v22 bugs and crashes

that means that you have to bring stack of 5-6 ships to take it down.

in my previous game i was shocked when i saw my caravel destroyed by some shark, then i closely looked at promotions :) In my current game i have war canoes and Great White Shark, who ate couple of my canoes and promoted to +360%, so i have to very carefully plan my sailing now with it lurking around :)

Please don't lower it, it's really a challenge. I would like to see same for ground animals so my uber hunter with 50 promotions would have something challenging to kill.
Yeah great you like it, I also have some über-critters roaming around, I think it's a little buggy in my original concept the +540% vs wooden would be the 4th promotion for the sea animals, it sems as if they get it as 3rd? Once a 1 strength Dugong wins a fight he gets 10 xp for that and is level 3 asap it seems...

True, would be cool to have stronger land animals, too...

With the latest SVN I can't see my units outside my cultural borders. They are still there and appear when it's their turn to move but I can't select them or see them after they have moved. I also can't select some workers who are working. I can't see some enemy units outside my cultural borders, but if I move my mouse over them I can see that they are there (the names but not unit graphics). I didn't turn the new unit thing on (it's default is off, right?).

There also seems to be quite a long delay after the enemy move part of the end turn.

Save game attached.

Attachments

• Spa 2.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
Ditto I have the same, Workers, animals, and some ships disappear and then reappear. Appear to get a task, disappear when given a task. SVN revision 2459, just updated this afternoon. Wasn't happening before (obviously ;p ). Need save, given.

Meant to save in middle of turn after all city builds are over so it would be easier to see, but saved at end of turn. Sorry, will need to cycle thru city builds 1st. Then the magic show begins!:eek: :lol:

JosEPh

Edit: Seems that I can't get any further after this save, instant CTD when I click EoT button. Minidump attached too.

Yeah great you like it, I also have some über-critters roaming around, I think it's a little buggy in my original concept the +540% vs wooden would be the 4th promotion for the sea animals, it sems as if they get it as 3rd? Once a 1 strength Dugong wins a fight he gets 10 xp for that and is level 3 asap it seems...

True, would be cool to have stronger land animals, too...

The problem is with the XP settings on the raft. You should only be getting one or two points max for attacking a raft. I have noticed that many new units have not had the values in those tags adjusted to be more in line with their combat strength.

@ls612 would you please change the following values on the raft from
Code:
			<iXPValueAttack>[B]6[/B]</iXPValueAttack>
			<iXPValueDefense>[B]3[/B]</iXPValueDefense>
to
Code:
			<iXPValueAttack>[B]2[/B]</iXPValueAttack>
			<iXPValueDefense>[B]1[/B]</iXPValueDefense>

I've got that same disappearing units bug, and also another bug - subdued animals are always the first defender of any city, regardless of combat strength. In the attached save, Hippo has just received a subdued macaw - but that forest hill to the NE holds a (hidden) roman hunter, who should kill the poor bird IBT. Also, it stays fortified at 25%, despite having attacked.

Attachments

• Hannibal BC-1407.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
Also the enemy units disappear each and EVERY turn, can see them to figure out where they are at, unless you pick one of your troops, i personally dont like that, if that is an option??

Now get a crash when selecting WB also, besides the disappearing units problem??

Didnt even get to settle the settler?

There maybe something wrong with the calculation of anger from hurrying productions. 3 of my cities have 4500+ turns and 30+ angry faces remaining after several asset recalcs and every recals seems to add to this number. Savegame is somewhere near rev 241x but tests were conducted with rev 2468.
I loaded the attached savegame and did several recals on the same turn and everytime the number of angry faces rises as well as the number of turns for this anger to last. Check Novgorod for example. This only applies to my first 4 cities (which were probably the only ones I had in Slavery). The thing is, I can't even remember if I ever did hurry something in these cities. I try to avoid whipping.

View attachment 320302

There maybe something wrong with the calculation of anger from hurrying productions. 3 of my cities have 4500+ turns and 30+ angry faces remaining after several asset recalcs and every recals seems to add to this number. Savegame is somewhere near rev 241x but tests were conducted with rev 2468.
I loaded the attached savegame and did several recals on the same turn and everytime the number of angry faces rises as well as the number of turns for this anger to last. Check Novgorod for example. This only applies to my first 4 cities (which were probably the only ones I had in Slavery). The thing is, I can't even remember if I ever did hurry something in these cities. I try to avoid whipping.

View attachment 320302

Recalc seems to be still bugged, i never use it in my games

Now get a crash when selecting WB also, besides the disappearing units problem??

Didnt even get to settle the settler?

This was reported a couple of days ago, and as I said in reply to that, it didn't happen on assets from about a week ago, even with the latest DLL. It's 99% certyainly an asset issue, and the fact that mushrooms show up as pink blobs makes that the prime suspect. I have too much lse to do to go hunting for someone's broken XML this time, so I'm not touching this one unless it's still around when I have completed everhthing esle I need to do, which wont be until probably next week.

View attachment 320302

Thanks for the save - I'll look into and fix this.

Getting weird things with units visibility (same issue with or without dynamic entities enabled):

On 1st and 2nd screenshots there are barbarians and units in pink city which are only become visible when I select my canoes nearby.

On 3rd screen there are units in tundra tile which i can't select because they are invisible, but mouse hovering over plot shows the content. Also if i move another unit over them then I can select those units.

Edit: ah seems the same glitch like people mentioned above...
Edit2: with r2458 DLL the glitch went away.

This was reported a couple of days ago, and as I said in reply to that, it didn't happen on assets from about a week ago, even with the latest DLL. It's 99% certyainly an asset issue, and the fact that mushrooms show up as pink blobs makes that the prime suspect. I have too much lse to do to go hunting for someone's broken XML this time, so I'm not touching this one unless it's still around when I have completed everhthing esle I need to do, which wont be until probably next week.

I suspect the mushrooms were showing up as a red blob not a pink blob they are caused by different problems. I think I may have deleted the wrong art/terrain/resource folder the other day. I have restored it.

Units visibility issues started to happen after i updated SVN today (2 days i think as i did not update yesterday because there was not much to update) and yesterday i had no visibility problems.

I suspect the mushrooms were showing up as a red blob not a pink blob they are caused by different problems. I think I may have deleted the wrong art/terrain/resource folder the other day. I have restored it.
The mushrooms are shown now and I don´t get the CTD anymore when trying to open worldbuilder :thumbsup: .

But with the attached savegame you can see that there are pink symbols for the mushrooms when you turn on the ressource view (button with the question mark).

And also I get a CTD when I press enter to finish the turn with the attached savegame :cry: .

My test on Nomad keeps CTD'ing all the time for no apparent reason.

I have an Autosave I can upload. When I use the Tribe unit to pop research, skip turn with Clubman and skip turn with Stonethrower the game CTD's instantly.
There is no Minidump created, not on any of the 5 crashes I had.

The save is a HotSeat (for comparison between Settler and Nomad type of play) with one AI player.

Cheers

The mushrooms are shown now and I don´t get the CTD anymore when trying to open worldbuilder :thumbsup: .

But with the attached savegame you can see that there are pink symbols for the mushrooms when you turn on the ressource view (button with the question mark).

And also I get a CTD when I press enter to finish the turn with the attached savegame :cry: .

I know what that is even before I down load it. basically I moved the XML into core but forgot to move the buttons. I will test and when works will put it on the SVN. When I deleted the duplicate files the other day I deleted the wrong duplicate :blush: I deleted the core ones not the old mod ones.

The recently reported (from yesterday and today) issues with:
  • CTDs
  • Incorrect units defending stacks/cities
  • Erratic unit visibility

...are now fixed in the latest SVN.

With the latest SVN I can't see my units outside my cultural borders. They are still there and appear when it's their turn to move but I can't select them or see them after they have moved. I also can't select some workers who are working. I can't see some enemy units outside my cultural borders, but if I move my mouse over them I can see that they are there (the names but not unit graphics). I didn't turn the new unit thing on (it's default is off, right?).

There also seems to be quite a long delay after the enemy move part of the end turn.

Save game attached.

See earlier post in regard to invisible units.

The only delay I can find that seems to match what you mention here is about 5 seconds in which it is performing an auto-save (which happens to occur on the turn of the save game). How often do you have auto-save set to operate?

View attachment 320302

Just pushed a fix for this to the SVN.

I can't magically recreate the correct anger time in games that had been corrupted by this so I have done two things:
  1. Fixed the bug that caused recalculations to add more to the hurry anger timer (and increase the number of unhappy people indirectly)
  2. Added a 'hurry foregiveness' hack, which will eliminate your hurry anger turns remaining if they somehow get above 1000 turns, which will rescue this save

Top Bottom