Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unable to reproduce the first turn crash on the 1936 map, a log would help.

On the 1940 map it was caused by a Swedish infantry going into a lake during first turn (I don't know why it make the game crash while other AI units goes in sea on first turn already without causing crash... so I've just moved a bit the starting position of the unit...)

I noticed that on the 1936 map when Britain or America make a new infantry unit, it says somthing like "American American Infantry" instead of 4th Infantry division or something of that nature. also, for Russia it seem several units are not playable, but I already said that. one more thing. When upgrading a Matilda I to a Matilda II, the "light tank" promo is still there i.e. -25% tanks, +25% vs infantry. by the two penalties for cities combind, so -58% vs cities, which causes problems. The same thang happens when Panzer 2s upgrade to Panzer 4s, which should not happen in the first place!

Everybody, do you still have the intro speech on new game with v.29 and v.30 ?

They are not playing in development v.31, but maybe I've not noticed it before as I'm frequently testing new version with previous saves (and that's normal game behavior to skip the intro speech then)

I havent had the speech intros since v.28 I think, not quite sure tbh, but I am sure that they have not been in 29 and 30.

Also I can confirm the upgrade bug with panzer 2s to panzer 4s, its a bit tricky to watch for which panzer 4s can actually attack other tanks and which just are upgraded infantry smashers :)

Not sure if it was reported before, I did read this whole thread without finding this issue so...

In the 1939, europe map, in the hotseat version, fighters do not intercepts.
Well, they do, but they do show the animation, but absolutly no damage is done to the attacking plane.

Please help me!

I think I found another bug ( or maybe you changed it voluntarily in the new versions) : city can now be bombarded under 33% HP by air attacks. I found it playing the 1939 scenario in solo and in hotseat (but it worked sometimes in hotseat...).

I had it a few times before, now again. There are "Fast Flight animations" and "WWII Edition" Mods on abonnement. But they never appear in the modlist. They are deleted in the installed files. Is there any chance to install an play them and most important, to avoid this trouble in the future?

The KV-1 and the T-26
thanks, should be fixed in next version.

Not sure if it was reported before, I did read this whole thread without finding this issue so...

In the 1939, europe map, in the hotseat version, fighters do not intercepts.
Well, they do, but they do show the animation, but absolutly no damage is done to the attacking plane.

Please help me!
On every interception ? Had tested an hotseat game on Stalingrad, can't remember having this issue, will test again once v.31 is stable enough (I'm rewriting most of the combat detection system because of patch .674, takes time... :cry: )

I think I found another bug ( or maybe you changed it voluntarily in the new versions) : city can now be bombarded under 33% HP by air attacks. I found it playing the 1939 scenario in solo and in hotseat (but it worked sometimes in hotseat...).
Yes, seen it, should be fixed once combat detection is stable again (see just above)

I had it a few times before, now again. There are "Fast Flight animations" and "WWII Edition" Mods on abonnement. But they never appear in the modlist. They are deleted in the installed files. Is there any chance to install an play them and most important, to avoid this trouble in the future?
Do the troubleshooting again, but instead of using Steam version, do not subscribe again and use the direct download version. I'm sorry, this problem is Firaxis/Steam responsibility, not the mod.

I did notice one more thing. Playing the 1936 map as Italy. The cost of my millitary goes up by 1 gold per turn even when no new units are being made. Is this a bug or on purpose?

another bug to report : I'm playing a game in the 1939 scenario (with France), and I see all the british convoys going to London and not to Plymouth...
And I saw something else strange : greek finished the attack aircraft design twice during the same game.

convoy from US (west side of the map) or Suez ?

I've also noticed that some of the convoys which according to the tooltip are for Plymouth end up trying to go towards London, I am however not sure if they came via Gibraltar or from the "US" side of the Atlantic.

Each turns, the convoy units test if their destination is reachable, it is possible that during their travel Plymouth was not available (another unit on the city plot and nearby coast) and it switch to London instead. But then it should be shown in the tooltip.

And even with Plymouth as a destination, a convoy passing near London can stop there, London is a backup solution for many convoy routes, and passing near any of those backup trigger the convoy unloading.

But even with ocean moves being faster than coastal, I don't see why they go near London first.

try to track those convoy, more details are needed :)

The weird thing is that alltho its listed as going towards Plymouth, if they miss that they also seem to loose whatever they had as cargo. :)

I'll try to track em a bit more once I got time to play my old save game.

I think it concerns convoys coming form Suez, because I saw an INFANTRY unit in one of them, but once it arrived to London, I didn't see any infantry unit near this city...
On the other side I saw a Grant so only convoys from Suez are concerned.

I'd like feedback from a game using U.K. to track all their convoy, with autosave on each turn, and if there is an anomaly, posting the corresponding save... and maybe also one from 10 turns before so I can track the convoy on multiple turns...

TIA

Hi Gedemon!

I have a question on the reinforcements and unit maintenance of AI-Players. As i described in the strategie-thread AI is plopping many douzens of units. In my current game Italy is the weakest state (listed in Demographics) and has about 15-20 vessels, 25+ Airunits and nearly every single tile(!) is filled with a landunit. I nearly invaded France, there are just the far east and south of France some cities are left, i occupie all(!) the manufactory-tiles of the left cities, but still AI is plopping tanks every third round at least and still heal to the largest amount. Even in Vichy(size 1 city, no manufactory in range) i can see an animated Broadcast-Tower, which takes nearly 20 rounds if i build it in my most productive cities. I have no clue how this can even work with normal mechanics. So my question is:

Is the AI pimped in some way that it has no upkeep for units, a very strong production and additional (or obviously infinite) reinforcements?

Also: the convois reaching GB have loads like 500 Material and 800 Gold, while German convois have 125 Material on a lower frequence (at least it feels this way). Is this really balanced and historically correct? Is this influenced by difficulty?

At least for MP this is very unbalanced and game-breaking strong on first site.

Glitch, Italy can only have 24 infantry units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom