SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

I agree tundra city isn't our priority but it could be built as 7th or 8th city

I believe that we'll have better options when we need to build/conquer the 7th/8th city. At deity games, sometimes you may have to utilize each land when it is not a good time for war. However, at other levels, you may always pick the best land no matter it is at your backyard or AI's.

I believe that we'll have better options when we need to build/conquer the 7th/8th city. At deity games, sometimes you may have to utilize each land when it is not a good time for war. However, at other levels, you may always pick the best land no matter it is at your backyard or AI's.

Sossos, you are right. I fell victim to deity way of thinking. Ok, I am convinced.
I still think Orleans could build us GLH, even more now it has gained deer. It could whip Lighthouse and/or settler into GLH. However, testing will be required. I prefer being conservative on GLH more than on an Oracle and any turn gained would put my vote to Orleans.

BTW, what do we Oracle? No one answered that.

I agree tundra city isn't our priority but it could be built as 7th or 8th city. I just wouldn't kill it just like that, you need 9T of sharing Sheep from Orleans to grow it to level 5 from level 2 with granary and lighthouse in it (not hard if forests are chopped) and 0 food. It also works otherwise unworkable grassland hills, and not working them is a waste to me. And you save a forest in Orleans so it can chop better. I know I am repeating myself, but it just seems to me tundra city isn't a burden. It is definitely much better than most of the crap cities I spam when in possession of GLH.

When the Deer tile is already included in the sheep city, I don't see the reason to spend an extra settler. Moreover, the site 1NE is still coastal if there's important resources around.

Again, this game is a long lasting one so that all the city will be able to work at their full potential with Sushi.

BTW, what do we Oracle? No one answered that.

We will know more clear in the next set when more surrounding tile revealed. If we are isolated, Monarchy could be a very good choice.:)

Still little feedback but I will play the 9t turnset and report tonight nevertheless.
Any reason I shall not? I will not have a civ computer from tomorrow till Monday.

Then I will pass the game to the next Duck. Ready to take it Duckweed?

Like Shaka, I am also concerned by the ability to build TGL fast. It would be nice if we can build it in Orleans.

@soundjata

I have no objections to your PPP.

Green light from me.

Spying on other teams from progress page:

It seems no one settled better spot than us.

More importantly, Phoenix Rising seems to have less than 5 culture more than US and MS at the same period and they all settled on turn 0. That makes me think PR had a religious spread from somewhere else, meaning we are not alone on the map. If they found the religion, they'd have at least 5 culture more, right?

Your ppp seems fine to me.

So green light from me.

@shaka.
Actually there has been a bit of a discussion regarding the Oracle tech, but the next few turns will dictate the choice anyway. If we're isolated and/or lack happy resources then Monarchy seems obvious, otherwise MC is the best tech in general. More advanced techs such as Currency or CS are definitely out of the question given this low commerce land.

Any reason I shall not? I will not have a civ computer from tomorrow till Monday.

Then I will pass the game to the next Duck. Ready to take it Duckweed?

I'd like to see you finish at least BW, better AH before handing over, we can do more clear test at that time.:)

Spying on other teams from progress page:

It seems no one settled better spot than us.

More importantly, Phoenix Rising seems to have less than 5 culture more than US and MS at the same period and they all settled on turn 0. That makes me think PR had a religious spread from somewhere else, meaning we are not alone on the map. If they found the religion, they'd have at least 5 culture more, right?

The only team I'm sure that settling on T0 is PR and their culture is normal without any religion. Kaku seemed to settle on PH (2 turns of delay). The other 2 teams might settle on T0 and revolted to slavery.

It was quick :)

I press "end turn" and meet Brennus, who is the founder of Buddism.
I put our spy points on him.
Spoiler :

Notice how 4 AI capitols are size 2, Bibracte being the most cultured, while 2 AI capitols are size 1 (building a worker). Thanks Tachy for the tips. :D

Now we get a Bonus research for Hunting/Mysticism and Meditation for sure. Hopefully AH as well :)

His best unit is "archers", of which he has "numberless" or so he claims.
His favorite civic is OR. Sounds like a nice buddy for the next 3000 years :evil:
He is not connected to our trade network yet (no joke :eek:)

Now Shaka's positioning of Orleans become very attractive (coastal fish instead of Tundra deer). Is it a good reason to switch research to Fishing instead of Pottery?

Any other implication of meeting Mister I always punch my own chest before I speak a.k.a. Brennus?

Waiting for some Feedback (notice the couple of question marks in my report) before I proceed.

So much food around and Duckweed despises Pyramids :rolleyes:

Meeting Brennus is a good news, then you need to record his Eps on us for a few turns to see whether he has contact with other AIs.

I don't think the discovery of the extra fish changes things, on GH tile also include it. If you see another seafood nearby, then I agree.:D We can further discuss it later.

The reason that I abandon Fish is mainly for faster Oracle, The sheep city already has 2 good tiles to work (sheep + 2 FPs) and potentially strategic resources.

Thank you Duckweed for the feedback :goodjob:

Brennus has all spy points on us during the turnset (4SP/turn)

Hinduism found on turn 10.

Our warrior met a lion, who attacked on a forest across a river.
Spoiler :
We survived with 2% HP :eek:
Notice the other lion drooling at us

I don't think anything else needs to be reported. You can check the uploaded game, which is paused.

Turnlog
Spoiler :
Turn 1, 3960 BC: Paris has been founded.
Turn 3, 3880 BC: The borders of Paris have expanded!
Turn 7, 3720 BC: Buddhism has been founded in a distant land!
Turn 8, 3680 BC: You have discovered Mining!
Turn 10, 3600 BC: Hinduism has been founded in a distant land!
Turn 17, 3320 BC: You have discovered Pottery!
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Barbarian's Lion (2.00) vs Louis XIV's Warrior (3.70)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Combat Odds: 1.2%
Turn 17, 3320 BC: (Animal Combat: +10%)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior is hit for 14 (58/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior is hit for 14 (44/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior is hit for 14 (30/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior is hit for 14 (16/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior is hit for 14 (2/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 17, 3320 BC: Louis XIV's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Lion!
Turn 17, 3320 BC: While defending, your Warrior has killed a Barbarian Lion!

Now like I said I will be off (and on the beach :p) for the next 4 days.
I don't mind playing a few more turns but wave your tail if you wish to take the game now :cool:

Will work now on the test game. I'll need to fit Brennus somewhere south near the south pole...
[Edit: Sorry it's kinda late here, and I have no idea how to fit Brennus in a game where he is not originally... No test game from me :blush:]

The only team I'm sure that settling on T0 is PR and their culture is normal without any religion. Kaku seemed to settle on PH (2 turns of delay). The other 2 teams might settle on T0 and revolted to slavery.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I didn't know Progress page always puts lines from center, no matter when you settled. Things you don't notice when not actively participating...

How come scores are so wild?! Shawshank, wtf? Or that is because they only settled on T0.

Like huts were on. Don't get anything.

On game:

Good job, soundjata. Wow, that lion really did some damage. Well, retreat to our borders and heal. too bad we'll lose on exploration. :( And potentially on beakers. :(
I don't think we should research Fishing just yet. Safety of Oracle is our main concern.
We have an island. :)

I think we can skip AH. If we are gonna build TGL at the 2nd city, mostly we'll whip lighthouse and put 2 pop on the hills.

@soundjata
4 days off are a bit long for this tense game, so I will take the game now.:p Will post PPP tonight.

Brennus surely met someone he hates since there's only 8 EPs on us.

How come scores are so wild?! Shawshank, wtf? Or that is because they only settled on T0.

Yes, TSR settled on T0 from the culture chart, which reveals the most things in early stage. Combine with score and power chart, you can also reveal what tech and what build in the capital. For instance, 3 teams obviously researched BW 1st.

I think we can skip AH. If we are gonna build TGL at the 2nd city, mostly we'll whip lighthouse and put 2 pop on the hills.

We can decide that after we finish BW, we need Axe or chariot to deal with barbarians. It seems that kcd favors food much more than happiness, we might need to Oracle Monarchy to grow our cities and support whipping settlers and workers.

Is there any test game, I'd like to test a bit to improve micro. I guess Duckweed will test on something so if he would be so kind to provide one...:)

@soundjata

Have fun!

PPP to BW

Current warrior pulls back to Paris and recovers, it will be sent to scout north a little bit, also secure the sheep site.

T22 -- worker goes SW and finish road
T23 -- worker goes to the FP and cottage
T27 -- Paris grows to size 3, the 3rd citizen works on 2F1H tile so that Paris will grows in 4 turns
T28 -- worker goes to the 2N1W PH tile
T29 -- Paris (Gra), New warrior scouts south, Worker mines
T30
T31 -- Paris (size4 settler, AUTO ON)
T32 -- BW completed

I am ok with the PPP and I am curious where our copper is.
GL (green light / good luck)

@Duckweed

Please explain AUTO ON.

Other than that, Green Light.

Good luck!

@Duckweed

Please explain AUTO ON.

Other than that, Green Light.

Good luck!

It means that I will turn on the city Governor. Because on T27, I manually assign the 3rd citizen to 2F1H tile, which turns off the city Governor.

Top Bottom