TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Oh crap! I must've accidentally unsubbed this... Did I miss anything?

I got lucky. Only have to worry about Egyptian raids.

If you look at in real life (wait, check the orders, okok, safe to tell you) you won't count yourself that lucky. :p. Hopefully you can give Erez a good reason to let you survive... for now. :p

Just kidding. Just send orders before duedate/deadline and you're golden. :)

Could be worse. I almost assumed this was dead cause I hadn't got a notification o the thread for a week.

I would just like to say I am very much looking forward to this update.

Can I get my update to you tomorrow evening? I'm a little busy tonight and I can't give this the attention it deserves.

He was replying to electric, saying he has enough time to get orders in.

Was Update 3B an actual update? Do I need to send orders?

It was not an actual update, but yes you do need to send orders by Wednesday so that Update 4 may commence.

My current dynasty of Egypt, which is based on "Conquer everything" Will end by the end of the coming update, so my neighbors need not worry about getting their lands occupied. Than again... Having your lands occupied is not the worse that can happen ;)

Rattles cage. Looking forward to the several-day-off-update, Terrance. GODSPEED.

Update 3C
2850-2825
Chinese Combat Communications

It took thousands of casualties, but the Xilaroi-Xiong alliance utterly destroyed Zhangat. The Nomads have conquered the Yellow River and are preparing to settle, while the Young Khan and the Silent Emperor wonder how far they will work together in the future as disease sprouts up throughout china.

On the Xiong Front, they burned their city to the ground and rounded up tens of thousands of Chinese, and then drowned them in the river to form a dam. This allowed them to place a bridge and swarm across the river.

On the Xilaroi Front, waves of soldiers poor into the Zhangat forts while Xiong Chariots swarmed their supply lines. The Zhangat Army tried to remain mobile, but was eventually pushed to the Walls of Qi’an itself.

It started when a sick Zhangat Soldier manning the walls of Qi’an fell to one of the few Xilaroi archers. He tumbled down outside and landed in a pile of bodies.

Later, Xilaroi engineers clearing the bodies at night to prepare for the next day’s ladder assault caught fleas from the sick man’s body.

A week later, all the Spearmen were dead and the Longspear Guards were incapitated. What they didn’t know is that the Zhangat fared badly as well, if worse. Unable to man the walls fully when the next assault of the few healthy soldiers arrived, they fought to the death, the sick brining themselves to form a spearwall as they died in formation, one by one as the invading Chinese themselves fell dead in the middle of combat. The Dead, military and civilion, littered the streets.

The macabre dam upriver broke, and it’s cargo, brining the sickness with it, floated down river.

Now the Zhangate is no more, but it has been replaced by the Sickness. The Xiong Horde, lead by it’s Young Khan, is preparing to settle down, but neither he or the Silent Emperor can plan for the future of the Yellow River.

The Yellow River turned black with death.

Xilaroi: -2 Xiong Warcarts, -6 Longspear Guards, -2 Separmen -1 Archer, -Confidence, No size increase -2 Economy from sickness, (Lost 2 Longspears, 1 Spearmen, and 1 Warcart from combat)
Xiong Horde: -2 Xiong War Carts, -2 Xiong Archers, -1 Xiong Warrior, -1 Confidence, -2 Economy from the sickness (Lost 1 Warcart, 1 Archer, conscripts from combat)

Spoiler :
Xilaroi/General Olaf
Color: Light Green
Religion: Primitive Animalism
Size: Small
Economy: 2/2/-2-0
Military: 2 Longspear Guards (2)
Confidence: Apathetic
Culture: Average
Projects:
Description: Of the Xilaroi, their home city, Xilatang, dominates the trade at the delta and the fishing fleets of the yellow sea. Their Emperor rules by the common consent of powerful nobles, and allows many freedoms for his people. However, all know that he has countless men in his pay, and the few who would dissent against him decide to stay silent because of that. They have a bright future if they can continue their brilliant leadership in the conquest of China.

The Xiong Horde/NPC
Color: Blood Red
Religion: Primitive Animism
Size: Tiny
Economy: 0/2/0-0
Military: 1 Xiong War carts (5) 1 Xiong Warriors (2)
Confidence: Admiring
Culture: None
Projects: None
Description: The Xiong Horde is a powerful tribe, one of the first to master the Chariot. As they migrated they slowly conquered many other tribes and forced the rest to attempt an invasion of China. Now that their fleeing victims failed, the Xiong themselves ready themselves to war, with a surprising ally.

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your next orderset will join up with the normal update.

What happened was your Army was too large, unsuited for the combat, without logistics for siege, got bad rolls, and there was nothing done for the sickness, which started last turn. Ah well, you’ve got to rebuild.

I'm wondering, how can you join other NESes, put them in your sig, and somehow don't have enough time for my NES ?

Well, General Olaf couldn't send decent orders and would have had to face a 2/5/2-2 monster with nearly 2000 Chariots with his action, so I gave him a chance to catch up.

Let's just say that the RNG reflected the mood I was in. :mad:

Not going to give second chances anymore. The time between Due Time and Deadline is your second chance from now on. Miss it, sorry bud, I might or might not add you depending on what's happening or where you are, but most likely you are going to be out of luck.

As for the rest of you, you all got it within due date (except Zimbabwe and Ethiopia) so I'm working on the world other than Africa and China tomarrow after Exams/Tournament/Sekai. Current Schedule is Mesopotamian War->Egypt+Canaan->Middle Eastern Trade (Ethiopia?)->Aegean Trade->Hellas War->Aegean Domestic->Black Sea Stuff;Dual Kingdom of Valyria (to be renamed)->The Vallarvale Incident->Northern States->Ctesiphod Focus-> The Erias Incident->Toras-Noth Domestic;Osismied;India Domestic->New Neighbors;China/Zimbabwe

Fun! :D

Top Bottom