TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

This will probably become the spotlight, although I will share some for others too. I am starting very soon.

Keep in mind that my orders are coming tonight. :p

Orders due in about 2 hours.

I found out that the stats are really messed up. The statblock on the Front Page is different from that of Update 14, miniupdate 14.5 OR from my notes. I have reconciled the differences, and will take orders at facevalue (I trust if you spend 8 EP you do have that much, even if the "corrected" stats show 9EP or 7EP.) Thanks.

Orders Recieved
Gem Hound
Lokki242
Spaceman98
Optical
Tambien
Christos
Stockholme
DC123456789
Eltain
TerrisH
Erez
Luckymoose

Orders Not Recieved
Daftpanzer
Lord of Elves (Informed me of Latehood)
Matt0088
Lord_Iggy
Southern King
Double A (Europe)

Although orders are due in 44 minutes, I will be unable to be here to set the Line of Death. So thank fate for the extra 4 hours you guys are getting.

Orders were just sent.

An Excerpt from Levea: An Illustrated History of the Cradle of Civilization

At the beginning of the reign of Kargash-sar, the growing edifice of the High-Kingdom was growing increasingly unwieldy, largely as a result of several centuries of temporary solutions and compromises piling atop of one other. The arrangement of power was decidedly haphazard. The nation possessed a High-King of the Baraganid Dynasty, who ruled everything except the realms of the Larenid King of Ortun and the Khurzelid King of Alamhadat. The King of Alamhadat ruled all of the city which was also the centre of the Hyakkid High-Kingdom, minus the Palace itself, which was under the High-King’s rule alone. Merion had once possessed domestic autonomy under the rule of the Hazerelid Dynasty, but with that lineage’s extinction, the Kingship of Merion was now in the control of the Baraganid Dynasty, the current leader of whom was also the High-King. A King is akin to a junior partner of the High-King, who possesses domestic autonomy over his own lands but bows to the High-King in foreign affairs.

Shamammu was theoretically also under the direct control of the High-King, although it was in practice governed through a highly-independent Lordship, held since its inception by the Khurtalids. This dynasty descended from Khurtali-bel, the half-brother of Sarrukan-sar, and the son of Naran-sar and a Hurrian princess. Numerous Hurrian Lordships existed between the Sirian Marches and the Lordship of Shamammu, but as these were split amongst a dozen or more lineages descended from Hurrian Chiefs who had pledged allegiance to the High-King, a century of more in the past, and though some of these Lordships had consolidated, they regularly broke up back into their original components if the dying Lord had more than a single son. As such, while the Hurrian Lordships were a significant force when united, they rarely wielded power as a single force, as Shamammu did. A Lordship is similar in function to a Kingship, except that the Lord must answer to the High-King in domestic affairs. Thus, a Lord is akin to an upholder of the High-King’s will, who answers to no one lower than the High-King himself.

Meanwhile, in various border territories and the Sirian marches, the High-King held de jure power, but had appointed inconsistent assortments of local governors to operate these more distant governments on his behalf. It was in these areas that Kargash’s reforms would have the greatest immediate effect.

4 pages worth of orders sent. Bow Before Takarzi.

EDIT: I've gone through the stats and realized that I used slightly wrong numbers:

Front Page
Hyak, High-Kingdom of/Lord_Iggy

Color: Azure Blue
Religion: Takarzite Kitabalism
Size: Large
Economy: 24/4 (3/15/6)-4
Military: 3 Ox Chariots (5), 1 Spearmen (4.5) 2 Spearmen (3), 3 Spearmen (1.50, 4 Archers (3), 3 Archers (1.5), 1 Qurabu Klabanatu (6), 2 Qurabu Klabanatu (4), 5 Qurabu Kalbanatu (2.0) 3 Curraghs (1), 20 Curraghs (0.5) (6 Hurrian Auxilaries)
Confidence: Tolerating
Culture: Strong
Projects:

Update 14

Economy: 24/4 (3/15/6)-4
Military: 3 Ox Chariots (5), 1 Spearmen (4.5) 2 Spearmen (3), 3 Spearmen (1.50, 4 Archers (3), 3 Archers (1.5), 1 Qurabu Klabanatu (6), 2 Qurabu Klabanatu (4), 5 Qurabu Kalbanatu (2.0) 3 Curraghs (1), 20 Curraghs (0.5) (6 Hurrian Auxilaries)
Projects:

Update 14.5

Economy: 24/6 (3/15/6)-4
Military: 3 Ox Chariots (5), 1 Spearmen (4.5) 4 Spearmen (3), 5 Archers (3), 1 Qurabu Klabanatu (6), 3 Qurabu Klabanatu (4), 3 Qurabu Kalbanatu (2.0) 3 Curraghs (1), 20 Curraghs (0.5)
Projects:

I should have used the Update 14.5 Stats, which feature my losses from the mini-update. I don't think this should have too significant an impact, but if it made me send more troops than I actually have at an objective, then that's probably just a side-effect of me reading the wrong military unit counts. :p

Yeah, just resend them with the edit and say that they are the new and improved ones.

The Line of Death is 1 hour away. These players are playing with fate here. :scan:

Daftpanzer
Matt0088
Southern King
Double A (Europe)

EDIT: I would love for excuses to be sent before, not after, the deadline 51 minutes away.

Yeah, just resend them with the edit and say that they are the new and improved ones.

The Line of Death is 1 hour away. These players are playing with fate here. :scan:

Daftpanzer

EDIT: I would love for excuses to be sent before, not after, the deadline 25 minutes away.
If Daft misses, I'd say NPC him for this turn, and have him go with my plans somewhat(levy troops and gold for him too). Daft said he would help me in the group. Dumonos is a big part of my plans.

--------------------------

LINE OF DEATH!!!!!

The Dead:
Daftpanzer
Matt0088

The Wounded
Southern King (internet problems)
Double A (Europe)

Update on the Update
Regions and Order
Xilan
Levea
Egypt
Eastern Seas
Western Seas
Keltia
Khand
Mississippi

Spotlights between each region.

Overall, I don't really feel like releasing the hounds right now. Go away, let me update what I can in peace. Or war, I guess.

Probably wasn't wise for me to join this NES after all, apologies. I've rough orders/ sent NPC guidelines if that counts for anything.

POOC Story:
Yet another faithful cannibal charged at his spear. He had killed many of the cannibals already. The cannibals retreated and regrouped for another charge. Inhuman screams came from their mouths as the things which could have once been humans charged at the shield wall. Their ribs were showing and their teeth were yellowed. The barbaric hordes continued to charge as Yeslak lost track. The man beside him fell and the cannibals ripped at his flesh. He stabbed down and killed one but another took it's place.
He eventually gave up on his friend as the swarm turned to him. He was able to block off the attacks with his shield, but it wasn't enough. That is when the jaws of the trap closed. The cannibals panicked as they became completely surrounded by the orderly armies of Armorica. The fear drained from Yeslak and he got up off of the ground and continued to fight against the armored cannibals.

OOC: Since no one but me paid logistics...
Edit:
OOC: Since none of my enemies paid logistics...

I paid 6, thank you.

My evening's project was naming every city labeled on the map in Hyak (and a few places that should be in Hyak), and drawing a map showing all of the internal borders in Hyak.

I used GIMP. I took a picture of Hyak on the map, zoomed it in 8x times with no image extrapolation to keep everything crisp, made a layer for names so that I could label every city (researching reasonable names for each city was the most time-consuming part of this), and then zoomed in and drew one-pixel borders on a layer named 'borders'. I drew out the outlines of the High-Kingdom at different time periods (by superimposing partially-transparent maps of the region from different updates on top of the image) and then worked out where the regional borders would be. For example, I looked at the area that I gained in the War In Heaven, removed the area that was the core of the new Lordship of Shamammu (which Sarrukan-sar granted to his loyal half-brother Khurtali-bel), and then cut up the rest amongst the 17 Hurrian Lords who joined me. With the borders drawn, I flood filled certain areas of interest with different shades of grey, and set the borders layer to 40% opacity, to provide the colouring you see.

It is my general understanding that Hyak's language is a dialect that would be roughly related to OTL Akkadian, so this website has proven to be extremely useful, as has the Wikipedia article on Akkadian.

My map is on its way :) Even if I don't get the scanner to work before I leave, I'll take a photo of it or something so I can get it on here ;)

POOC Story:
Yet another faithful cannibal charged at his spear. He had killed many of the cannibals already. The cannibals retreated and regrouped for another charge. Inhuman screams came from their mouths as the things which could have once been humans charged at the shield wall. Their ribs were showing and their teeth were yellowed. The barbaric hordes continued to charge as Yeslak lost track. The man beside him fell and the cannibals ripped at his flesh. He stabbed down and killed one but another took it's place.
He eventually gave up on his friend as the swarm turned to him. He was able to block off the attacks with his shield, but it wasn't enough. That is when the jaws of the trap closed. The cannibals panicked as they became completely surrounded by the orderly armies of Armorica. The fear drained from Yeslak and he got up off of the ground and continued to fight against the armored cannibals.

OOC: Since no one but me paid logistics...
Edit:
OOC: Since none of my enemies paid logistics...

That may not be the case with the new orders that I have sent.

Top Bottom