Common Errors and/or Crashes Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can post a max compat save from before the crash we may be able to identify what is going on. The logs may help also if you have logging turned on.

Dancing Hoskuld:
Thx for your reply. Here is a save, I think. Don't know if I did it correctly. Pls let me know. Also, what are the "logs" you refer to?

Attachments

• Barry BC-11640.CivBeyondSwordSave
    476.4 KB · Views: 71
I am getting a CTD that states this program (the main civ4bst executable) has causeed an unusual runtime termination. I just upgraded to 19 have wiped the hidden cache and normal and pressed shift on load. The ctd occurs when I attempt to load a game up, the map script does not matter, nor if its under played now or custom game and irregardless of settings in custom games. Any help would be great. Thanks

~ LeAto

There is a problem with the initial Stonethrower unit you get at game start. It can not follow a set path. It also causes multiple non repeatable CTDs.

Also this version is prone to non repeatable CTDs. 12 already up to 2800BC. Each time able to go back to previous save point and continue.

JosEPh

There is a problem with the initial Stonethrower unit you get at game start. It can not follow a set path. It also causes multiple non repeatable CTDs.

I a not seeing this at all.

Also this version is prone to non repeatable CTDs. 12 already up to 2800BC. Each time able to go back to previous save point and continue.

JosEPh

I am experiencing fewer in v19 than v18 but there does seem to be a graphics glitch somewhere.

Posted logs in the V19 Crash thread from the early CTDs.

I will get a CTD if I do not save every 8-10 turns. I have not pinned it down to exact # of turns. Also, since I set all Autosaves to be Max Compat, I will get a CTD the turn after an Autosave.

JosEPh

JosEPh

Rethinking on this, I have at times had a unit that needs to be given directions every time even when I have selected a plot far away for it to go to. Just not with my first unit. I assumed it was because the unit was "seeing" a dangerous unit which I could not see. In particular any unit that could threaten the plot I was going to move into next.

There is a problem with the initial Stonethrower unit you get at game start. It can not follow a set path. It also causes multiple non repeatable CTDs.JosEPh

I also am not getting this at ALL. But i dont use Max Comp every autosave no need to, since a regular autosave will work to go back to now that its working again. Only need max comp when a repeatable CTD happens.

Rethinking on this, I have at times had a unit that needs to be given directions every time even when I have selected a plot far away for it to go to. Just not with my first unit. I assumed it was because the unit was "seeing" a dangerous unit which I could not see. In particular any unit that could threaten the plot I was going to move into next.

Yes more than not, this WILL be the case, the AI has adopted a great strategic usage for thief, rogues and assassins, they infact like them as much as Bandit Riders, which they really love. But more in v19 are animals just popping up at any one site without notice and sometimes its right next to a unit, and poof its there.:eek:

But more in v19 are animals just popping up at any one site without notice and sometimes its right next to a unit, and poof its there.:eek:

I can change that, but many people have commented about how "right next to" means within "20-40 kilometers of". Which is probably OK even for mammoths;)

I can change that, but many people have commented about how "right next to" means within "20-40 kilometers of". Which is probably OK even for mammoths;)

No No, i really like that, makes the game way more interesting that way, and cause you/AI to be more aware of your surrounding;)

Well, I managed to start two games as the romans via custom game. It required deleting all the caches, and caveman2cosmos then unzipping caveman2cosmos back into the mod folder then, loading bts while pressing shift then loading the mod via bts and pressing shift again. Unfortunatly this only works. Unless I follow this process every time it seems I get the following during the loading screen.

Any help would be great I love this mod and the little I played of 19 seemed the most stable and balanced yet, once I actually got into the game.

~ LeAto

My game usually crashes after I get a good 1-1.5 hrs in there (which is more than I can usually play in a day) Can't seem to repeat those crashes at all in subsequent playthroughs so I guess it's not C2C's fault :)

I'm wunning Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1 updated to the latest stuff on 4GB RAM (would using the 4GB enabler on the BTS executable help with that if it's a memory issue?)

Win 7 Professional 64bit SP1, 8GB RAM, 512MB Radeon 5750

Increased amounts of MAFs sind Rev 930ish (played resource heavy huge maps).
V19 I'm getting Out of Video Memory errors which never happened before instead of MAFs after around 45-90 mins of play with huge Mongoose map. Graphic settings see attachment, graphics driver version is the latest.

View attachment 308180

My game usually crashes after I get a good 1-1.5 hrs in there (which is more than I can usually play in a day) Can't seem to repeat those crashes at all in subsequent playthroughs so I guess it's not C2C's fault :)

I'm running Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1 updated to the latest stuff on 4GB RAM (would using the 4GB enabler on the BTS executable help with that if it's a memory issue?)

Again is yours 64 bit or is yours a x64 32 bit, i am guessing?

Win 7 Professional 64bit SP1, 8GB RAM, 512MB Radeon 5750

Increased amounts of MAFs since Rev 930ish (played resource heavy huge maps).
V19 I'm getting Out of Video Memory errors which never happened before instead of MAFs after around 45-90 mins of play with huge Mongoose map. Graphic settings see attachment, graphics driver version is the latest.

Now do you have your disk in or do you have it out? Believe it or not it does make a bit of difference. Works better if in.

Also i believe the 5750 is a 1GB Graphics Card, at least mine is.:)

There were a few 512MB 5750 cards and mine is one. Ever since Civ4 no longer needed the game CD its stored and was never put in except for Install, had not this kind of problems earlier, at least not that many.

There were a few 512MB 5750 cards and mine is one. Ever since Civ4 no longer needed the game CD its stored and was never put in except for Install, had not this kind of problems earlier, at least not that many.

I hear that, but once in a while it still asks for the disk, at least in my PC it does, so to me, its saying something in the exe is missing some code from Firaxis that they forgot, this might be a problem also?

btw, i dont use the disk either.

I have an older laptop and for some reason can run the game well with Huge maps with no MAFs or other crashes. I Don't play with the disk in though, it is too much hassle.

btw I have integrated graphics, with means the lack of MAFs are even more unusual. I'm not complaining though.;)

As soon as that initial Stonethrower died I could play for more turns before a CTD.

As for it "seeing" a danger I could not, I was directing him over explored visible territory near my empire. Not a single tile that I set his Path over was unexplored. I know the Plot path AI will take the most defensive path and I accepted that course adjustment. Still it stopped after every next tile move.

I set the game to save in Max Compat because that was the instructions Koshling gave me back in v18. What I need to know is where do you Set the # of turns for Autosave?

I'm up to 500AD on Epic, Huge, Arch Map with 8AI and still I Must Save at least every 10 turns or CTD. I have a x64 bit OS, Win XP Pro x64, with 8GB of 1066Mhz DDR2 ram with a Dual Core IBM E7400 chipset 2.8Ghz. But my vid cad is only a HD Radeon 4650 with 512MB of DDR2 ram. Drivers are current.

JosEPh

I'm up to 500AD on Epic, Huge, Arch Map with 8AI and still I Must Save at least every 10 turns or CTD. I have a x64 bit OS, Win XP Pro x64, with 8GB of 1066Mhz DDR2 ram with a Dual Core IBM E7400 chipset 2.8Ghz. But my vid cad is only a HD Radeon 4650 with 512MB of DDR2 ram. Drivers are current.

JosEPh

No offense but are you sure you have DDR2:eek:. i bet its a DDR5 Video Memory and you dont know for sure. But if you do have 2 man that is the main problem then, it should be DDR3 SDRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom