NinNES I: Antiquity Broken

@ topsecret
I decide stats once you tell me who you are going to play as. Obviously you won't make it in for this update (a little late for that), but you can join in the next one in about a day or two.

48 (or so) hour warning

@ topsecret
I decide stats once you tell me who you are going to play as. Obviously you won't make it in for this update (a little late for that), but you can join in the next one in about a day or two.

48 (or so) hour warning

OK, this is my first story...

That's fine, I'll be glad to iron out any bugs that may arise.

Just tell me what tribe or nation you want from the map, that is not in the stats yet.

Player/Nation: topsecret/Scythian Tribes
Leader Name: Chief Koloksai
Background of Leader: Chief Koloksai, a young man of 18, has just assumed the mantle of ruler. Koloksai, a former warlord from the smallest tribe, has formed a coalition of power and is planning to establish a Scythian empire like no other empire before. Without experience, this young warlord-turned-chief must lead his tribe to greatness.
Capitol: Kazakh in the Kazakh Steppe

Right here, for the next update I want the Scythian Tribe.

East or West?

They are two different branches of the same basic tribe. Not the same tribe though.

And We're Done No New Revisions or Order Sets Beyond this Point

I've received all of the order sets over a day early, and will most likely finish the update in a few hours.

Also, I'm going to greatly expand upon the presentation and clarification of both NPC stats as well as the trading system. Mechanics aren't changing at all, I just am going to be relaying the information to everyone a bit better (I hope).

Update 1-995 B.C.

Middle Eastern News

Phoenicia Subjugates Cyprus After repeated attempt at diplomacy failed, the Phoenicians made an important move. They took the island of Cyprus by force, consolidating their nation's power base, at only minimal cost to themselves. +1EP from annexation, -2 Spearmen from invasion.

Phoenician Officials Stumped In an interesting move, the Phoenician king ordered that the brightest minds in the nation get together and work together to solve a problem. While an interesting proposal, the results were not up to expectations. The given problem was of colonial governments not operating efficiently, and while many different solutions were proposed, the end result was too much effort, bureaucracy, and general inefficiency. The very thing that was trying to be avoided. It remains to be seen what the official response to this is going to be.

Urartu Nation Unites The Armenian people have united for the first time throughout history. Though many were skeptical of the chances of success, the local warlords have all pledged themselves to the greater cause of their nation. Borders expanded due to cultural influence. +1 political stability.

Urartu Nation Expands South The new Urartu nation has expanded its borders already. They have traveled along the Assyrian border, claiming quite a bit of land on the North side of the border. Due to the generally sparse population, resistance has been nonexistent. +1EP from expansion.

Trojans Invade Crete! The new Trojan nation has invaded the island nation of Crete. An isolated city-state to begin with, the advancement of the Trojan navies crushed what little hope the Cretan people had for independence to begin with.

Aegean Sea Clash In what would be the only non-decisive Trojan victory, the Trojans attempted to force their way onto the east shores of the island. Their navy was numerically superior, yet the opposing forces fought hard. The Trojans managed to get a victory nevertheless. -2 triremes, -1 cog

Crete Surreders After only two months on the island, the Trojan army forced the Cretan government to agree to a complete surrender. The highly disciplined troops had massive advantages numerically, and the geography, which could have allowed for guerrilla warfare, instead resulted in a highly disorganized and disjointed massacre. Next to no Trojans were lost, and the king at Knossos signed over his kingdom to preserve his people. +3EP from annexation.

Trojans Build Marketplaces A domestic side of the Trojans came this year, as Priam III ordered all major cities receive a major marketplace. With a little effort on their part, this became a reality. +1 EP

Mediterranean News

Athens Rebuilds The first good news for Greeks in years has come recently, as the city-state of Athens has begun to rebuild itself. They have organized a colony, and have claimed some land north of Troy for their nation. +1 EP for annexation.

Athens Begins Great Wall A project of staggering size was undertaken as Athens has declared a wall, bigger and stronger than any in the known world, is to be built all around their great city. It is an ambitious project, and only marginal funds were directed to allow basic planning and organization.

Alba Longa Invades the Estrucans! Upon hearing that the precious Alba Longan Vineyards were raided, repeatedly, by the Estrucans, the Alba Longans launched an invasion. After initial setbacks, there was some progress made by the invading armies.

Alba Longa Scouts Highly Competent Alba Longa has quickly made great progress in the army mobilization department, and their scouts are more highly trained than normal. New Unit: Scout, 0,0,3,0,.25 2EP to unlock.

Veneti-Lombard Alliance The nations of Veneti and Lombardia have allied themselves now, economically and militarily. The Lombards were more than pleased to puruse such a course of action, though the neighbors of the Ligurians and Estrucans were, at the time, naught but insulted by certain insinuations they felt were being made. +2 raider infantry, +2 slingers, +1 horseman

Veneti-Illyrians Alliance Officialized Not surprinsingly, the Illyrian people have officially made an alliance with Veneti, formalizing their longstanding frienship.

Veneti Denounces Troy! The Venetians recently became the center of attention when they denounced the Trojans publicly. They claimed that the growing imperialism and greed of the nation would consume the entire Mediterranean. A rather interesting turn of events, all things considered.

Calabria Invades Neighboring Tribe, Total Destruction The Calabrian army is one built for defense. Thus, when they managed to completely eliminate and annex their neighbors, it came as something of a shock. The Messapic people have been fully integrated into society, with their only complaints being lack of food due to the invading armies. Luckily for Calabria, their excess foodstuffs were enough to offset the problems. -1 Spearman, -2 Archers, +4 EP from annexation.

Controversial Calabrian Military The military of Calabria made a controversial decision recently, as mandating that peasants could potentially outrank nobles of the field of battle. What's more, the common folk managed to prove themselves worthy of the recognition. The nobility have, of course, protested this heavily, though peacefully for now. +3 Discipline for Calabria

East Europe News

Macedonian News Initially, the nation of Macedonia instituted mandatory military training. This is relatively standard. And, as usual, the older men who were not soldiers voiced their dissent. Then King Alexander publicly executed them. This resulted in whole cities rising up in fury for this outrage. His response? He is God. Thus, it is foolish to disobey him. People tended to ignore that part. Then, he named the Macedonians the chosen people of Zeus. To everyone's surprise, it worked. This simple proclamation calmed the people, and managed to get them to re-institute military training peacefully. Total effects seem positive to some degree. +1 raider infantry, -1 horseman.

Macedonia Invades Thrace! The Macedonians have swept through largely underpopulated parts of Thrace recently, and have managed to almost double their nations size. While the gains are not that impressive, the nation does continue to grow. +1 EP from annexation, -7 raider infantry.

Heruli Tribe Spotted in Mezoscat Lands It was recently discovered that the Heruli had sent scouts throughout Eastern Europe for various reasons. The ones to the Mezoscat people were caught, though they managed to lose their pursuers on the way back to their people.

Heruli-Thrace Trade Agreement These two groups, the Heruli and Thracians, have managed to secure a long-distance trade route for themselves. The benefits have been much greater than expected, and both groups are looking forward to more trade. +1EP

Central Europe News

Thuringians Expand The Thuringian group has expanded. They managed to secure quite a few lands west of their capitol. With only minor losses, this campaign is seen as a overall success. +1 EP from annexation, -3 raider infantry

Thuringians Settle Down The nomadic Germanic peoples who found their way south have found a permanent home. They have settled down, built houses, and begun to generally act like a city. +2EP

North Africa News

Tetwan Expands Territory The young kingdom of Tetwan has expanded in two directions most recently. Their first campaign was only marginally successful, yet still gained them some land to the east. A second expedition allowed them to secure the land on the European continent. Gibraltar is under their control, though somewhat loosely. -1 raider infantry, -1 slinger, -2 horsemen

Map:
Spoiler :
europele1.png

Author's Note: Here's the first update. I will post stats and improved trade overlay tomorrow, when I don't have to rush for school. I am also sure there are some things I forgot, I'll try to edit them in later.

Spoiler :
Heruli Tribe Spotted in Mezoscat Lands It was recently discovered that the Heruli had sent scouts throughout Eastern Europe for various reasons. The ones to the Mezoscat people were caught, though they managed to lose their pursuers on the way back to their people.

Heruli-Thrace Trade Agreement These two groups, the Heruli and Thracians, have managed to secure a long-distance trade route for themselves. The benefits have been much greater than expected, and both groups are looking forward to more trade. +1EP

The god of war hates those who hesitate.
Though the trading agreement brought much cheers and celebratory mood back in the Heruli tents, it was short lived as the Raiders arrived shortly to inform that the the Mezoscat people even after all the killing and plundering, have yet again, managed to gather some more men who dared to oppose our troops. The gathering had suddenly turned sombre, as men around the tents sat down to discuss what needs doing to take care of these people once and for all.

OOC : The quote wasn't yet said in 1000 BC, Cicero would have mentioned this some 900 years later

To: Troy

The Kingdom of Alba Longa would like to enter an alliance with Troy.

To: Scythians (Eastern)

The western Scythian leader wishes to unite the Scythians into one nation. We wish you to join our nation, but what would you consider for payment?

OOC: I can't really start until I see my stats... But we can talk to NPC's, right?

Yeah, we can talk to NPCs.

Nice update, I can't post much now, so diplo and such coming tomorrow.

To: Scythian Nation

Such an agreement would be pleasing to us. However, we cannot allow our great leaders and warriors to simply be assimilated into naught for future generations! How will you preserve our legacy should we agree to such a proposal?

OOC: Stats coming now, trade soon (tomorrow most likely).

Stats are up. I haven't factored in trade stuff yet, I'm just really tired right now. Sorry guys. I'll get that up soon though.

Slightly better trade screen set up. Currently factoring imports/exports, will be up in just a minute.

Also, due to my newness in modding:

Rule Amendment #1

Any nation that has sea access is automatically connected with all others on that sea. The diplomatic fog applies to inland and other sea groups only.

For example, the Mediterranean now connects ALL nations within it for diplo and trade. The Black Sea is a separate group, but connects those nations as well.

By the way, what does "advanced copper unit training enabled" and "advanced naval unit training enabled" mean in gameplay terms?

Also, nice trading and resource system.

I like the system. Much more concrete than before, and should have some interesting game-play opportunities. Is there any advantage to having more than one of a resource, or it more like Civ in that regard?

Koloksai looked out of his tent. He heard his horsemen riding up. The main horseman dismounted, and bowed quickly. Koloksai quietly asked, "What did they say?"
The horseman, a strong, tall Scythian quickly answered. "They said they would be pleased to do it. However, we're going to have to make sure their leaders' and warriors' legacies are preserved."
Koloksai nodded. "I figured they would say as much. You are dismissed, visit your wife." The horseman, a new husband of just 3 months, eagerly expressed his thanks and left. Koloksai returned to his tent. How do I preserve their legacy, and yet unite us? This will be a long day.

Finally, in the middle of the night, it came to him. He ordered his scribe to come with a tablet, and together they quickly worded it out. There! The tribes of Scythia would hopefully be united...

To: Eastern Scythians

The great Koloksai sends you greetings. We understand your wish to remain recognized, and we will be happy to do the following:
1. Record your names in stone in a monument for future generations to read. We do not wish for you to simply disappear, but for the Scythians to be the greatest among all nations.
2. Allow your governors to continue ruling, and your head council leaders to become rulers over the what would be the eastern part of the nation. You would have to follow our laws, but you may manage many things and your leaders would be able to vote at the council meetings.
3. Allow your generals and soldiers to continue in the military, defending your homeland. If a war happens to occur, we will call you up, and you will fight with us as equals, and split the bounty as equals.

In these ways we feel we will be allied, but if you have any further suggestions or needs, we wish you to address them now. Do you accept, or have any other comments?

I like the trade system. I'll write a story tomorrow about the horses of the Scythians, if I have time. :)

Top Bottom