TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

How did I change your name? Your area is the Western Seas, we call you Ctyria... what's the matter?

Unless it is a map from your country's perspective, Italy is still called Valyria, if I do recall. Germany isn't.

The attractive Piram sprinted through the anxious market of Etass, barrelling towards the library, running further from his wife as he cried in the streets:​
“I need a son! I need a son by Kitab’s name!” Strong and agile, Piram stopped not out of exhaustion for dashing through the city, but very suddenly he began to think. He concluded his thought a moment later, and, shoving through the traffic of commoners, he kicked and growled his way towards some stony merchant home.​
He pounded at the latched door.​
Opening kindly came a face of wrinkles like mighty rivers, a Moserean in robes. Piram grabbed the man’s arm, forcing him to protrude his hand so Piram could dispatch royal coins to him. Piram was mumbling and stuttering in his speech and couldn’t communicate more than those coins could indicate, which was, that the king had sent him, and that these were the king’s coins, and that this man may keep them. The kind man kept the rare silver trinkets, and allowed Piram to race a young child across the front room, whereupon Piram shuttled several hard tools and other trinkets of engraving, mining, etc. out of the building and down the street.​
He stumbled, dropping a pick and a small clay tablet, receiving the attention of some fateful Forman city guards. He saw their approach in his peripheral, and as he returned upright handed them his tools, and showed them his last silver piece which is wisely kept on him for future use. The guards recognized immediately he was an assistant of the king, and were elated at the prospect of getting a mention from this young man.​
He wouldn’t mention them.​
The three marched towards the library, with Piram’s royal edict in his hands.​
Piram gawked once more on this clay piece which the king had imprinted the symbol of Nir Aram upon. Piram smirked and smashed it before the entrance of the library.​

BY THE WAY GUYS!!!!!

6 Months left, more or left, in the seige of Etass. Attack, counter attack, blah blah. Most important news here is that half the Hurrians got to the other side while the other half drowned via Rammage by curraghs. This is to say that the Garrison is now only outnumbered 3-2, with food running out faster but a chance of doing something.

MEANWHILE

Viria and Parusha start preparing armies, supposedly to fight the Medean menace.

Hurrian battlelines stabilize, Etassite Hurrians use archers to harass supply barges of Hyak.

Mini-updates are back as an option. Will Levea wish to take this advantage?

Unless it is a map from your country's perspective, Italy is still called Valyria, if I do recall. Germany isn't.

The official name of the area around my nation is the Rhineland. Valyria is still Italy, but the name of the nation that I rule is the New Valyrian Kingdom. The collective area around Valyria is the Western Seas, which is what seems to be preferred in the updates, so I labeled it as such.

Also, it appears that no one else wants to play the game for the Iron Lances. :(
I was looking forward to it as well.

I've made it clear from the start that I have no interest in getting involved in that war.

I was interested in some NPC diplomacy though, working to build stronger relationships with my Kitabalist neighbors. Perhaps, if they are not interested in the Tariff Reduction Agreement or if such a thing doesn't fit into your rules then I could interest them in some League style military training. While we train. In our bases. Far away from any war that I have nothing to do with.

The Administrator doesn't even have that sort of authority to declare wars and intervene in foreign lands. This has been my excuse from the start and I'm sticking to it.

In any event I already tried to send you orders. If you want to execute those then feel free.

The Administrator has authority. He has the authority to enact domestic projects to assist the various cities. He has the authority to raise troops and do anything to defend the borders of the League and the wellbeing of the cities.

But foreign wars? Foreign wars are a drain on the purse and weaken domestic defenses. It goes against everything that he's supposed to do. That sort of thing is a matter for the Councils.

In my little Free-Market Privatized Theocratic Oligarchy The Councils won't even take the matter to a vote.

To: Danae, Viria, Parusha, and Hormun
From: Karesh, High Priest of Kitab, Representative of the Levantine League

These are truly turbulent times and it is often hard to find good and faithful friends. I hope to walk that path with your people. The League of my home is not ruled by Kings, we do not ask you to bow down, and we do not even interfere in the matters of our own cities, although they feel the pride and prosperity of camaraderie.

But we do wish to expand the trade between our peoples, perhaps tariffs in the League could be lowered towards the Exaltation States if we could hope for the same in return, but all of this is conjecture. What are you comfortable with? Kitab smile upon your people, Resurus grant them strength, and may Morae provide them with skill of their craft. I await your replies.
The Administrator has authority. He has the authority to enact domestic projects to assist the various cities. He has the authority to raise troops and do anything to defend the borders of the League and the wellbeing of the cities.

But foreign wars? Foreign wars are a drain on the purse and weaken domestic defenses. It goes against everything that he's supposed to do. That sort of thing is a matter for the Councils.

In my little Free-Market Privatized Theocratic Oligarchy The Councils won't even take the matter to a vote.
Ahem, let me give you an in character response.
From Parusha
Any land not ruled by a King is not strong enough to deserve to be talked to. To be ruled by a King is to be ruled by a person of strength; To be ruled by a council is to be ruled by people of weakness. You do not deserve our contact.

From Viria
Faithful Karesh, we do not dare to lower our tariffs any further, as such they are nearly rock bottom already. May your pleas reach more welcoming ears.

From Danae
Why should we concern about your tariffs? It isn't our fault that we are so oh-fabulously rich that our merchants can pay any tariff with their change, while yours are stuck outside of our lands. Come back when you are richer, or have a better position to negotiate.

From Hormun
Who are you again? You are so far away any agreement will barely affect us. We're more concerned about Axumite merchants and Dakinsan markets, and anyway would prefer to raise our tariffs instead of lowering them for dubious gain.

So war in Nubia?
From Kush
You're not worth bleeding for. You irrigate your fields with our piss. You grow your crops with our crap.

Come to think of it, I will open the Mini-update for all! 25 years, folks, military/psuedo-military events only, with skeleton results in the end of the miniupdate.

Miniupdate orders due Saturday. Please label all such orders as such.

If we recruit new units during that time period, what about them?

I kindly point you towards the rules.

I would like to say that only military spending will be counted in the miniupdate, and that logistical costs will be comparably less than the full update, with logistical spending in minupdate accounted for the full in case of surplus.

My BY THE WAY GUYS posts are formated the way the Miniupdates would work.

Understood Terrance, will have mini update orders in when I can get them in.

Bah! My plan for a incorporating a huge United States of Levea of isolationist merchant states and pushing for democratic reforms is dashed!

To Viria

We respect your reply, and as your tariffs are already so low we will be glad to reciprocate and allow merchants of your nation to enter without tariff into our cities. They will require some proof of origin, but we will mostly be working on documenting your exports and ensuring that they are allowed in freely. If you would like to work together to train soldiers then we would be glad to train alongside you for the defense of our lands.

-The Full Council and the Administrator

To Parusha

The power of the king is robbed from the people. We live in a nation where each man is the King of his own destiny, rather than servants to a single crown. It is blaspheme to put men above Gods, and in the Holy and Free Lands of the League men serve their Gods and not other men. I am a little surprised that your messenger has not yet abandoned your cause and sought refuge in our glorious lands, but perhaps this is to be expected. He is but a shadow of a man, with his will and strength drained by the orders and demands of a monarch, it must be truly frightening for such a man to behold the free and bold citizens of the League. I imagine he will scamper back with shaking legs. Because he is a dog. Yes, I'm talking to you. Now take this message back to your little king.

-The Administrator

Why did Kush send me a message? Didn't they already agree to pay me 3 economy and 1 economy every turn for tribute?

From Viria

That is indeed respectful of you. For the training, we hope that we can work together for such purposes, but our motives as of late are slighty more aggressive than mere defense. We wish to strike back at the Medeans with the hammer blow that is All Aramya.

From Parusha

The Power of the King is borrowed from the gods, you ungrateful whelp! Nir Aram is two-fifths god of the power of Danu and Kitab themselves, and his empowered bloodline flows through the Kings of Etass, Parusha and Danae! You insult me one last time, and its WAR with you scum who deny their power!

From Danae

We can easily ship our goods through Axum instead of the League to get to the Heretical Seas. Let the trade dry! If they insult Parusha once more, or Kingship of any kind, we will support their declaration of war.

A Very Specific Sort of Authority

The Administrator laughed at the little messenger before calling in his guards.

"You cannot arrest me, I am an ambassador of the King! I must be allowed to return!"

"I believe you said we were at war," said the Administrator, "And you will be allowed to return. Don't doubt me. I am a man of my word. But we are at war."

"Yes, and the King will smash your cities double for this! Can you imagine what Danae will do?"

"Smash us double you say? Maybe. But still, I should thank you. You see I have a very specific type of authority. I have authority in wartime. I cannot be removed from office during wartime. I can do whatever I want if someone threatens to invade. I will send you back, but I think that your balls ought to stay here. A man ruled by a king doesn't deserve testicles."

-

OOC: There, I'll send you war orders now. Not right now, but soon.

To the League
From Parusha and Danae

I guess you didn't take our warning seriously, eh? All trade will be diverted southward to Axum, no Paruhorsehockye or Danaean merchant is allowed to enter the lands of the League on the pain of death. No League merchant may enter Parusha or Danae on the pain of death. War is declared.

Now that that is done, we can take a break and talk about where to send our troops. The Medes are the most important threat right now. Oh, the League? They can't even reach us, so what do we care? We destroyed their livlihood, and that is that. Confiscate all League merchants currently in our lands and their property and hold them ransom. Its good that so few of our merchants work in the League...

Top Bottom