting coral (and kelp) in fresh water lakes when it should not.

Image 2. bug Hover over suggests that I will loose a huge amount of espionage if I build this building.

Image 3. suggestion 1 Since I have the option don't display buildings I can't build on would it be possible to hide the list of units that can build the building.

Image 3. suggestion 2 Is it possible to hide the buildings which are built by units but are unbuildable? Except for the Great Prophet? (May need more thought on this one.

Save to come.

Playing the current SVN (1263) i managed to get some turns for a Golden Age, i had over 1000 but took the shot several turns later.
On eternity a normal Golden Age lasts 48 turns. This combined with the Giant buddha (+50% Golden Age lenght), the Chengsomdae (+20% Golden Age lenght) and the Mausoleum of Mausolos (+50% Golden Age lenght) gives 106 turns per Golden Age.
Add 8 Golden Ages due to Heroes and their national achievements, the occasional wonder which provides a Golden Age and you are there.
Especially the Giant Buddha does also work if you haven't Buddhism as state religion.

The second screenshot shows Wanderer, hand Ram and other way outdated units showing up in the build window. I guess there's some force obsolete missing. ;)

Without screen: Doesan Seowon shows a pink screen. I expected a wonder movie/pic. :)

If sort order is by cost or other variable that many units or buildings will have the same value for could the sort include another factor? eg cost and name, so that the icons don't jump about.
I'll switch to using a stable sort algorithm then. That way the ordering of those with the same value will remain the same as before the sort. Usually that will be the id number of the unit/building but if you use two sorts in sequence it will be the former sorting until the filtering or grouping is invalidated. That means still a bit of jumping in that case but should be considerably less than now.

CTD I am getting a repeatable CTD 3 times in a row ;). Save below. Just say yes to firs request, ask Ghandi what will make the trade work. Build anything in the two cities. Select open boarders or none from the Apos Palace vote. Then it crashes. On the second try there was no text in the buttons for the vote.

Bug Strange map result I can see squares even when I have no units there. I did not notice what caused it, it remained after loading from a save.

:confused: Strange trade, resources I can't make because their buildings have gone obsolete but I can still trade for them. Should they go obsolete when the buildings do?

:confused: Strange trade, resources I can't make because their buildings have gone obsolete but I can still trade for them. Should they go obsolete when the buildings do?

Some I just have not gotten around to make the modern version of their building. While others I just was not sure when the resource should go obsolete.

I'll switch to using a stable sort algorithm then. That way the ordering of those with the same value will remain the same as before the sort. Usually that will be the id number of the unit/building but if you use two sorts in sequence it will be the former sorting until the filtering or grouping is invalidated. That means still a bit of jumping in that case but should be considerably less than now.
Just pushed that change to the SVN.

To SVN Fixed pedia by changing the text name used for the animal unit. Made the wanderer obsolete with tracking which is when scouts and trackers become available.

I was able to fix the wanderer because I had just done the scout. The others will need to be investigated first.

The problem where old units are showing where there are more advanced units available in the city appears to be because the intermediate versions of the units require a building which is not available in the city. It may have gone obsolete or is missing a needed resource.

I can use force obsolete to fix the problem but would it be better to have the dll do it?

Worker example:
1) I can build the modern worker.
2) Indust Worker is not displayed because it unconditionally upgrades to modern worker.
- Mule Worker not displayed because it unconditionally upgrades to indust worker.
- Buffalo and Elephant worker not displayed because I don't have a Buffalo or Elephant trainer​
3) Worker displayed because I can't build Buffalo or Elephant worker.

Summery: In general once you can build all the upgrades for a unit then the unit wont e displayed. However I don't think it takes into account that there may be upgrades further up the tree that you can build.

Do we fix each occurrence as it is discovered using the force obsolete tag or should we come up with a general solution in the dll?

Without screen: Doesan Seowon shows a pink screen. I expected a wonder movie/pic. :)

Found it and hopefully fixed it. It wasn't me for a change:mischief: However it does bring to my attention a slew of other stuff that needs to be moved to the packed art files.

Another unit (gaelass) showing up when an upgrade is available. See image.

Also with the pirate mod the counter for the Barbary Cousier appears long before the pirate ship it counters.:confused:

Trapping reveals "Fur" "Furs" "Pelts". Should there be two versions of Fur/Furs?

Trapping reveals "Fur" "Furs" "Pelts". Should there be two versions of Fur/Furs?

Yes. "Fur" the map resource and "Fur" the resource produced by the "Furrier" building. Personalty I wish the map resource was renamed "Beavers" or something so it would be easier to tel them apart.

And to just confuse you more there are "Gems" and "Gemstones". Gems are on the map and Gemstones are produced by the city vicinity mines.

Yes. "Fur" the map resource and "Fur" the resource produced by the "Furrier" building. Personalty I wish the map resource was renamed "Beavers" or something so it would be easier to tel them apart.

And to just confuse you more there are "Gems" and "Gemstones". Gems are on the map and Gemstones are produced by the city vicinity mines.

You can't rename either? What about "Pelts" or "Skins" ?

@Koshling or @AIAndy

Attached is a save. This is related to what I mentioned in the other thread, but actually a new issue that came up when hunting the other. In this one, check the food required to grow and number of turns it shows. Then do an Autoplay for 1 turn. For me, the city miraculously gets enough food to grow, bypassing the 13 some odd turns it should have taken. Strangely, this does not happen when passing a normal turn.

On a side note, I was playing this one in a Window vs Full Screen, and also noticed on Autoplay that the cursor often changes from the running man to the circle, and the window header at the top left says "Not Responding" for a brief moment. I haven't seen that before. Happens in both Autoplay and normal turn progression.

Attachments

• Eldrin Autoplay Food Overproduce.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
@Koshling or @AIAndy

Here is the example of the food storage issue I mentioned in the food thread. In the attached save, you may have to go 2 turns to see it fully, but I saved it here because a Golden Age begins which I think causes this. And it's possible this is what is supposed to happen, but mentioning it just in case.

So basically when the Golden Age begins, the food requirement for the city drops by 200 :food: from about 820 to 620. At that time, the :food: stored in Thebes is about 800 already. So of course, on the next turn it grows.

When that happens, the food stored is 248, which is 10% of neither the old required to grow value or the new. If a Golden Age is supposed to triple or quadruple food stored, I suppose that could be about right.

Attachments

• Eldrin Golden Age Food Change.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
800-620=180 extra food. That's still stored and isn't removed.
248-180 is 68 food saved upon growth.
Looks like 10% to me as I'm guessing your next growth requires 680 food?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom