EltNES: THIS World is Yours

@Eltain, please use my remaining point to expand the existing climate in the region to I4 (from the bay area to I4).

Update I:X

Link to ze map
Spoiler :

A9 - A huge vein of metals is found in the northern hub of the world, where the ice clings to the ground year round. It will be especially difficult to harvest this metal, however, because of the temperatures.

E8-E9 - Hills have trapped a freshwater ocean high in the hills above the sea proper, which will invariably spawn ambitious life at some point. The mountains of the northern Continents have also connected here, forming forever an unbreakable bond between the two landmasses.

J4 - The name Moldath is written on the mountainside in humongous letters, but an avalance quickly destroys it. Boohoohoo :(((

H1-K8 - In the west, a glorious abundance of food explodes into life life, foreshadowing perhaps some strange reason why it should all be here. Hills bulge and form a secondary landmass in the east.

H11-I11 - A new landmass has formed in the far east, a location devoid of any formation for eons. Mountains raise, promising great things yet to come.

Mod's Choice: These players were awarded the points, and were asked to spend them as they wished to finish the map. They have done so.

+2 merciary
+1 Terrance888

OOC: The first phase of the game has concluded, and the above is how our collaboration turned out.

I am going to finish it, and we will then proceed to the next phase in the game. I predict this to be done around Wednesday, at which point I will assign the flat starting rate in addition to bonus points based on who received the Mod Choice the most.

One final note, no one has guessed my favorite part of the rules, so the bounty has increased to 5 points. (One guess per turn.)

"Each player starts with 10 points. Every turn, a player is given 3+1d4 more points. Every 5 turns, a player is given 1d20 more points. Ehere are 10 turns in this phase, or more or less depending on how crowded the map is.

Each turn the mod will award 1 point each to 2 players that he liked the selections of the most. Ehe mod will never be chosen."

How you use E to start all of these sentences even though you spell words wrong?

The E is near the T.

It's not wheat, Terrance, it's grain.

Please wait until Wednesday when the final map is put up, the front page totally updated, and you are officially assigned points by me to send orders.

Edit: I will also request that at that time, everyone re-reads the civilization phase and orders example sections of the front page.

One final note, no one has guessed my favorite part of the rules, so the bounty has increased to 5 points.
The bit that says you get points? :p

:C I want this to update faster.

While We Waittm for wednesday (I promised myself I'd pace), I direct you all to the NES Development thread, to check out the proposed ruleset for the third phase of the NES.

Intermediary between I:X and II:I. or Update I:XI

Map 1:

Link to ze map1
Spoiler Map 1 :

Please note: I am not a climatologist. I read up on wikipedia and looked RL winds, what do you guys think? I am only pleased with the western sea's winds. The northeast's climate (around the little sea) also displease me.

Map 2:

Link to ze map 2
Spoiler Map 2 :

Tada, mountains.. wait, they look like colors, though! No! They are mountains. My initial reaction was "this is awesomelol" but looking at it now I find it difficult to distinguish between heights.. Perhaps darkening the layers, and removing the climate would help? Suggestions, with which I will experiment and then show you guys?

My initial thoughts:

Add the mountain/hills layer underneath/on top of the grey contours.
The above, without climate.

Climate:

Purple: Sub-arctic or Mountain. In all cases very rainy.

Green: Mediterannean (Cool winters, hot summers, heavy rainfall)

Dark Green (F7): Tropical/Sub Tropical (warm autumns, hot hot summers, seasonal rains)

Darkest Green: Tropical (warm autumns, hot hot summer, seasonal rains)

Tan: Continental (somewhat-seasonal rains, cold winters, hot summers)

Darker Tan: Arid Continental (southern half of the southern continent) Above, but drier.

Brown (B8): Semi-Arid/Arid (Hot summers, cold winters, little seasonal rains)

Cyan: Arctic/Tundra (deathly winters, cool summers, seasonal severe blizzards, semi-seasonal rains, seasonal floods)

Mod's Choices:

*Drumroll*

Terrance888, in a huge lead, with: 8
Moldath: 4
General Olaf: 3
merciary: 2
Lord of Elves: 2
Boundless: 1

Totals: (Includes the above additions.)

26 points: Terrance888
25 points: Moldath
25 points: Gem Hound
21 points: General Olaf
21 points: nutranurse
20 points: merciary
20 points: Boundless
20 points: Lord of Elves
20 points: TerrisH
14 points: Eltain :(

By George (the Patron god of NESing) Gem Hound has got it! 5 Point bounty for him.

Winnar said:
10 points - add Barbaric Races [species. sentient. go nuts.]

With each addition, I'd like you to write a little flavor for your civilization, posted with your orders. How is it's army run? What is it's calendar like? What are some names for countries that might develop, leaders? What are internal struggles it deals with as we progress, what delicious coups have happened, what governments formed? Also, as you add religion, I'd like you to write on these things as well. Warning: If you do not, I will make up whatever I want for you, and it will be badly written and you will not like it and I will throw pencils at you like my music director. That civilization with the most Flavor will be given a reward at the end of this phase AND the beginning of the next. Note: Please actually post it -with- your additions.

Front page updated. Everyone, there have not been -too many- changes to the rules, but please do re-read them. Now that that is out of the way, please feel free to go ahead and do yo stuff.

Edit: For the record, although this is a collaborative building game, I am the moderator, and I get a veto. On everything. It will likely never come such as this, however I do reserve the right should the need arise. What does this apply to, you ask? Again, everything.

Perhaps darkening the layers, and removing the climate would help?

Probably this.

Orders:

3 points: add a town at the river mouth in E8, and another next to the lake, in the same tile
4 points: add a city by the horses in E7
7 points: Teinism; based aroung the worship of a centauric god, Tei (or Tein in some texts). Tei is said to pull the sun across the sky (said to be composed of sand) on a sledge, and (strictly vegetarian) offerings are made by a high priest daily to feed him and keep new days coming.
7 points: bank, for now.

Spoiler :
5 points: Add barbarian tribes, of the peacable and farming kind, far east of me by those mountains. They are called the Githanki (plural Githankic or Githankian, I can't decide) and fight in rather large warbands.
Did you get that from the Githyanki in D&D?

Orders: ((25 Points))
5 Points - Add a capital city at the fork of the river in B9. The city would be called Malkier and the people would be the Malkieri(Plural).

7 Points - New Religion - This religion doesn't really have an official name but is normally called the four.
This religion has four deities: The Warlord, the Wiseman, the Crafter, and the Caretaker.
The Warlord is the god of war. He deals with every aspect of war.
The Wiseman is the god of wisdom, science, etc.
The Crafter is the goddess of crafters, artists, blacksmiths, etc. She deals with people who make things other than weaponry.
The Caretaker is the goddess of the family.
There is also a fifth god named the Thief but he is nearly not worshiped by anyone. He is death.

10 Points - New race -
Spoiler The Men of the Ice - WHAT THE HUMANS CALL THEM!!!! :

Spoiler RP that Eltain didn't like :
They live on the farthest Northern stretch of land in Eltania((A7, A8 and above)) Their origins are unknown but this is known: If they were human, they are not humans any longer. If you actually manage to touch one, your fingers stick and if you rip your fingers off, your skin stays on their skin. They are immune to arrows, sling bullets, etc. They have bright blue eyes and are bald. The easiest way to kill them is with a big blunt weapon like a war hammer so they crack. It takes a few heavy blows to make one shatter. They do not have a heart that we know of and no one knows where their intelligence comes from. As far as we know, they are made of ice. We know they are sentient because of them sometimes having weapons and also that they have a base of operations in the North. They also wear furs for some reason. Why? I don't know. Regardless, during the winter they continuously raid the outlying villages. They carry off everyone they can. They never take our supplies or weaponry but their numbers grow every year.

Spoiler Full Explanation :
Powers: They can turn humans into their kind. They do not feel the cold and melt like ice. They move slower then humans but can take many many hits from several different types of weapons. Warhammers, flails, morningstars, etc. work against them in far less hits. They are sentient in groups. They are directed in a hive mind sort of thing. They do not have a name for themselves. They are simply "the people" to them. They do not speak but communicate to the other creatures like them through telepathy. You can call them if you want though the Icemen.

Spoiler Iceman :

3 Points - Add Towns - One added in A7 near the mouth of that icy Northern River. This is the capital of the Men of the Ice. The other town is added at the mouth of the river in C8.

3 Points - Add Towns - One added in A7 near the mouth of that icy Northern River. This is the capital of the Men of the Ice. The other town is added at the mouth of the river in C8.

General Olaf: Sweetness, our first religion. Tei, the Centaur. What do the people living in these towns and city call themselves?

Gem Hound: Game of Thrones, then. I SEE HOW IT IS. (I am not actually mad, shiz be crazy.) Names, I need names. What are your people called, what do they call the ice men, what do the ice men call themselves? (No one knows?) Also, I had previously said in the purple only towns and few cities could exist, so the Capital will be in the continental zone at the fork. That okay? Edit: Also I'd like a name for the religion, otherwise I'll name it "<people's name> Polytheism". Also, yes, it is from DND, but I was just making an example and am not going to use Githyanki.

DOUBLE POST CAUSE I CAN.

14 points:

10 points: I4: Add barbaric race, the Lycalidk.
Spoiler Lycalidk :

Very man-like in that they stand upright on their hind legs, and have opposable digits, however with the face and body of a great hyena or wolf.

Moa mounted herders of sheep and goats, they have in the eons past lost most of their feral instinct, and innate speed. Their superhuman strength has remained, however. They usually live in small tribes along the W'tawni river, and never organize large cities of their own. The more peaceful of these born warriors has been spotted in the markets of human cities, trading luxuries, though.

3 points: I4: 2 towns, either side of the river by the Moa, effectively TAMING IT. These towns are primarily populated by Lycal, however human wanderers have been seen resting here.

1 point: Bank.

5 points - add a Capital city in D3, where the river enters the sea. decent harbor, mostly relies on fishing. Name is Garlino
10 points: add barbarian race in C3: Montholin.
Spoiler :
descended from the woolly mammoths that roam the region. as large as their forbears but more intelligent. apart from a slightly larger head, the main physical difference are their bisected trunk. they split twice, first in half approximately 1/3rd down it's length, then again about 1/10 of it's length away from it's end into 4 finger thumbs. decent dexterity, though human hands are much better at fine details.
nomadic, and travels in groups of 6-12 usually, with the occasional male wandering about on his own. they are very clearly tool users, and often braid hooks into each others hair to hang the tools on. Communication between tween members is conducted via powerful vibrations through the ground, allowing them to talk to each other over vast distances if necessary. can not speak humanoid toungs, so communication with them will have to be via writing. Still primary a herbivore, but considered blood to be a delicacy and very tasty, though never hunts for it, merely draining any predator foolish enough to attack them. lives all over the plains of C3.

5 points: bank

will write more later.

Well Eltain you took one of my species ideas, luckily I have more:
20 points:
10 points: Add barbarian race in G-11 : Swiech (I couldn't resist :p)
Spoiler :
The Swiech are rat men, slightly shorter than man and slightly weaker but much more agile and much faster. Swiech are highly individualistic and generally each individual focuses on their own improvement and survival. Their villages, or warrens, appear to be in anarchy but still manages to function due to the notion that working with others increases ones own chances of survival, note this is a recent idea and has not fully placed itself in Swiech society yet. No one rules the warrens though occasionally a strongman will manage to enforce his will but they rarely last long. Swiech will do anything to stay alive so Swiech livelihoods are as numerous as there are Swiech.

6 points: 4 Swiech towns scattered across the islands at G-11

Bank 4 points

Have fun Nutra ;)

Top Bottom