Pie's Ancient Europe

Movie project for PAE V is complete. 42 movies add 18:31 in wonder movie content.
For reference, an aphebetical and pictorial listing can be found in these two links:

Part One

Part Two

I really can't describe my happiness in words of that' amazing work! Thx mourn!

PAE is on the best way to get the best ancient mod or even ancient game!

I really can't describe my happiness in words of that' amazing work! Thx mourn!

PAE is on the best way to get the best ancient mod or even ancient game!

on the way... no, hell no. It is the best ancient mod.

was fun to do. Have some other pieces to add to this outstanding mod ! Will post that stuff soon

Any info on a new version with all this sweetness? :mischief:

:D, there are so many outstanding things to implement.
at the moment I can put some time per day in development and I am at the implementation of India and Nubia. Two new civilizations with two new city and unit styles. I am happy to found out, how the CityLSystem works - it took 2 weeks testing and reading - but now I got it.
It is a very awkward thing, every line has to be correct, otherwise it doesn't work, as usual, but this time, there are lots of lines for only one style (1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 2x2,....) and a melange of ERAS and nif-graphics.... I am not finished yet and after that, I'll implement the ethnic units for those civs.... and after that I'll make those buttons.... and after that, I can go on in my list.....

this list includes: the movies, a new mercenary feature, a new capture (RPG) feature with princesses, new resources (one for a natural disaster), a new city conquest feature, lots of new leaderheads, lots of new events, a new heresy feature and lots of small updates.....

but because of my RL project that has to be finished in April, there is hardly a chance to finish PAE V before that....

Sounds great!
I can't wait for PAEVI :D
Or it will be PAEVIII by the time you include all those things? ;)

Those are fantastic mourndraken. :eek2:
I had many hours of enjoyment making those movies :) Glad that you like the effort !

Pie, I understand that it might be late in the process, but I have always noticed that part of the scenario map never has the historical player that was present in ancient times. I speak about the Britons or the Picts.Personally I would love to battle Calgacus of the Pict or any other Civ of Briton. When the Gaul gets conquered, that whole NW part of the map is just barbarian.

Because the British Islands had been settled by Iberians and Celts in former times....
And for scenarios it is possible to take the celtic style and rename the CIV.

But I really think about it all the time because I also use Babylonians, who were Sumerians and Carthagians who were Phoenicians... so, I think of it and probably add the Britons.

That makes sense. Their tin is something that every Civ needed (needs).:D

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod! :D
I still have version 1. (That's right, Version 1, that OLLLLLLLD version :lol:)
But I play version 4.

One question about Hellenic scenario in Europe. Any chance u can expand the map a bit. U cant get to Britain from Mediterran. No water on West Spain/Portugal. :D

One question about Hellenic scenario in Europe. Any chance u can expand the map a bit. U cant get to Britain from Mediterran. No water on West Spain/Portugal. :D

The lower part of the Hellenic map was based on an original map by veBear. He decided to cut off the most western part of Spain. I can't change that, because I'm on a Mac and therefore can only expand a map to the North or East using e text editor. Only proper map editors (not available on a Mac) let you expand a map westward. En_Dotter, you would need to get one and add some water in the West, yourself, to sail merrily to the Baltic Sea. (But I actually hated moments like this, when you thought you killed the Phoenicians, for example, just to later find out, they sent a settler to the Baltic Sea and hid somewhere in the last corner of the map with one last city on Gotland;)…)

En Dotter - I'm sure that Keinpferd would update the scenario if a map like that was posted ..

Great stolen!

I got sthg for you ;)

The only thing you have to proof is, if it is the LAST city of the civ, so that you don't show the Sack-option in the popup. because in python, after conquering the last city of a civ, there is no preowner (culture) anymore.

If you got any other wishes about it, tell me.

Fantastic job on this mod! Keep it up.

FUN FACT: The Emperor Valerian ended up as a slave in Persia and his job was to be a foot stool when Shah Shapur wanted to mount a horse. Valerian's legion became engineers building canals in Mesopotamia

Nobody knows what happened after. That's just stuff from Christian propaganda.
A lot of stuff about the emperors' life is unclear and fabricated since they pretty much always suffered all kinds of criticism afterwards from different parties, etc...
Not even Nero was probably as bad as he is usually painted.

Fantastic job on this mod! Keep it up.

Nobody knows what happened after. That's just stuff from Christian propaganda.
A lot of stuff about the emperors' life is unclear and fabricated since they pretty much always suffered all kinds of criticism afterwards from different parties, etc...
Not even Nero was probably as bad as he is usually painted.

Yes, my model of Nashq-i-Rustam commemorates this event. Emperor Valerans was used as a "footstool" for when the Iranian monarch wanted to mount his own horse.

Awesome PIE. Can't wait to see the feature in action! :woohoo:

Top Bottom