Iron and Blood: Redux - Game Thread

I think you should look at the core rules again. You need five factories AND invest 50% of your income(if it's adjacent to our capital) to make a core.

Australia: Would you be willing to sell Ceylon for 3 IC?

Borjiginia
6 IC

4 IC into factories - one in Central Asia, one in Tibet
2 IC into stability

Seems someone else doesn't know math.

9*80%=7, not 6.
Map says I have 8 factories. Which I don't. I have 9.

Seems someone else doesn't know math.

9*80%=7, not 6.
Map says I have 8 factories. Which I don't. I have 9.

The map and stats are correct. Last turn you had 7 factories in East Africa. This turn you only spent 2IC on factories, bringing it to 8.

All IC into Factories in Indonesia

The Russian Empire

With the first phase of industrialisation completed, the Tsar hires more ambassadors to convince the former Russian Territories to return to the fold. It is hoped that Russia's avoidance in the troubles of Europe will make them more amenable to approaches.

The first phase will be a three way expansion plan, into Siberia, Idel-Ural and the Ukraine. Each ambassador will receive 3 million roubles to achieve this aim.

Income: 9 IC

3 IC for Siberia expansion
3 IC for Idel-Ural expansion
3 IC for Ukraine expansion

Persia:
8 Usable IC:
6 IC: 3 Factories in Sind
2 IC: Bribe Afghanistan

Please make Sind a core.

The map and stats are correct. Last turn you had 7 factories in East Africa. This turn you only spent 2IC on factories, bringing it to 8.

Gah. Fine. Whatever. However, I don't see how 25% went to 38% when I sank half my income into stability.

Gah. Fine. Whatever. However, I don't see how 25% went to 38% when I sank half my income into stability.

You were at 12.5%. Remember also that stability costs more in this game. It will take 200% of IC to guarantee an increase instead of just 100% like last game. Your 3IC investment (50% of total IC) increased your chances by 25% to 37.5%.

Manchuria:

7 Income:

Built 2 factories in Tartastan

Spend the rest income to make Tartastan a core.

BLUE

The Brunswick Rifle

In a small room, dimly lit by a single lantern hanging from the wooden beams that stretched across the arched ceiling, Robert Douglas and Ioan Llewellyn sat nonchalantly. Ioan was the master armourer of the Jacobite Kingdom and the room, which was his, was cluttered with various odds and ends. On his knee rested a rifle.

“So, the lassie asked me to frain aboot the wappens ye hae.” Said Douglas, “She wants te knaw what ye have.”

The old Welshman smiled and lifted up the rifle sitting on his lap. It was a sleek instrument made of dark wood and dark metal and it had engraved on it such patterns as to look like something out of an art gallery, not a device for ending men. “Well, see what I’ve got here,” He said in his welsh accent; almost as broad as Douglas’ Scots “This here is what theys call a Baker Rifle.” He moved his hand slowly down the barrel as if it were a piece of delicate china “It’s accurate but it loads like wet sod and has te be kept as clean as is possible. We’ve been using these since Napoleon’s days.” His hand reached the butt of the rifle and he spun it up to rest on his shoulder, more proficiently that any soldier, to him it was an art.

“But it’taint any good is it Ioan?”

“No, it’s old, out of date and going out of fashion; just like us.”

“Aye,” Robert replied sadly “That it is.”

Then the Welshman sprang up and walked over the room to a bracket in the wall and took out another rifle. “Now, this is a real beauty,” he said, cradling the firearm in his hands “10 pounds o’ weight, can fire further than the Baker, faster than the Baker, muzzle loaded lead, made in the factories at Enfield, 30 inches long and firing 0. 654s. This, my friend, they call a Brunswick.”

“Is it good?”

Ioan held up the gun, looked down the barrel, tossed it in his hands before placing it back on the bracket. “It’s good.” He proceeded to a smaller table nearby and showed the still seated Robert a small package. “It doesn’t fire standard shot though, has a little belt on it.” He put the package down again “That’ll make it harder to acquire munitions but it’s a damned fine rifle.”

“Lassie Stuart wans te raise a new army. Is this the right gun fer it?”

“Aye, this is it.”

Colombia – Edge of the Demilitarized Strip

Simon Bolivar looked out across the vast landscapes of his homeland. His now divided homeland. He stood on one side and he imagined someone else, somewhere, standing on the other side, looking over to where he stood. Maybe one day they would meet. But not today.

He stood on the edge of the Demilitarized Strip, an area of land that separated Brazilian Colombia from Colombia-Main. The strip stretched lazily right through his homeland; it put Cascaras in Brazil and Maracaibo in main. He had opposed this completely when the process of deciding on a border had been made. He had opposed foreign powers ever entering his green and pleasant land. But what ought to he have done. His nation had been bankrupted and revolts had erupted across all the cities. He had saved his country. Or at least that’s what he kept telling himself.

The Demilitarized strip would still be there, in years to come. Simon could do nothing about it. Until the two great powers agreed on a mutual treaty there would be no united Venezuela, his dream of a free South America was crumbling around his feet. Maybe it was time he changed career...

7IC - New Caledonia
4IC - Limey Warfare
1IC - Science
2IC - Factory in Central America

That last city in Colombia hates me.

Empire of Brazil
9 IC

3 IC - Colombia

4 IC - 2 Factories in Guiana

2 IC - 1 Factory in Brazil

Top Bottom