IOT: Land Ho! [Redux]

More info later.

Some you seem to believe that you get to determine the impact of your strength/ benefit. No, you tell me what your strength/ benefit is and I will be giving you an appropriate trait as well as explaining what that does.

Holy Empire of Prussia

Government: Plutocratic Empire
Economy: Mercantilism
Capital: Berlin
Religion: Catholic
History: Later
One Strength: Junker Leadership
One Flaw: Headstrong

Will have to finish later; I really have to go

Just one thing...

You don't, uhh, control Prussia...

Name - The Kingdom of Normandy
Flag -
Spoiler :

Type of Government - Feudal Monarchy
Economic System - Feudal System with a growing Merchant class
Capital - Rouen
Religion - Catholic
History - After the death of William the Conqueror, his elder son Robert II, inherited the Duchy of Normandy, while the other son, William Rufus, inherited England. Robert's descendants had felt betrayed, since England had been a far greater prize than Normandy. However, they bided their time, until 1356. Then, the Normans declared independence from France and reconquered England. Now, the Kings of Normandy control all of Normandy and most of England once again.
One Strength - Strong Leadership
One Flaw - Friction with the Church
Claims -

Kingdom of Jerusalem

Took the liberty of placing everyone on one map for context.
Spoiler :

Government: Absolute Monarchy
Economic/Social Background: Free Trade, Serfdom
Capital: Jerusalem
Religion: Catholicism
History: The Kingdom of Jerusalem's expansion into the state shown began when it was historically on the decline: during the Second Crusade. The Kingdom successfully took back Edessa and re-established the County of Edessa. Political power over the County and other Crusader-States eventually lead to the Kingdom having dominance in almost every aspect of the states. Success of the Second Crusade was a deciding factor when Jerusalem helped to defend Antioch and the capture of Damascus was avoided. The invasion of Egypt was a success, and as such the Kingdom successfully installed the Kingdom of Egypt and County of Sinai, similarly to the re-estabilshing of the County of Edessa. With all threats to the west eradicated, the Kingdom was able to focus on defending its northeastern border. Eventually, the political dominance over the Crusader-States lead to outright union of them. The Kingdom of Jerusalem now controlled the lands of the Kingdom of Egypt, the County of Sinai, the County of Tripoli, the County of Edessa, and the Kingdom of Antioch. from this union, the Kingdom only grew stronger and was able to successfully annex the rest of Syria and Jordan.
One Strength: Highly militarized society.
One Flaw While most of the domestic population is Catholic, the surrounding areas... well, aren't. In all directions of land, there are Muslims. They don't take kindly to the crusader-state, which is to say that citizens and military alike are unwelcome in the provinces not already under the Kingdom's control.

Just one thing...

You don't, uhh, control Prussia...

I'm sure there's an interesting backstory to this. I can think of some interesting NPC ideas.

Took the liberty of placing everyone on one map for context.
Spoiler :

Doin' God's work, son. :D

Saves me some trouble.

I'm gonna have my first update tonight. We already have a decent number of people signed up, and future joiners can take over NPC's anyways. The thing is, I am going abroad (to Peru) this Saturday. As such, at that time there will be a two week break, resuming as soon as I return. I would like to crank out several updates before that however, so expect this to be somewhat fast-paced.

To aid the speed I am making a Google Form for filling out orders. Should make things more efficient.

Everyone please try to get all roleplays, history, etc. filled out in the next four hours, which is when I plan on updating.

I'll try to get it up shortly.

Edit: annnnnnnnnd done.

King William IV would like everyone to know that the rest of England is claimed by Normandy, and Normandy will be the successor to the Frankish Empire, and so the rest of France will soon be ours.

EDIT: Alright, it doesn't look like I will be able to do RP before the update. We can all pretend I have a reason for the current situation instead, or I can do a belated RP after the update. W/e.

But yes, there was a reason. In fact, it would make my life easier once I see who the NPC's are.

And I do plan on gaining Prussia's RL holdings. Poland, maybe I'll wait a while for that part ;)

In a nutshell: After HRE collapsed Junkers formed a plutonic aristocracy, eventually choosing an emperor. The emperor was bad, and so was overthrown and a new emperor was chosen. Then the old emperor rose in revolt. -->He was in Berlin, so de facto seat of power moved, explaining my updated first post.

EDIT 2: Oh, and since people are claiming crud in Europe...I claim Germany, of course! And Prussia! And the Holy Roman Empire! AND THE WORLD!!

But seriously. stay out of Germanic land.

EDIT 3: Its also cool to see that everyone here is fairly educated. Protestant revolution aint for a while yet!

EDIT 4: Oh, I updated my main post too. May want to take a look.

Okay, a question about the rules:

Where do we need to explore to claim Siberian/Eastern territories? Asia? Or can we just claim them anyway?

EDIT: Also, stay out of Russia. Or you will regret it.

Okay, a question about the rules:

Where do we need to explore to claim Siberian/Eastern territories? Asia? Or can we just claim them anyway?

EDIT: Also, stay out of Russia. Or you will regret it.

Just made this slight modification to the rules answering your question:

Alternatively, nations bordering the eastern edge of the Old World can colonize adjacent colonies that are not on the Old World map after paying a one time deposit of 25 EP.

Poland and the yellow country in the Horn of Africa- Sadly I must update. Not all your info is up to date yet; the most crucial missing part is the Strength/ Weakness info. Therefore you will not have one until you do add that info, but I will go ahead and update anyways. Should be out in a little while.

Strength and Flaw added.

Joining as my previous nation:

QUOTE=Omega124;10923961]Name: Kingdom of Denmark-Finland

Type of Government: Absulote Monarchy
Economic: The Usual
Capital: Copenhagen
Religion: Catholic
History: The failed Kalmar Union went even worse than it did historiclly, with both Norway and Sweden breaking off, of at least trying. Scania and lower Norway, however, still stayed with the Danish crown, who now befelled themselves at a momumental disavantange.

The first Dano-Swedish war, starting in 1470, however, took a different path. The initial Danish invasion was not repulsed, and the Nords from the south were able to make major pushes into the country. Stockholm, however, was out of their reach, and could not be taken. Instead, they turned their eyes onto Finland. While useless to them in the long run, capturing it would be a symbolic victory of dismantling Sweden, if they could not take it back completely. By 1474, Finland had been overan by the Danish, and by the Treaty of Brukenberg, Sweden was reconized as independent, but Finland would be handed over to them. With the conclusion of the war

One Strength: Kalmar Union: We have claims on the entire Nordic world.
One Flaw: Overextension: Demark is not prepared to take a hunk of ice, which it only rules by proxy.

Spoiler :

EDIT: See once province overlaps with Celtia. Just move to some unclaimed section in Southern Norway.

Italian League

Government: Mixed Feudalism-Republicanism
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism
Capital: Firenze
Religion: Roman Catholicism
History: During the collapse of the HRE, North Italian states banded together against the German Emperor, fighting for Italian representation within Europe. At the same time, Roman citizens revolted against the Papacy and declared Rome secular, confining the Papal States to the Vatican. The former Papal subjects united with the North Italian states, forming the Italian League as it is today.
Strength: Venetian Arsenal
Flaw: Factional Partisanship

Spoiler :

Russia, we WILL get our ancestral lands back. The Teutonic Order shall rise again!!!

On that note, what exactly do you define as "Russia..."

Russia, we WILL get our ancestral lands back. The Teutonic Order shall rise again!!!

On that note, what exactly do you define as "Russia..."

This (the Red bits):

Spoiler :

Although we are happy to negotiate about the European bits.

I have not the time right now but I will post a reply with pics tomorrow. I can work with this.

Top Bottom