TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Would you rather I join a current nation or form a new one if I were to join? I have plans for both, but I'm not sure what your current situation is, Terrance888.

To prevent their utter collapse into civil war and formation of countless warlords. :scan:

Oh, I see. They want to preserve the order of their society by causing a war between two great nations in order to make sure that their economy and nation does not collapse into ruin by forcing them to become more militaristic and band together, thereby consolidating power and creating a structured order that prevents dissent and collapse from within, while at the same time, subjugating foreign territory and giving victories for the people to fawn over, in order to enjoy and not question the leadership of the nation, thereby strengthening the power that the king and nobility have in their hands, allowing them to continue on with this war until they have subjugated and absorbed a bigger nation and given themselves more territory and items to work with, therefore preserving their stuff and making sure that they can rule in peace for quite some time to come.

It's so genius that I will quash them out of existence with my legions of spears.

People are stupid, even if leaders are not. Unfortunately, sometimes leaders are stupid too.

tl;dr Humans are stupid.

Also, see Cossacks.

But of course, Terrance.

As a brief question, unknown if this has been touched upon before, but with about three or four vassals, do I also draw up orders for their respective domains, military troops, and investments, or do I just call on them to do stuff?

To: Huai, Seoul, Pusan, Dahai

The lun cheshou, the wheel riders, once more encroach on Jinyi borders. We have word that they threaten all of the Xilan, for they ride under a Khagan and a single banner. The northern tribes have united. All the nations of the long coasts must put aside their differences if we are to repel those who threaten our civilisation. Will you stand beside Jinyi?

But of course, Terrance.

As a brief question, unknown if this has been touched upon before, but with about three or four vassals, do I also draw up orders for their respective domains, military troops, and investments, or do I just call on them to do stuff?

You ask them to do stuff, make suggestions, ect.

@DC: I would always like another player for Xilan, or the Central Seas area. The Nile is full, Levea is dominated by one player, and Keltia is full.

To: Huai, Seoul, Pusan, Dahai

The lun cheshou, the wheel riders, once more encroach on Jinyi borders. We have word that they threaten all of the Xilan, for they ride under a Khagan and a single banner. The northern tribes have united. All the nations of the long coasts must put aside their differences if we are to repel those who threaten our civilisation. Will you stand beside Jinyi?

From Dahai
Of course!

From Pusan
We don't really care, so no.

From Seoul
We will send some aid.

From the Huai
No, not at all.

OOC: suggestion for Keltia:

Don't split it into two regions, split it into three smaller ones. France/Frenksland, Britain/The Isles, and Germany/East Keltia (better name?)

I quite like just 'The Isles' for its simplicity, but of course I'd bow to your wishes since you're actually in Keltia. :)

OOC::goodjob: on the update.

That worked much better than I expected it too :)

IC:
The war was going well. The banners of trade and the banners of folly clashed under Kush, and the winner was clear. Most of the glory rightfully went to the brave soldiers who fought the battles, the elephants, and their trainers, heros of the Federation. That said, accounts often overlook the supply train required to execute the plan. Indeed one of the failiures of the arrogant Egyptians was that they had no real supply train. There army ran out of food, and they failed. The elephants had done well, the war was nearing completion. Amde was one of the men in the backwork that made it all possible. His job was to supply food for the elephants. He was a Kuhorsehockye merchant and one of the few who have not been in the city of Axum. Now, a plan to meet one of his suppliers from Etrika ment he would finally go to the capital of trade.

Sailing his old ship down the Nile, he saw the forts and settlements of the Axumites built long ago when Kush was being founded. It was safe to say that these forts were the reason for the countries mutual prosperity. This was the first major trading venture of the Axumites, and this is what let Kush unify. Now these forts were turned into weapons warehouses, their owners rich from ferrying troops across the blue nile. Their owners were also notably absent, hiding in big cities. The Egyptian army was about, reduced to a gang of bandits, raiding for food. Amde did not stay in these stops long, for the region was still dangerous, as the Kuhorsehockye armies worked to clear it. His homeland had stood well to punish the arrogant Egyptian fools and their treacherous allys the Nubians. The pharoh had been foolish to demand tribute and he payed for his folly.

Further South he sailed past the cities of great central Kush. Past the hills from which much of the gold to which the Federation currency was pegged, past the breadbasket of the Trade Federation. He sailed into Axumite Ethiopea. He had been here several times, sailing to Northern Ethiopean Nile ports, but it still never failed to surprise him that even the border guards tried to sell him something. In this case fresh Nile Fish that looked to be North Ethiopea Fisheries discard. He shrugged of the offer and went on further into the great trading state. Even in North Axumite Ethiopea almost anything could be brought, for a price. A notable exception was war supplies and ships. As soon as these appeared, the military bought them up, leaving little for private use. Coffe here was remarkably cheap, and good quality, as it was everywhere in Axum, grown as often as wheat. He bought some for resell up North from a merchant with a Lybian accent, most likely a third generation Lybian from the mercenaries that guarded caravans on the Southern Nile.

Some time later, he reached one of the numerous Nile ports of Axum. It is in this city, he was to go inland, taking one of the well paved roads from this city to the capital. Traffic filled the road both ways as arms, armor and food flowed one way to the army, and fish merchants, Kuhorsehockye grain salesmen and many others went the other way. On these busy tracks, locals sold there wares, spices from Aden, shelfish from Hormun, etc... There were also abundant scammers, including one person who claimed to be selling Caananite wood, while his brother was gathering shrubs nearby. Few fell for these scams, as most Axumites could spot one from a mile away and it was a gift quickly learned. Most merchants sold there wares honestly, so Amde continued, toward the great gate of Axum.

As he neared the city, instead of the farmland that surrounds most cities, he was greated by miles of warehouses. The outskirts of the bazzars were large woden structures, storing everything from weapons to wood. Beyond that lay the beating heart of Axum, where city streats and merchant shops replaced each other such that one could hardly tell one from the other. One of the odder things about this bazzar was that Egyptian goods were still obtainable. Brought here as contraband, these goods were sold like any other. Trade will always prevale. Trade will always live, no matter what the arrogant kings decide. Trade will rule the world, and this city is a monument to that.

minigame 5

Even a God can die!

- Hirohito, Emperor of Japan

Emperor Tokugawa V died in Battle. His son, Tokugawa VI, is only 12 years old. His Mother, Chin, became Empress. His Mother had a great respect for the Ainu. She was Ainu, but was captured and became slave by Emperor Tokugawa IV. The son of the Emperor fell in love with her and married her.

Not everyone liked Chin's rule. The most angry about her attempt to make peace was General Hirohito. Hirohito had led his armies in many battles. He could not accept peace with the Ainu. He also could not accept the rule of a Barbarian. Japan is only ruled by Japanese, not Barbarians.

So Hirohito organized a coup. Two days later, in the darkness of Night, Priests, soldiers and Warriors of the Sun God gathered outside the palace and shouted.

'' Death to the Barbarians''

Under the Official Law, Chin was considered Daughter of the Sun God. So she replied to the rebels.

'' Do you really think that you can kill a God?''

Hirohito shouted.

'' Even a God can die''

Soon Hirohito ordered the attack. Everyone in the palace died. Hirohito became Emperor and was declared Son of the Sun God by the Priests.

'' In the name of the one and only all-powefull Sun God, Hirohito, son of the Sun God, is declared Emperor and shall rule in the name of the Sun God.''

Hirohito prepared his armies. He was going to wipe out the Ainu and bring peace to the Empire.

Also renamed his Empire to Eternal Empire of Japan.

So I'm trying to understand.

A bunch of elephants destroyed my entire camp causing enough chaos for things to just start burning across Egypt?

Top Bottom