RFCEurope 1.0

Also, I think that the faith points are missing from the screen if I play as Bulgaria.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I didn't notice anything playing as the Arabs...

Are you sure it wasn't becasue you didn't acquire any faith points yet?
I don't see anything Bulgaria-specific in the faith points' code

Both Bulgaria and Arabia start with pretty large stacks, if they don't start at war with the Byz, then those stacks do nothing. If they start at war, then Bulgaria and Arabia get to capture an extra city from the Byz and this helps a lot more than peace.

It may be a bit of an abuse that the player can plan ahead and kill them as they spawn, but this is much better for the AI. If we let Bulgaria and Arabia start at peace, then a Human Byz can kill them anyway, it is not that couple of cities are that much harder to kill than one city and one initial stack.

Both Bulgaria and Arabia start with pretty large stacks, if they don't start at war with the Byz, then those stacks do nothing. If they start at war, then Bulgaria and Arabia get to capture an extra city from the Byz and this helps a lot more than peace.

It may be a bit of an abuse that the player can plan ahead and kill them as they spawn, but this is much better for the AI. If we let Bulgaria and Arabia start at peace, then a Human Byz can kill them anyway, it is not that couple of cities are that much harder to kill than one city and one initial stack.

For AI versus AI this would be ok, they would probably get an extra city. Or two.

Like I said earlier, towns are easy to capture but a stability nightmare. You cant afford that as the Byzantines. But the vanilla version of this might be preferable, after all only a few players will "exploit" the game by killing the starting stack.

Most of the interface disappears after researching Astronomy, at least for Portugal.

This is what the city screen of my proud capital looks like, 2 turns from researching Printing Press which also doesn't show, CTRL+ to view provinces is non functional as is all hover info .. is it specific to Portugal or is it more widespread?

Most of the interface disappears after researching Astronomy, at least for Portugal.
Without actually testing it, I'd say Frankia has the same problem.
In RFCEurope/Assets/Python/screens/CvMainInterface.py, line 2164, change "iColonies = pPlayer.pPlayer.getUHVCounter( 2 )" to "iColonies = pPlayer.getUHVCounter( 2 )" to fix this.

Playing as the Norse. It is 1239 and the turn won't pass. The little globe waiting thing just lasts forever. I've tried changing stuff, re-loading, turning the game off...something is making the game stick. It isn't frozen, i can save, load a game, even look at civilopedia, but the game won't go past turn 213. Really frustrating.

Save is in other thread.

Without actually testing it, I'd say Frankia has the same problem.
In RFCEurope/Assets/Python/screens/CvMainInterface.py, line 2164, change "iColonies = pPlayer.pPlayer.getUHVCounter( 2 )" to "iColonies = pPlayer.getUHVCounter( 2 )" to fix this.

That was the problem indeed, thanks

@3Miro
In RiseandFall.py, shouldn't the createAdditionalUnits function only happen to the AI?
Those additional units a few turns after spawn are way too powerful for the human
I got those extra 7 horse archers on my third turn with Arabia...
I see that it's called in the convertSurroundingCities function, but don't get why is it necessary

As Arabia yes, but for some civs you really need them if you start at war with a powerful neighbour like France.

As Arabia yes, but for some civs you really need them if you start at war with a powerful neighbour like France.

I don't think a human player needs them, not even against a superpower AI
As I said, I would only give additional units to strengthen the AI spawns

Otherwise why would it be separated from the main spawn?
If there is no difference between human and AI spawns, why couldn't you just get those extra units with your initial stack?

I feel hard to click the hire button...
Though I don't know this is a bug or just my PC's problem

Hmm, I thought this was already fixed
What's your screen resolution?
Is this problem still there if you switch to bigger resolution?

1024*768, window mode

i have the same problem
changing screen resolution doesn't help, tried it
the bug is somewhat odd though
it doesn't seem to exist from the start and not with all civs..
i have a game as england where it's an issue, i hired some mercs early in the game but any mercs that show up can't be hired anymore (no button)
and i really could use those welsh longbowmen..

I have another game as spain where there the problem doesn't seem to exist, have hired mercs and can hire more...

But you might want to concider adding some more mercs to certain regions, or i'm simply conquering the wrong places with genoa, I had originally assumed that northern italy would be a good place to hire mercs nut all I get so far are a couple of condottieri sometime around 1300 when i research chivalry... and by then I don't really care about mercs that much any more

I started this new RFCE with one of my favorite civs of previous versions: Arabia.

The map is really nice, much better then the previous one, more mercs sounded pretty nice too, and the dual ghazi spawn on arabia province is now a lot more challenging then before.

But there was something that I couldn't really know if it was a mistake or if i'm not aware of Adrianople being a city different from Hadrianopolis. The Byzantines in my game founded a city in the province of Thrakesion (same of Smyrna), and it was named Adrianople (exactly 1 tile north and 2 tiles west of that Crab resource between Thrakesion and Cilicia, near the end of the river that separates the provinces).

I thought it would be useful to share this here, but maybe I'm mistaken, I don't really know a lot about the Byzantine Empire, but this caught my eye.

I believe it's a bug in the XML. If so, it will be very easy to fix.

@ All
If you spot the same problem with Poland, Hungary or Lithuania, don't worry. It's the same bug.

EDIT: Fixed.
Unzip the file: .../Mods/RFCEurope/Assets/XML/Buildings (If it doesn't replace anything you're doing it wrong!)

Is there a v. 1.1 now or should this be added to post # 1 maybe?

Top Bottom