DominatrNES: Infinite Struggle

Chapter Four: Utugia The Juggernaut (121-150 WhC)
Gilguron, the largest empire by far, expanded its territories, both by settling small desert villages and by attacking Ashpai yet again. The Ashpites were not surprised by the assault, but with dwindling supplies, the Ashpites had trouble defending their land. Otara made a stand in the east, and soon enough, Ashpai began to become desperate. They asked nearly every state they knew for assistance, and even the newest state in the region, Nunag Hagat, turned them down without hesitation. Keshbar, tired of taking a beating from Burisht, took some pointers from the Gilgur military and made their own advances. The tables quickly turned, and Negat pitched in to help the more friendly neighbor.

Things were relatively calm along the Wisay river. Pyrem's aggression faded and prosperity came in its place. Pyrem turned to trade to support its society, and they became good trading partners with Crodila. With new states rising, such as Set and Mephata, Pyrem began to seek control over their region's trade.

To the north, the Trymos river continued to flourish as a center of trade and communication. It became evident that control of the region was necessary in order to maintain the success. A new state, Uldothar, rose in the central area where the river forks. They held a strong presence for a bit of time, until Phoces became interested and swindled their way into a portion of land so they could have a greater foothold. Although it wasn't the size they were looking for, it was enough to work with.

There was a wind of peace seemingly sweeping across the lands, except for the Blacksoil Steppes, where the young mongrel of a state, Utugia, proved itself to be quite the juggernaut. After multiple disturbances and instances of unwarranted aggression from Utugia, the local states decided that something would have to be done. Considering that diplomacy was very unlikely to succeed, they turned to an alliance. Khay Lat, Sholdhor, Shosay, and Paschim Ghati, all united as one to take Utugia down, but it turned out to be a huge mess. The initial attack came too late, and Utugia was a step ahead. They began to pillage and plunder Shosay and Sholdhor, ultimately razing villages and forcing them back to the mountains and coast, respectively. Two small states, Uaral and Kolkur, witnessed the bloodshed in the steppes, as Utugia dug deep to fend of approaching troops. With the attack separated, Khaylatian and Paschim Ghat warriors trekked for days only to be massacred. Not every battle was one sided, though. Paschim Ghati made an adamant defensive stand, but that was the extent of their military successes, save for a few groups of stray Utugian warriors being enslaved.

The Haredicumian waters were a bit more calm than the steppes. The only active conflict was Alexaendros and Ecta versus Kryon, and it began to become a bit of a disaster for the once revered Kryonian military. Iomir had a short, successful campaign to capture the Tembrn half of Uharrhesia. Phoces made a notable conquest of a sizable island in the eastern part of the sea, and established contact with Concha, a new state along Oroca's southeastern coast.

Extal had its own taste of war as well. Moctzal, invaded Tlaah, accusing it of being a "false kingdom". Not a large amount of land was captured, but the land that was became devastated. Slaves were taken back to Moctzal to be sacrificed. The invasion didn't turn out as Moctzal had expected, but regardless, their tenacity shattered Tlaah's confidence, and a foothold was forming. Several other new states rose in the Xkelum region, Gumo and Hekkai, but Moctzal was clearly the dominant power.

The balance of power in different regions was solidifying and shifting. Once powerful empires were crumbling and other ones were rising in their place. Each region has seen quite a bit of conflict already, but the dawn of time was not too long ago, so much more bloodshed (and prosperity) is due for the future!
Map:
Spoiler :

Great update, glad to see that this isn't dead :)
The only thing that sort of bugs me is the lack of NPC stats, which would be helpful just to see what they have.
And I promise that wen I finish my next section of the story for N3S that I will start posting RP here :)

Great update, glad to see that this isn't dead :)
The only thing that sort of bugs me is the lack of NPC stats, which would be helpful just to see what they have.
And I promise that wen I finish my next section of the story for N3S that I will start posting RP here :)

it's not dead, it's just that the summer is winding down and i'm so much busier. I'm still trying to do a chapter each week.

I meant to keep npc stats sort of secretive, and it would be a pain to post them since there's so many of them. If you want the stats of a certain npc, you can just pm me and i'll send them to you. :)

Hmmm.... Plans will have to be made.

And I am happy, as I have the largest treasury by far. Wealthy trader states have their advantages. :)

there's a handful of npc's who have more than you, but they got it mostly from winning war, not from trade.

List of the 10 Wealthiest Civilizations:
Spoiler :

1. Gilguron
2. Pyrem
3. Phoces
4. Crodila
5. Iomir
6. Glypthus
7.Holigra
8. Zoa
9. Nihamurat
10. Khay Lat

Sorry, I've been tired and in pain because of soccer practice- 3 hrs a day yesterday, today, tomorrow, monday, and tuesday :cringe:
I will get in orders tomorrow or sunday morning.

Don't think I have time for this, sorry!

thats fine, thanks for playing! :D

Being that we have less players then before, i would like it if we could get some more new players to join in and make things more interesting. If any of you guys could recruit your friends or anyone you think would enjoy this NES, that would be great!

Update will be in later today!

ahh awesome !!
waiting for the update eagerly.

I told some of my pals today over skype,

...... they are not a member in here, and reluctant to signup :(

Nation’s name: Lycia, Lycians

Capital City: McNoobVille Ordos
Leader: Regent Aronokath

Place Names: Bryitha, Cassor, Themtri, Mazdin, Socran

Societal Structure: The military in Lycia is the power structure. Those with greater positions in the military receive more land, wealth, and status than those without. At age 10, a boy is sent off to receive military training. They are trained by those who retired from combat, but possess the combat experience. At age 18, the boy is then placed into a selected branch of the army, where he will serve until retirement. Boys who reach 18 but are unfit for service are sent off into the wild for 10 days. If they survive, they will be given a job at home, among the women. If they die, they are too weak to exist in Lycian society. Women hold no power in society, for they do not engage in combat. They raise the children, farm crops, and some even craft weapons!

History: The people of Lycia were once simple hunter-gatherers. They lived a peaceful, prosperous life. It did not last long, however. Others envied what the Lycians had, and soon came by force. For decades Lycia fell into turmoil and conflict; they were left with little because others would raid them and take what they had. This all changed when a lone man, Aronokath, united the once-peaceful nation and rallied them to fight. In the end, they succeeded in driving out the barbarians and thieves, and were left with a militaristic-oriented society.

Attachments

• mountainsz.png
    mountainsz.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 60
Chapter Five: Expansion (151-180 WhC)
Gilguron, continuing it's expansion, preyed upon the Ashpai. With Nunag Hagash sweeping their southern villages, Gilguron was able to crush the northern force. Ashpai was wiped off the face of the earth, and the small number of refugees fled south to establish the state of Ennoch. Otara also faced the same fate. With crumbling leadership and an exhausted military, Otara fell apart when Gilguron, Keshbar, and Negat attacked. Di Ota, the great city was brought to ashes, and Keshbar replaced it with a trading junction. Keshbar conquered Burisht too, avenging the many raids and trade disruptions brought upon them by the Burishtans. Many of the major powers of the region began solidifying their states and strengthening themselves. Sinopa, once a state for Dropans in exile, expanded nearly two-fold. Crodila gained a new neighbor to their south, Epri. Another state, Thorys, is born to the east of Pyrem.

To the north of the cradle region, stability returned. Utugia's molten anger settled, and peace was made. Utter chaos was very close, but the agreement sent the armies back to their home states. Paschim Ghati and Khay Lat calmed and made territorial expansions to regain their power. West of the Zoan river, two ruffian states, Bargon and Dah Djiom, were formed.

As one region cooled, another heated up. The Haredicumian sea was the site of several great naval battles between Phoces and Iomir, almost all of them ending in Phocesian victory. Iomir was no match for Phoces on the seas. However, they made a solid defensive stand to guard their home island. In all, Phoces was the clear victor, capturing the rest of Uharrhesia, and small islands to the south of Iomir. ON the mainland, Alexaendros had similar success. They were able to shatter a cowering Kryon army, and drive them out of the region. A new state, Zyphota, was formed from Kryonians in exile, Yrafans, and Phocesian traders looking to venture north. Elaria, another new state, was founded to the north of Terantia. Also, completely isolated from the rest of mankind, save for a few stray Phocesian trade ships, Lycia was founded in the southeastern corner of Oroca.

Extal also saw conflict. As quick as Moctzal rose, they fell. Tlaah began to turn the tides in battle, and it triggered an avalanche of problems for Moctzal. THe leadership lost confidence, morale in the military dropped, harvests were weak, and ultimately, the empire came crashing down. Two new states, Kanha and Roxir, were founded along different coastal spots. The new powers of the region were Tlaah and Chempe.

Besides bloodshed and trade, something new began to occur: Mining. Although the knowledge was only held by Keshbar, Gilguron, and Aluhima, it began to be noticed by many. Mining allowed faster extraction of stone, therefore making it a more useful building material. Houses made out of Paschim Ghat wood were quickly remade from stone, to be more durable. The discovery also assisted in weaponry. The growing militaries were supported by the abundance of stone. The warriors were armed easily, being that stone clubs and axes were easier to produce. How helpful will stone prove to be?

Map:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom